Sikhism Failing - Will There Be A Future For Sikhi

G.I JATT

I just want to know the sangats views on sikhism for the future, the youths these days either blame the gurdwara's or parents for lack of knowledge.

Me personally i would say i have had more support from my parents, but with my own time i learnt more about my sikhi through the internet and talking to people. Honestly i would say ive never learnt much from a gurdwara, apart from when someones doing katha.

Ive also seen quite a few young gursikhs out there now than before, is this beacause what happend in 1984. is it when a religions attacked thats when it grows.

Alot of sikhs out there only now sikhi as name, who is it up to to preach.

I also personally thing that our parents know more about culture and religion, as alot of of them are from punjab. But us being the future sikhs not knowing much as we alll come from Uk, USA, Canada or werever where will sikhi lead too.

Muslims at a stage when they did come over made schools, is it too late for sikhs too now beacuse the punjabi culture in the uk aint got much longer to go. so will the youth be willing to learn. As most the populations already adopted the western culture.

I just want to know the sangats views on sikhism for the future, the youths these days either blame the gurdwara's or parents for lack of knowledge.

Me personally i would say i have had more support from my parents, but with my own time i learnt more about my sikhi through the internet and talking to people. Honestly i would say ive never learnt much from a gurdwara, apart from when someones doing katha.

Ive also seen quite a few young gursikhs out there now than before, is this beacause what happend in 1984. is it when a religions attacked thats when it grows.

I also personally thing that our parents know more about culture and religion, as alot of of them are from punjab. But us being the future sikhs not knowing much as we alll come from Uk, USA, Canada or werever where will sikhi lead too.

Muslims at a stage when they did come over made schools, is it too late for sikhs too now beacuse the punjabi culture in the uk aint got much longer to go. so will the youth be willing to learn. As most the populations already adopted the western culture.

Fateh Jio,

The primary source of any (good or bad) education is "Parents". No one born with knowledge and giyaan, we all have to learn it here. A child is like a clay and education is like those two hands that give shape to the clay.

The only way to educate our generationis to educate our self first.

Fateh Jio

You want to tell them to be a Sikh like you? Preaching usually only aggravates Panjabis.

Maybe your lucky but most of the older lot I've met know even less than the youth. They can't think beyond caste and because they are largely uneducated - chat a load of hypocritical tatti.

You want to tell them to be a Sikh like you? Preaching usually only aggravates Panjabis.

Maybe your lucky but most of the older lot I've met know even less than the youth. They can't think beyond caste and because they are largely uneducated - chat a load of hypocritical tatti.

"chat a load of hypocritical tatti"............lol

What a silly thread! Our Guru is ETERNAL and here for life and no matter what anyone does or tries... they will never get rid of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Jee! So Sikhi is forever. People may convert. People may give up their Amrit. People may make deras and try and start up new fractions. But Sikhi shall never die and there will always be a future for it. I think, in terms of numbers, it doesnt matter as much. A True Gursikh is "savaa lakh" on His or Her own so allow the "quantity" and focus on the quality.

alot of u will spend time worrying about the future of sikhi, we should try to leave it to the guru, and have a little more faith in him. and we should ask for sarbat da bhalla in our ardas and worry more about our own life.

sikhi will florish and siks will live in chardi kala, but will we be one of them sikhs is how much we sort out life out, not the colective sikhs lives. not aiming at anyone, but i am sick of hearing people talk about the future and the negative things and how there are so many problems, im not saying they are wrong, but, we should understand that we are not here to stay, this life is like a day on earth compared to the journey most of us have made.

the guru has told us that 960 million we shall be and that the khalsa will hve raaj, so what is all the huff puff about............................?

we cant judge ppl, some places the older people are right and their knowledge is very good and they keeprehit and inspire young ppl,.in other places young british born (american or canadian etc) have learnt via internet, katha, sangat, gurudwara, kirtan, etc etc and their knowledge has far excelled the older generations, some are good some are bad, we cant put a tag on the problem, each person is different , god made each person with his or her identity, our lives cannot be put into groups..............

bhul chuk marf,

if im wrong then im sorry

Guest Dancing Warrior

Do “us” Sikhs have a monopoly on Guru and his Sikhi? grin.gif

What is a Sikh? grin.gif Can a Sikh be defined? grin.gif Who is a Sikh? grin.gif Can Sikhi be defined?

My personal opinion people have made Sikhi just another religion and a moral code, boring and plastic, people don’t realise there is a difference between morality and spirituality.