Menstruation - Mature Topic

Guest kay-ay-yoo-arr 2k6

ignorant - have you had periods? Urine is dirty and blood from there is all clean lets bathe in it. Sorry to be offensive but I dont agree

Well you do realize that the menstruation blood comes from the Uterus, not the bladder. And everyone including you stayed in that uterus for 9 months.

Harpreet1 your comments are daft to put it nicely.

As for going gurdwara sahib whilst on period; long as singhnee in question feels comfortable and able to go (this time can be painful) then it shouldn't matter to anyone else. Going gurdwara sahib is a personal connect between a person and mahraji so no one else should matter. Some of the comments make a period sound like a disease or something; its natural. God gave women periods for a reason as everything last thing happens for a reason.

i think we can all agree harpreetk is a little bit naive. As long as the bibi feels comfortable doing seva go for it!

I simply said that I don't think a woman is completely pure when she has her period. So I don't agree that she can do all sewa. Where did I say she cannot go to the Gurdwara?

Are you all reading with your eyes closed. I am not being naive. I am a woman I have a period yet I am naive, ignorant etc - how does that make sense?

If I agree with many other sikhs that women should not do 'some' sewa when they are on their period then I am sorry for having that opinion. I do go to the gurdwara and would think it is wrong if a woman didn't go at that time.

That is the problem with us sikhs we just insult anyone that doesn't agree with us and we think we are being polite. I don't care I am just sitting at the back of the computer typing but some young sikh comes to a gurdwara and is told 'we can all agree you are naive' would feel so upset and feel like she is being bullied. As sikhs we are supposed to have love for everyone but on the forum I see a lot of insults, and some of think it is cool to be rude and get support from other members for their pathetic opinions.

If you are still playground kids I can understand the need to appear cool.

look at your previous post about periods and comparing them to urine. Would you say to mai bhago that for a certain amount of days a month she wasnt pure

would you say that to bibi nanaki etc

now you say u feel hurt by comments about being naive but you think its fine to call my sisters/mothers dirty! hypocrite!

I don't feel hurt. I am saying people like you can easily hurt a young person with your immature attitude.

That is the problem with you you don't read anything.

I did compare periods to urine. This is pathetic. I don't care if the urine comes from the bladder or somewhere else - I say its not clean because of what it comes out of. Does everything need to be spelt out to kids?

I would say that when a woman is urinating its kinda not pure. The person is not impure the blood is, the urine is. Why do you need to bring great women into this? I didn't call the women impure this is plain dumb.

You have so much anger in you - what's with the exclamation marks - do some paath.

LOL if I call your mothers and sisters dirty then that doesn't make me naive it makes me rude - how old are you? Or perhaps we can end this topic here and next time I will remember that we are not allowed to give our views on a sikh discussion forum lol.

Harpreet, why are you so angry?

If people think your view, which is different to the norm, is ignorant or naiive why does it hurt you so? Are these not as valid as they are only our views?

Like somebody said previously its all up to the individual. I know if i have a regular commitment at a Gurdwara I am going to do this irrespective of it being the time of the month however you may not. Life goes on, no?

Honestly take some biology classes as you seem completely unaware of some basic concepts.

"I did compare periods to urine. This is pathetic. I don't care if the urine comes from the bladder or somewhere else - I say its not clean because of what it comes out of. Does everything need to be spelt out to kids?"

I can even understand what point your trying to make with the above. Again biology 101 where do you think period blood comes from? Unclean based on what it comes out of...do you know how women give birth?

Please give more of your opinions on the forum this isnt meant to put you off just hopefully makes you think before you post a simple google would have answered some of the basic premises you are missing!

If I was angry I would be speaking as Kully does. I am not angry and I am not hurt. Where have I said I am hurt? Now you are both not reading my posts properly which is why you write what you do.

Yes it is up to the individual and I still go to the Gurdwara then.

You say you 'can' even understand the point I am making so then that's good we understand one another's view points.

When women give birth the baby is taken away to be cleaned. You don't give birth and then go straight to the Gurdwara to matha tek you would tink oh better clean the baby first. You are not dirty as in no one can touch you etc.

Also being on a forum where people make accusations and use exclamation marks for a small disgareement says a lot about us sikhs and your responses just further support my point. This is the youth of today. If we don't agree with you you are ignorant. You are naive and you just insulted our sisters.