Martial Skill

Do you know a martial art  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Do u have any martial skill

• Yes
    • No
    • Took some training long time back

Sat Sri Akal my brothers

The Situation these days is like after the baisakhi when Bhai Fauja Singh was martyred,

situation could get out of hand...

I live in delhi and at my office s0me of my co-workers were discussing the current issue with me, to any hindu this is just a un-called for attention towards sacha sauda, they say sikhs r over-reacting, i don't really blame them since they r used to seeing their gods inder taking a beating from some demons on national tv, i just tell them that our maryada is very different, if u r not offended by seeing someone dressed as hanuman going abt begging thats ur call... but this is not accetable to us,

So long story short, if situation get out of hand, how many of us are equipped with martial skill to defend ourselves, i don't know one fine day b4 u leave for home u might hear sikhs r being beaten up in delhi or something, i mean the thought does occur if u think of 84, then it started with nirankari's and now with sacha sauda..

i tried to make a poll, i had intended for there to be a yes and no against have u any knowledge of martial arts, but i wonder if thats what it'll look like.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So true, every Sikh is a Sant-Sipahi (a Saint Soldier) and should be Tyar par Tyar 24/7.

I currently train in Kickboxing, Gatka, and Powerlifting (for Strength and Size, it relly helps with Power when ur fighting) and planning to do some sort of grappling art (Jui Jitsu or Freestyle Wrestling) in the future.

It is important for everyone to know a Weapon utilising art (such as Gatka, Escrima, Kendo etc...) with a Striking Art (Boxing or Kickboxing) and Grappling Art (Jui Jitsu, Judo, AIkido, Aiki-Jitsu, Freestyle Wrestling) as it is absolutely crucial today and Required in the Streets of todays and tommorows world. Ofcorse you could also train in anything else you would like to do to build your preformance up and take it to a next level (for example Powerlifting, Olympic Lifting, General Weight Lifting, Bodybuilding for etc... for Size, Explosive Power and/or Strength). And yeh Shooting as well are also very important and crucial so its a good idea for Singhs to get together and go Hand Guns Target Practising, Airsofting (better than Paintballing anyday lol), Clay Pigeon Shooting etc... theres loads of training you can do which will all help you to become a good Sant Sipahi. Correct me if im wrong...

Guest Papi

its not hard to learn gatka n stuff, but how woule we make our mind a fighter to fight 5 MAHABALI at the same time, every day, every hour, every sec, without getting tired.

i dont mean to insult any1, but sikhs of today r far from wat they where bk in puratan tyms or in the 80's. jus the ova day a young singh i kno got beat up by a little white kid a year younger then himand half his size. he took his wallet of him and watch. the singh was to scared to do anything bk. he called sum older singhs to get it bk for him. this is a way to familiar occurance nowadays. uk sikh community seems to hav lost that warrior spirit. but i must admit things do seem to be getting better. i see all the young singhs i kno hitting the gym, gettin in the ring. hopefully gud signs for the futher.

In Gurbani three types of Fighter come up all together

In JapJi Sahib itself.. 2 times..

gwvih joD mhwbl sUrw gwvih KwxI cwry ]

iqQY joD mhwbl sUr ]

A Joda (joDw) can fight and win over 1 enemy Face to Face

A Mahabali (mhwblI) can fight and win over 2-3 enemies bravely

A Soora (sUrw) can take on 10 enemies and win

Let us all become at least Jodde if not anything else.