Life is Beautiful

naam_jap

aha i agree with bhenjee balwinder :( :wub: not all books or movies or even music are bakwaas.. for instance people like me and bhenjee love playin beethoven and say mozart on the piano.. so are we considered as bad now just because we play music dats aint sikhi?? i teach kids to play piano and is it wrong too?? i dun think soo.. we shouldnt be soo narrow minded ... as how bhenjee put.. we aint any taliban ;) ...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior Princess bhenji,

i totally respect your opinion on movies...but i also totally respectfully disagree....there are many movies that i've seen and then afterwords sat back and just thought about how they relate to sikhi and or how the devotion of one character to another could be a model for what devotion to our beloved lord should be....

which brings me to what you said about love stories = kaaam

this is so NOT true, yes there are many movies and relationships that are about kaam and pretty much nothing else....

but there are also other movies that have love stories in them but have nothing to with kaam..in fact the characters never even hug or kiss.....it's just pure love being portrayed on film...and we can definately learn something from that..... or sometimes a character will be portrayed in a movie that displays honesty, integrity, courage...a movie such as Braveheart.... can you honestly say that watching honesty, integrity, courage being displayed in a movie will not take you toward sikhi...or at least get you to think about it..??..

it's not the movies that's manmat....it's the eyes that we see the movies with that are manmat...the way we react to waht we see what we read...that is manmat...

a gurmukh can see the same thing as a manmukh and while the manmukh is having kaami thoughts the gurmukh will be absorbed in his beloved....

a well known example of this is BulleShah's murshid...his guru used to go to where kanjri's dance and sit there to meditate...it wasn't the kanjris that he was interested in..the music would send him into samadhi and he would close his eyes and be absorbed in the lord for hours on end...now...

i

9;m not trying to propogate questionable activities...i'm just saying that before we make blanket statements that all such and such are manmat...we should take an objective look at what's going on....

i don't want to offend anyone...this is just what i feel and thought i'd share....

vaheguru jee kaa khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

Dear Bhain/ Veer jee's...

I was not going to reply again to this topic. But i have been thinking about the way the sangat has been replying. And i would like to say the following.

- the reason why i sent those posts, is because veer S1ngh jee said that he is going to buy it too although he has seen the movie. So i was thinking about how he will be wasting money to do that. And that he will then be wasting time. Why watch the repeat if you have time to watch another educational one?!

- i did not know the film was mentioned for educational purposes.

- i am saddened to read replies by my brothers and sisters referring to not watching manmatt films as 'talibanistic'. Gaurai have insulted me by saying i am taliban on the streets because of the dastaar i wear. And now my own Sikh brothers and sisters are using the same insult.

- i did 'not' say anyone is bad. I have never in my life called someone bad. If someone is carrying out good or bad actions, i have no place to judge them except Vaheguru jee.

- If someone is sending a gurmat post, us veer and bhainjee's should be supportive of such a thing, and not quoting them as Taliban.

- I will always do what i think is acceptable by Guru Sahib jee only. I do not mind if you want to call me the worse words or amuse at my actions.

- If anyone is serious about their jeevan as per Sikhi, then you will understand that Sikhi is our life.

- by the way, please do not take my post out of proportion by comparing to talking and walking etc. When a Sikh gives Guru jee his head, his/her actions should be the

gurmat way.

But just to argue for the sake of Gurmat/Sikhi, if we think that watching manmatt films is something that Guru Sahib jee would do, then let me know because then i too will consider this and take it on. Please answer this question with a yes or no. And consider your answer very carefully.

It is VERY important that we read as much Gurbanee as we possibly can pyario jee, via SikhiToTheMAX

ps. i will not be replying anymore to this thread.

no no no no.. wp.. u r getting it wrong.. nobody is saying taliban to anyone.. ;)

Very nice post JSS.. and i know many ppls which did good to them by watching some movies.. for example.. Rochak Malang.. Macchis picture kinda made him to enter sikhi etc.. (if im not mistaken)..

Anyway i guess every person is different and i respect that :( (thats what sikhi is)

for instance people like me and bhenjee love playin beethoven and say mozart on the piano..

Playing and you singhnia.. arghhh .. HAVE MERCY on ur parents and brothers/sisters all living under one roof ohmy.gif .. I still remember my sisster playing flute for hours and hours.. and same note again and again.. ohmy.gif .. JK tongue.gif

-endemo-->

Guest balwinderkaur
no no no no.. wp.. u r getting it wrong.. nobody is saying taliban to anyone.. :(

Very nice post JSS.. and i know many ppls which did good to them by watching some movies.. for example.. Rochak Malang.. Macchis picture kinda made him to enter sikhi etc.. (if im not mistaken)..

Anyway i guess every person is different and i respect that :wub: (thats what sikhi is)

for instance people like me and bhenjee love playin beethoven and say mozart on the piano..

Playing and you singhnia.. arghhh .. HAVE MERCY on ur parents and brothers/sisters all living under one roof ohmy.gif .. I still remember my sisster playing flute for hours and hours.. and same note again and again.. ohmy.gif .. JK tongue.gif

vickeeeeyyyy... tongue.gif;) piano aint that bad.... oh on second thoughts it is...i have smacked soooo many fingers just this one year of teaching them how to play...its a wonder how my teachers and family tolerated me during those first few years of learning the piano. tongue.gif