Our Brothers and Sisters???

GurpreetK

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Sat sri akaal to all of my brothers and sisters. My name is Gurpreet Kaur, i've joined this forum as i've heard i can put my thoughts/opinions forward to all the fellow sikh youths. I am only 14 years of age, and sumthing has been troubling me for a very long time. About a week back i received an e-mail about a new film that is cuming out, called 'larki punjaban'. This film is about a sikh girl who is seperated from her family in the 1947 final cynical act of the collapsing empire. Wen she is seperated she turns to a muslim boy for help and protection, but then falls in love with him, they get married and she converts to islam.

In my eyes, i see this as very wrong. Some of you people hav probably heard about this film and straight away thought it was very wrong, as it is makes us sikhs look very small, which it does. Many people have protested against making this film for obvious reasons. But their is one thing that has really puzzled me. Why did nobody protest wen Gadar was made?? A singh falls in love with a muslim, they get married. For almost every sikh, this was a gr8 film, not becoz he got married to a muslim, just becoz it was gr8. Larki Punjaban is exactly the same thing, but the other way round, so why is every1 getting aggrevated over the making of this film???

I didn't think Gadar was an appropriate film to make, as it is making both sikhs and muslims look very small.

Our guru ji's sed equality is very important, so pls sumbody tell me, weren't sikhs supposed to jump up wen gadar or Shaheed e mohobbat was made? Why only wen it is a sikh girl doin it?

Please don't get me wro

ng, i thought the making of both films is very innappropriate.

Please give me your opinions, on wot you think about this topic, am i right to b thinkin that both films are wrong?

I am very sorry if i have offended anyone in any way by putting this point forward.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh....

Welcome Bhain ji....i think it is great that you have joined this forum... ^_^ ....do not worry about age....a Singh brother who is 11 years old is also member here...and we enjoy what he writes, and i hope u continue writing too....

Now - Lardki Punjaban:

I believe all Singhs are aware of this...and we know the reasons behind the making of such a film.....an back clash to the 'gadar'....i agree that both the films are bad...

I heard that Singhs in England have contacted the producers and had a meeting where it was deceided that all offensive clips would be deleted..i do not know how far Singhs have come...but when i know something else i will post it here......

Anyway, my personal opinion is that we can not stop them making such films....just tell them to delete the parts that might hurt someones feelings...or specific persons, so on....

they have the "RIGHT" to make such a film.....

so we have 2 options:

1. we could have made a similar movie and slap it at their face....like Gadar

2. is to LEARN FROM the movie and understand...and teach our youth THAT ONLY MARRY A SIKH....!!! rite now as i have heard some Islamic Missionaries are working hard to persuade sikh youth...mainly girls to converte to Islam...and that is the hidden agenda behind this film.....SO OH MY SINGHS AND SINGHNEEES...MAKE THEM WRONG....ARE WE soooooooo LOW? LOOK AT OUR HISTORY....see how our elders gave their lives...and band band katwai par d

harm nahi haria...WHY WE? do not we remember Khalsa Raaj, that Guru Gobind Singh has promised us?....just have faith in Waheguru jio and pray that 'Sarbat ka Bhala' and 'Panth Ki Jeet' happens....that is what we need to do....

:nihungsmile:

i don't know muhc about the new move penji but i'll tell u about gadar ik hindoo kahani!

first welcome 2 this great board wahegurooo

gadar, a movie made by the doels, rss agents to drag the sikn name thru the mud. Show them as murders, and show hindooz as nirmal peace lovers. The star is a man who starts out wearing a dhari and pug, and in some places he clean shaves with just a pug, loosing all sikh apeal, and proving he is not sikh. It wuz an attempt to bring a rip within the communitie...jus like punjaban lardki is.....

boy cot that <admin-cut>

WJKK WJKFateh!

Forget what people are doing pyareo!!

We recit everyday:

"Asankh moorakh andh khor, asankh chor haraam khor"

"Asankh amar, kar jahe jor, asankh gal vudh hattya kamaye"

"Asankh paapi paap kar jaye"

There are countless sinners, thugs, killers, fools..

Just don't follow them, they will lure you in and make a fool out of you, concentrate on Gurbani, and follow the word of your Guru. Also remember the words of our father, never give up to anyone, stand up for paap happening in front of you.

Concentrate on yourself O' man!

Daas di, Bhul chuk maaf!

WJKK WJKFateh!

Gurfateh Bhen ji, Welcome to the Forum

Our guru ji's sed equality is very important, so pls sumbody tell me, weren't sikhs supposed to jump up wen gadar or Shaheed e mohobbat was made? Why only wen it is a sikh girl doin it?

You are correct, we shouldn't be Two faced. But reality is the way we are is that when its someone elses sister, WE DON'T CARE. When its ours only then we care.

The sad thing is that Media is a very powerfull tool and so far have been used against SIKHS. That reminds me of a GEET "Patta Patta Singha Da Verri".

Solutions are that We need to become GurSikhs and inspire people (NON SIkhs ) around us to say "This MR singh is a very nice person". When that happens ppl watching these films will know what they are watching about Sikhs is lies, becuase their Mr singh is a nice and gentle person.

wubb.gif Nice post Khalsa ji.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh