Right To Turban case Follow-up

theturbanator

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't think the French Sikhs actually believe that the Dastar is cultural and not religious. However, at this point they are doing whatever it takes to be able to wear the Dastar, and if it means trying to find a 'loop-hole' in this messed up Kalijug enriched society, then thats what they gotta do.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

ok..forget about their arguement...the whole idea that a dastaar is only cultural and not religious is major disrespect to sikhi. Ofcourse its a religious symbol! It's an integral part of our bana. What do they think our gurus stood up for?? why are they saying its only a cultural thing? Sikhs in the past didn't say anything like "kesh isn't a sikhi thing, its only cultural, so please dont kill me.."

as for it being a loophole, they're going to get even more screwed over because then they won't be able to say it's a religious requirement and most schools/work places dont allow headgear UNLESS its a religious requirement (at least in Canada..)

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree. Just that I really don't like the idea of saying conflict is the answer to everything!! Diplomacy must ALWAYS prevail, especially when we are dealing with a country like France. If you start attacking people like some have suggested in this forum topic, the blood only fuels more blood... and no offence, but the last thing that Sikhs need is a bad rep. like the Muslims have now.

fateh!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!