Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Birthday

thedoc

Dear Cyber Sangat Jee

WJKK

WJKF

Just to remind you all that it was the birthday of great Khalsa Fauji, Sant-Sipahi Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia yesterday.

The picture of the ' article of the month' is of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia, conquering the Red Fort in Delhi. after which the Nishaan Sahib was hoisted in the Red Fort for the first time in Sikh History.

He help build numerous historical gurdwaras, such as Tarn Taran Sahib, Baba Atal Tower, Bhagat Namdev Gurdwara and the Bungas in Amritsar and Hazoor Sahib.

He was a member of the Taruna Dal. His Khalsa contemporaries included greats like Baba Deep Singh and Sardar Jassa Singh Aluwalia.

He freed 1000s of kidnapped women from the evil clutches of the Moguls and was a member of those small band of Sikhs who survived on a diet of leaves in the forests, when the Sikhs were being hunted down, almost to the point of extinction.

He got the name Ramgarhia, after the great battle of fort 'Ram Rauni'. 'Ram' is derived from 'Guru Ram Das Jee' and Garh means 'fort'. So the term Ramgarhia means 'the fort of Guru Ram Daas Jee'.

The Ramgarhia Bungas (the 2 tall towers next to Harimandir Sahib) were built by the Misl, to function as watchtowers, so that any Moghul onslaught could be anticipated and repulsed.

WJKK

WJKF

i want to add info .... back sardar jassa singh ramgarhia was a soldier in the army of lahors nawab ..... when govt army attacked ramrauni killa and try to kill singhs inside their who were fighting from inside for days without food ... mughal army gave of killing all singhs inside to sardar jassa singh ... who was commander and has army of 1000 sikhs and hindus under him ... now he went to the gate of killa ... but seeing other singhs his mind got changed and he offered help to singhs inside .... first singhs thought he is just playing some sort of game with him ... being a singh they will allow him inside and he will kill them later .... but singhs inside the killa didnt had any food or water also their gun powder was almost finished so they took the risk and let jassa singh with his 1000 force join them .... but jassa singh being a singh helped other singh bought food and gun powder from outside and helped singh win this morcha and govt army fled away ... being a young singh in mid twenties he joined tarna dal latter he made his own misl known as misl of ramgarhia ....

fathe

Gurfateh !

Some interesting pictures

Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia - here seated on the left with his sons Jodh Singh and Bir Singh - a Simple but very engaging portrait - by the hand of Purkhu of Kangra c.1780, in the National Museum Collection,New Delhi.

* Picture from Piety and Splendour- Sikh Heritage in Art - B N Goswamy - Nat Mus 2000

jassa1tawo7.jpg

The 'coronation Slab' from The Muhgal Takht-e-Taus or peacock throne brought from The Red Fort Delhi by Jassa Singh Ramgarhia - when the Sardars walked unchallenged into the Mughal Court - now in the Ramgarhia Bunga Amritsar . It is amazing to think that the orders to Behead Sri Guru Tegh Bahadar Ji were made from that throne and within a hundred years the Khalsa had taken over Delhi and tore down the throne and brought it to Amritsar. A Nishani of the blessing of Guru Sahib that 'Raaj Karega Khalsa'

silllp6.jpg

Another portrait of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia - from the Lahore Museum - he is shown on the left with Amar Singh Phulkian (of Patiala) - painted c.1845

jasa0ge.jpg

enjoy !

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Dear Cyber Sangat Jee

WJKK

WJKF

Just to remind you all that it was the birthday of great Khalsa Fauji, Sant-Sipahi Sardar Jassa Singh Ramgarhia yesterday.

The picture of the ' article of the month' is of Jassa Singh Ramgarhia, conquering the Red Fort in Delhi. after which the Nishaan Sahib was hoisted in the Red Fort for the first time in Sikh History.

He help build numerous historical gurdwaras, such as Tarn Taran Sahib, Baba Atal Tower, Bhagat Namdev Gurdwara and the Bungas in Amritsar and Hazoor Sahib.

He was a member of the Taruna Dal. His Khalsa contemporaries included greats like Baba Deep Singh and Sardar Jassa Singh Aluwalia.

He freed 1000s of kidnapped women from the evil clutches of the Moguls and was a member of those small band of Sikhs who survived on a diet of leaves in the forests, when the Sikhs were being hunted down, almost to the point of extinction.

He got the name Ramgarhia, after the great battle of fort 'Ram Rauni'. 'Ram' is derived from 'Guru Ram Das Jee' and Garh means 'fort'. So the term Ramgarhia means 'the fort of Guru Ram Daas Jee'.

The Ramgarhia Bungas (the 2 tall towers next to Harimandir Sahib) were built by the Misl, to function as watchtowers, so that any Moghul onslaught could be anticipated and repulsed.

WJKK

WJKF

Forgot to add that Baba Jassa Singh Ramgarhia also built a small shrine to Baba Deep Singh along the parkarma of Darbar Sahib that was later consolidated by Akali Phula Singh. This is the place that we pay our respects to when we go to Darbar Sahib.

partytime2.gif party on ramgharias! im surprised the modern ramgharia sardars havent organised the party yet, i mean we got plenty plenty jassa singh ramgharia dance halls to have them in! blush.gif :sady:

hhhmmmm this isn't funny. Many people want to clean up the 'Ramgarhia' hall fiasco and are very serious about it.....comments like yours are a very low form of wit. i suggest you read Sikh History to find out what a great general JSR was and how he , with th rest of the great Sardars of that era saved Sikhi from extinction.

WJKK

WJKF

partytime2.gif party on ramgharias! im surprised the modern ramgharia sardars havent organised the party yet, i mean we got plenty plenty jassa singh ramgharia dance halls to have them in! blush.gif :sady:

hhhmmmm this isn't funny. Many people want to clean up the 'Ramgarhia' hall fiasco and are very serious about it.....comments like yours are a very low form of wit. i suggest you read Sikh History to find out what a great general JSR was and how he , with th rest of the great Sardars of that era saved Sikhi from extinction.

WJKK

WJKF

sorry, everytime i think of jassa singh ramgharia i think of the dance halls where the drinking dens are. cant help it if the modern ramgharia misl sardars are all boozers now!

i aint doubting jassa singh ramgharias was a great gursikh, but does anyone care? if they did then they wouldnt allow his great name to be abused!