NO POINT TO THE KIRPAN...

Nama Singh

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this forum is FANTASTIC by the way jio - well done to the moderators.

i agree that the Kirpan is a symbol but i dont think its main purpose is to be just a symbol. I believe it is there for the Singh/ni to use to fight against tyranny and opression. I dont believe that there is no need to be trained coz i believe there is. Its like how wud an army defend its country and battle against another army if they havent had training on how to use an AK47 or how to use other weapons. U gotta be prepared is my point. Shaster Vidhiya is shaster = weapons and vidhiya = knowledge and we are Sikhs all our lives which mean we never stop learning and we shud strive for as much knowledge as possible because it might help us later on in life and shaster vidhiya will give u loadsa knowledge about weapons.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

waheguru jio,

Great post! And great questions!

First of all, OUR KIRPAN IS NOT A SYMBOL!

This has arisen many times and singhs have always constently said that dont call our kirpan, our shastr that guru sahib gave us a symbol.

A kirpan was given to us by guru sahib for self defence for us and for others! And only that and not to use at anytimes. We only pull out our siri sahib when ALL ELSE FAILS. When you are in a situation, guru kirpa dis doesnt happen, but when u r and u use all da skills u have well it be da karate u learned in high school, or the playful fights u have wit ur dad, when all else fails and u know u only see death in front of u, only then pull out your siri sahib.

And about the little kirpans, and the big ones, dont matter what the size is .. when guru does his kirpa on u that little 2 inch siri sahib of yours will turn into a very lethal weapon. ONLY IF, you dont start something. You fight against injustice, it is sure your victory.

And about not knowing how to use the siri sahib. What is there to it, say waheguru, he will come 1000 steps to u to assist u, and be rite beside u when u fight the legion. SO there is nothin to be afraid of.

Bul chuk maph jio

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

A kirpan was given to us by guru sahib for self defence for us and for others! And only that and not to use at anytimes. We only pull out our siri sahib when ALL ELSE FAILS. When you are in a situation, guru kirpa dis doesnt happen, but when u r and u use all da skills u have well it be da karate u learned in high school, or the playful fights u have wit ur dad, when all else fails and u know u only see death in front of u, only then pull out your siri sahib.

And about the little kirpans, and the big ones, dont matter what the size is .. when guru does his kirpa on u that little 2 inch siri sahib of yours will turn into a very lethal weapon

^_^ Of course, you are right! ^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest balwinderkaur

yes, personally i think this is why gurujee chose to give us the kirpaan out of many other shasters available.....not because kirpan starts with K tongue.gif .... i think HE gave us kirpaan because its a very practical and compact shaaster which can be carried around easily. furthermore, its lightweight and functional use allows for anyone to use it in times of need......you dont need training to use a kirpaan(although it will be better if you did undergo some form of training...however its not a MUST)....if someone attacks you and you cant fend him/her off with handblows, whip out your kirpaan and slash him/her.