If You Could Go Back In Time And Get The Chance

sikhness

Gurfateh,

Ok people, this question is deep... If you could ever get a chance to go back to childhood, school, or college, and do something differently, or learned something else, or chose a different path, which would have yielded a different outcome in your life, what would it be? It can be about sikhi, or not... Anything which you feel like you wish you had done different...

We can start with me... Sikhi-wise, I wish I would have payed more attention to gurbani, and what it actually meant... I didn't do that when I was young, and now I'm struggling to understand it...

mmmmm very deep ji............i dont think i would change anything cos even though i have done many many bad things..........it is through this that i am discovering who i realy am and (with maharaj's kirpa) i am trying to get onto the right path..................

each instance in our lives happens for a reason and its all hukam................all i pray for is that Maharaj's blessings to keep this murakh (me) on the correct and true pathh...

bhul chuck maaf

Guest Narinder Singh

I sometimes do wish i could change a lot of things, but then it comes back to what JustME veerji/panji said, my past actions are a result of who i am today, and who i am today is more of what im going to be in the future. So if i try to better my today, i can only hope that the future will be bright, with Wahegurus kirpa of course. :T:

But Guru Sahib is so kind, time and time again, he forgives worthless dogs like me who sin every minute and every second of their lives, it feels good to know that his protective hand is on my head.

Fateh.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use