Waxing

Guest Guest

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਿਰਖੁਥੇ ਸੈਤਾਨੀ ਏਨਾ ਗਲ ਨ ਭਾਣੀ ॥

O Nanak, the shaven-headed ones are devils. They are not pleased to hear these words.

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

ਲੁੰਜਿਤ ਮੁੰਜਿਤ ਮੋਨਿ ਜਟਾਧਰ ਅੰਤਿ ਤਊ ਮਰਨਾ ॥੧॥

The Jains with shaven heads, the silent ones, the beggars with matted hair - in the end, they all shall die. ||1||

:D

I also found this :

Kesh is a symbol of devotion to God, reminding Sikhs that they should obey the will of God. At the Amrit Sanchar in 1699, Guru Gobind Singh explained the reason for this:

My Sikh shall not use the razor. For him the use of razor or shaving the chin shall be as sinful as incest. For the Khalsa such a symbol is prescribed so that his Sikhs can classified as pure

So important is Kesh that during the persecution of Sikhs under the Mughal Empire, followers were willing to face death rather than shave or cut their hair to disguise themselves or appease the Khan

muK scy scu dwVIAw scu bolih scu kmwih ]

True are the faces and true are the beards, of those who speak the Truth and live the Truth.

sy dwVIAW scIAw ij gur crnI lgMin@ ] ....muK scy scu dwVIAw scu bolih scu kmwih ]

Those beards are true, which brush the feet of the True Guru... True are the faces and true are the beards, of those who speak the Truth and live the Truth.

You set her up on a Sikhi recovery plan. It starts off by listening to motivation speeches by Gurmukhs in the sadhsangat. Additionally the sadhsangat helps the person read, listen, and understand Gurbani by doing it with her. Furthermore the plan includes the patient to do some selfless service with the sadhsangat. Slowly and very gently the sadhsangat along with Gurbani teaches her, who to depend on when she feels like she is all alone and has to climb a mountain. The time limit for each activity is all set up based on the patient and what the sadhsangat feels like is best for the patient.

The hair on the face is not problem, but lack of understanding on self(atma) worth, which is causing the severe mental and personality incapabilities. Just as girls that want to get chest enhancements. The problem is not a small chest, but the lack of understanding on self worth.

Best part of it all............the plan does not cost a penny.

The hair on the face is not problem, but lack of understanding on self(atma) worth, which is causing the severe mental and personality incapabilities. Just as girls that want to get chest enhancements. The problem is not a small chest, but the lack of understanding on self worth. - Have u ever thought y these problems are existing? Think about it... n come with concrete answer - n one more thing if everyone would have been strong enough to carry on with spiritual things.. then every individual would have been a Sant :D - Every individual have their own state of mind.. I am happy to know there are sikhs existing who r true followers... but at some point differences lies... If u r strong enough to carry on with ur hair u r..n if r nt... den der is no point to having them... Its only will n wish nothiing else dear

The hair on the face is not problem, but lack of understanding on self(atma) worth, which is causing the severe mental and personality incapabilities. Just as girls that want to get chest enhancements. The problem is not a small chest, but the lack of understanding on self worth. - Have u ever thought y these problems are existing? Think about it... n come with concrete answer - n one more thing if everyone would have been strong enough to carry on with spiritual things.. then every individual would have been a Sant :D - Every individual have their own state of mind.. I am happy to know there are sikhs existing who r true followers... but at some point differences lies... If u r strong enough to carry on with ur hair u r..n if r nt... den der is no point to having them... Its only will n wish nothiing else dear

Bhanji, I'll ask you to read my post again. You say I need to relook at why these problems exist. If you believe I don't understand and am in darkness on this issue, then explain why they exist.

Second view you bring up is about being a Sant. I agree not everyone is born a Sant or becomes a Sant after two days. If you look at how i started my post, you will be able to see I am talking about a plan. This plan is called the Sikhi recovery plan. This plan helps a person move closer to be a Gursikh and Gurmukh.

Thirdly, you say every individual has their own state of mind. I agree again, but Sikhi is practiced to move forward in spirituality and leave behind the insecurities and maya that the mind has. Sikhi uplifts a person into living a truthful lifestyle in all aspects. Sikhi teaches how to gain himmat (courage) and have shardha (faith) in Satguru. The scenario that was presented by luckysingh did not mention once thing whether the girl tried to go before the Guru and ask for help. The girl is only helped with medicine and removing the hair. We say we are Sikhs and our Guru is Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. On top of this we say our Guru is whole and trust in Satguru by taking Hukamnama for guidance. In the scenario the girl needs guidance and needs help. Do you believe that Guru Sahib can't help her in this issue? What kind of Sikhs are we, when we don't even go to our Guru for guidance and help? Before claiming that Guru Sahib can't help such a person, should we not ask Guru Sahib if he can help us? Wouldn't this be the respectful thing to do? After all we do call Satguru as our Guru.

Bhanji, I'll ask you to read my post again. You say I need to relook at why these problems exist. If you believe I don't understand and am in darkness on this issue, then explain why they exist.

Second view you bring up is about being a Sant. I agree not everyone is born a Sant or becomes a Sant after two days. If you look at how i started my post, you will be able to see I am talking about a plan. This plan is called the Sikhi recovery plan. This plan helps a person move closer to be a Gursikh and Gurmukh.

Thirdly, you say every individual has their own state of mind. I agree again, but Sikhi is practiced to move forward in spirituality and leave behind the insecurities and maya that the mind has. Sikhi uplifts a person into living a truthful lifestyle in all aspects. Sikhi teaches how to gain himmat (courage) and have shardha (faith) in Satguru. The scenario that was presented by luckysingh did not mention once thing whether the girl tried to go before the Guru and ask for help. The girl is only helped with medicine and removing the hair. We say we are Sikhs and our Guru is Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. On top of this we say our Guru is whole and trust in Satguru by taking Hukamnama for guidance. In the scenario the girl needs guidance and needs help. Do you believe that Guru Sahib can't help her in this issue? What kind of Sikhs are we, when we don't even go to our Guru for guidance and help? Before claiming that Guru Sahib can't help such a person, should we not ask Guru Sahib if he can help us? Wouldn't this be the respectful thing to do? After all we do call Satguru as our Guru.

Ur reply has so much politeness that i feel guilty to even say anything else ur words are correct... I apologize if i have said whole lot of wrong... In the process of making other girls understand things... u all made me understand few things which was actually making me reatless.... would like to stop discussion on this thing here....

But last thing would like to say - to the rly to that girl's post to have waxing- i have mentioned one thing- I said before doing anything first do sukhmani sahib g da path ardas n then ask from within what u want - If then also that girl dnt want to keep hair... she should not..... here neither the will of God is nor the girls wants to be.. :) Ur instinct should decide what u want rather then others...

Bhul Chuk maaf... i neva want to hurt a true sikh's feeling coz i myself is in need to be with them to be with gurus but some facts cnt be underestimated....

N I LUV MY SIKHS ALOT :D

But last thing would like to say - to the rly to that girl's post to have waxing- i have mentioned one thing- I said before doing anything first do sukhmani sahib g da path ardas n then ask from within what u want - If then also that girl dnt want to keep hair... she should not..... here neither the will of God is nor the girls wants to be.. :) Ur instinct should decide what u want rather then others...

Do you really think after doing one Sukhmani Sahib da paat and ardas a person can understand what Guru Sahib wants from them? We do nitnem everday to understand exactly what Guru Sahib wants from us, but you are saying after just one read and ardas! Also after one paat and ardas a person's concsiousness does not get cleaned and they are not able to see life as a Gursikh. The whole idea of Sikhi is to clean the within of a person. I don't think after one read and ardas a person can become clean from sukh (happiness) and dukh (pain). And if a person does become clean after one read and ardas, then they will follow the Hukam of Satguru as other posters have said. The person will not wax as there will be no desire to do such things as the mind will be washed with Gurbani.

Also after doing the one read and ardas, would it not be better to take a Hukamnama? No one has a clear concsious after one read, the mind is still coloured in fith. Satguru says in Japji Sahib only by repeating Naam can the mind be washed clean. It takes many times to clean the mind as we have coloured the mind so dark with filth.

Everything is under the will of Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. A child being murdered by a mother is under Maharaj's hukam. Nothing is outside, but as you know the killing of a child is a wrong act. Doer and creator is Maharaj himself and no one else. In this universe Dharma (Sikhi) was told to the us to take the Gurmat action and practice it. While leaving the manmat action out of our life. There is no right and wrong, there is no good and bad. There is only Gurmat and manmat. The difference between these two is that Gurmat, is when a person does something in the accordance of Satguru. Manmat is when a person does something based on their own intellect (mind) or as you put it, ask from within. Surely Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is within as he is outside, but only by the grace of Satguru can a person open this within shakti and see truly what it is saying to you.