Do You Believe In Horoscopes?

Guest Gupt Singhni

Years ago, when I knew almost nothing of Sikhi but had interest in horoscopes, I used to read some 'in-depth' ones (ie more than a sentence or two) at the day's end the horoscope for that day. Did this for a few months. Found that over 70% was relevant to me.

Also about ten years ago, went and bought a specific guide for me, one that looks at your time of birth, as well as your day and place of birth. This was uncannily accurate - it described my personality down to a T. Accurate enough to scare me but at the same time remind me of what I used to be like too, as well as what I was going to be like.

The horoscope did explain that the stars show a prediction of your potential ie there is defined area within which you develop, so certain aspects may never apply to you whereas other aspects you may have had, possess or will come to possess.

From this, I conclude that the general day-to-day ones are pointless. You are trying to cover such a huge population that you must generalise to the point that it becomes almost meaningless. However, the proper detailed horoscopes, such as the one that I got are vastly more accurate. In the end though, I decided that it's better to leave life/worries etc to the Guru and live our lives to the best that we can.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it is possible to know a little bit about someones future or are able to find things out, theres those who are 100% frauds who do it by asking questions n finding n guessin from you. then theres some people who are gifted naturaly,they can also be non sikhs etc, who can notice thngs about people by using this gift, and they abuse it also for money. There are those who can really read your future and there own , for example saints and highly blessed individuals, they may abuse it, or may be absolutley discreet or only use it sometimes, or to someones benifit. But it is possible, but most of the time its fraudulent and along with other things , these can be obtained via meditation etc, but this is not why we do mediation or naam simran....... when people take great interest in these things, then when tey do the simran or pray to akal purakh , they constantly get these thoughts in their head, either disurbing them or increasing their want for some sort of power...........there are many cases which give evidence, for instance when people witness kautaks ........... this is a similar thing..........but we should rest assured that our future is in the gurus hands and he can change it anytime, and thers no point wondering all your life living of whats going to happen, live in the present, live like a sih, have faith in the guru and accept wat comes your way as akaal purakhs hukam................ we dont need to know anything about the future , we just need his kirpa

bhul chuk marf karna

Fateh Sangat Ji

Guest jap naam

nonono.gif I believe in God.

What has happened is meant to happen!!

What is gonna happen will happen!!

What will happen will be for the best!!!!

Trust In God

Jap Naam and Keep the Faith

pray.gif

I believe in Horoscopes and i go to my family pandit ji too. Respect him for making my jeevan a success :@ . I have to make mitteh chol and put them at a 4- way crossing at 3 am on friday so that i get a pretty wife.