Dating Engagments & Marriage

The One

People should also remember Divan Kaura Mal, who was a mona government official who supplied the Khalsa with food and information about enemy movements.

How did the Khalsa react to him? Did they discard him as a mona and turn their back on him? NO.

The actually renamed him Mitta (sweet) Mal in gratitude for his help. So they didn't look down on him because he didn't take amrit, why can't amritdharis do this now?

If amritdhari look down at non amritdhari / monay then it shows their haumai and reasons why they wernt ready for amrit in the first place.

Your point does not relate to marriage tho, it relates to general humanity. Khalsa should remain humble and at the feet of others, doesnt mean they can marry or have personal relations with them.

gurfateh ji

dalsingh101...this topic is not to judge non-amridharis or have any ill feeling towards them...it is a simple query to find out wheather it correct for amritdharis and non-amridharis to be a part of the anand karaj cerimony together as one....

Amritdhari marry Amritdhari

Non Amritdhari marry Non Amritdhari

Simple, as per rehit maryada.

Theres no need for difference, if someone wants to come into Sikhi, then maharaj will sort it but no excuse for marriage between amritdhari and non amritdhari. Learn the significant difference, you cant share anything with your partner if they are not amritdhari so whats the point, you will have no relationship. The purpose of anand karaj is to join to souls together, if the 2 souls are not yet pure with amrit, your defeating that object straight away. you cant share any food, or ne other relation. Theres been loads of posts when one person in a marraige has commited a kureit and people have asked what happens?

Same thing, sorry, its harsh, but sikhi isnt for light hearted, its for the dedicated who love their guru. Thats not to say that those who are not into sikhi dnt love guru ji before accusations are raised. Love your Guru Enuff to sacrifice your life for him, marry him in the amritsanchaar and become one with death.

Read some rehit maryada or go and speak to the panj pyaara.

completely agree with this post...i no so many people in a position where they are not able to keep rehit as well as they wish, simply because they are married to someone that is not amritdhari...

however at the same time i can see exactly where jss's post coming from....there can be a amridhari and a non-amridhari that could be on the same path and so perfect for each other...so why shouldnt they get married??...

thats the reason i agree'd with all info's post as aposed to jss's....because our rehit/dicipline in life is our love and dedication to maharaj else what is the point in having a rehit , what purpose does it serve??...and if marrying someone that is non-amritdhari whilst you are amritdhari is an infringement of your rehit then it is not worth it...as no matter how perfect the person is for you and how happy you will be together...no-one or thing in this life is more important than maharaj...and an amritdhari to marry a non-amritdhrari is to compromise your true dedication to maharaj....

i apologise if this affends anyone, that was not the intent, this for me is the truth in my opinion...

sorry foir mistakes

"however at the same time i can see exactly where jss's post coming from....there can be a amridhari and a non-amridhari that could be on the same path and so perfect for each other...so why shouldnt they get married??..."

Response to this is they cannot be on the same path, One has already given their head, the other hasnt. They might be compatibable but until the other has actually offered their sees to maharaj in the amrit sanchaar, 2 people can not be on the same path or level in sikhi...

(just thought add that in quickly..)

people, we all have our own views, dont try to force your's on other's.

and for those who say that if an amritdhari marries non-amritdhari it'll impact their rehit in a negative way. i got one question for you all, is your rehit perfect at this moment?

its really nice to see a bunch of single people commenting on how a marrige will work rolleyes.gif

having looked at the rehit maryada, i haven't seen it explicitly say anywhere that an amritdhari has to marry an amritdhari...

it has a line about gursikhs should marry their daughters to gursikhs....

it also has a line that singhs should get their wives to take amrit...

i think even these guidelines are subject to interpretation...and it wouldn't be correct to say that an amritdhari marryng a non amritdhari is going against rehit maryada...

as for the point that someone made about not being able to share food or have physical relations...just wanted to say marriage is a lot more than just those to components...it is quite possible for two people to get married and not have any of that until both are amritdhari...again...i have yet to see the exact rehitnama to make a comment on the validity of the statement...

also some of the rehits people like to quote are those that are propounded by a certain jatha or another jatha...in which case, that rehit is totally valid for you in your life but it cannot be used on others who follow a different rehit that is also under the panth...

and Papi veerji, although most of us may be single...i have seen a number of marriages of people..where one partner may be amritdhari and the other not..and they have worked out just fine...even in some cases the other partner taking amrit already not too long after the wedding...so there is definitely a positive aspect to it...