1984 Remembrance March & Freedom Rally [2007]

sikhlionz

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we need to reflect on pictures of sikhs being burnt alive on the streets of delhi. the burning of a piece of cloth seems to enrage many of you. The flag is a symbol of a country, the sikhs burned on the streets of Delhi were sargun saroop of Akaal Purakh.

burning a flag doesn't make one a terrorist. every human being is free to express him/herself as long as they don't harm the peopel around them. Instead of burning the Nishaan Sahib in 1984, mobs in Delhi instead burned our fellow sikhs. This is the topic to be discussed.

stop your petty annual flag burning debate and talk about human lives. I'll buy you guys a new flag, can anyone bring back my lost brothers and sisters?

peace.

i think we need to reflect on pictures of sikhs being burnt alive on the streets of delhi. the burning of a piece of cloth seems to enrage many of you. The flag is a symbol of a country, the sikhs burned on the streets of Delhi were sargun saroop of Akaal Purakh.

burning a flag doesn't make one a terrorist. every human being is free to express him/herself as long as they don't harm the peopel around them. Instead of burning the Nishaan Sahib in 1984, mobs in Delhi instead burned our fellow sikhs. This is the topic to be discussed.

stop your petty annual flag burning debate and talk about human lives. I'll buy you guys a new flag, can anyone bring back my lost brothers and sisters?

peace.

Good idea, if they cannot come up with any ideas with how to help the Sikhs get justice , we should buy them some little Indian flags that they can wave at each other if that makes them happy.

When one of Bhagat Singhs decendants was killed by the police in a false encounter in the 1980's, his family said he would never have fought for Indian independence if he new how it India would turn out.

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ki phatehi

Bhaji our aim was never to disrespect shaheeds bt i hav only brought the burnin of flags up because this is not helping us.we r tryin to show the british government n ppl r gettin a negative view of us-we dont h8 indians..we want justice n equal rights....sikhs are tolerent ppl n this needs to be shown

maaph karna if i hav offended ne1

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa

vaheguroo ji ki phatehi

Guest Bass Singh

NO 1 BURNT ANY FLAGS SO STOP CHATTING CRAP!

MODS CRAP AINT A SWEAR!!!!!!!

IM SUPRISED MODS R DOING STUFF ON THIS SITE MAN! DNT NORMALLY HAPPEN!

Mod Edited : Bass Singh, make your point without starting name calling and swearing.

PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING ORIGINAL TOPIC TO POST ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND DISCUSSION ABOUT THE SUNDAY 3RD JUNE 2007 REMEMBRANCE MARCH AND FREEDOM RALLY:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=26982&st=48#entry260340

This will help keep everything clear and easy for members to keep track of information regarding this subject...

Thanks!

d_oh.gif Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa, Vaheguroo Jee Kee Phateh!!! d_oh.gif

I went to London Hype Park, for the remembrance walk that happens every year. This was my first time so I didn't know what to expect.

When we first arrived I was gob smacked by the sea of oranges, white, blue Singhs and Singniya. I'd never seen so many Sikh's in my life! When the walk started I was slightly nervous and felt uneasy because everyone around me was Amrit darri. I wanted to my fight for freedom also but felt like I couldn't because I felt embarrassed. I stood out in a crowd of Gurmurks. I wished I could be more like them.

After a while I walked along side some rather passionate Singhs and I really felt their love and anger for the fight for freedom. There was SO much sangat, I was amazed! Totally blown away by everyone.

The end of walk came in Trafalgar square, where the Panj Payre stood on the stage and speeches where made. Screen videos were shown that brought tears to my eyes. Although I knew I about what happened to Sikhs in 84, I learnt a lot more about the Indian government and how they cheated Sikhs. Innocent victims tortured and killed, it made me feel distress. I could now understand why it's so important to show people our history, Sikh history. A lot of non Sikhs saw the videos and stopped and listened to speeches made by various people.

All in all, it ended with adrass. It's a concidence that on the coach to the rally I learnt the power of adrass. During the adrass I opened my eyes and looked around, I saw women, children, and men. I could feel the power, the concentration from everyone. I felt over whelmed and proud to be amongst such devoted people. I would defiantly go again next year.

Please note I'm not educated is Sikhi, im trying my best to learn more. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone, it was not my intension. d_oh.gif

Fateh penji

it was also my firt ever time, and it really did open my eyes more, and i was blessed also with the darshan of chardikala sikhs and it was just udescribable,..................i think i wil never miss it again and urge more ppl to be there, i think we shud bear in mind what its all about, the screen was a good idea , it was relly touching watching the videos............ well done everyone who made it

d_oh.gif