I Don't Want To Merge With Waheguru?

B4ND4

Bhai Gurdas Jee tells us that Guru is willling to meet anyone who wants to meet him.

Charan Sharan Gur Ek Paenda Jaaey Chal, Satgur Kot Painda Aagay Hoey Layt Hai.

You've identified the three "golden rules" that Guru Nanak Dev Ji set out. however those rules are not the be all end all, nor do they tarnish, contradict or demean any of the other concepts of sikhi.

We TRY to do keerat karni, we TRY to vand ke chhak, we TRY to jap naam. We're confusing our Efforts "jatan" with actual kamayee.... when you TRY to cross the street, you may fall on your face halfway there, you can not then CLAIM that you crossed the street simply because you tried to.

We jap naam, but do we really experience it? We're trying to experience it, and that's our bhuleykha... we try to do it, therefore we have assumed that we have done it...

So, my point is to say... how do you know that you're not already in the process of merging with God? do you have a tried/tested/true formula for "trying" to merge with God?

Perhaps it is something that just happens on its own, as you do naam, as you do seva, as you share with others and live an honest life? Maybe you have no control over it. Maybe by partaking in Naam Japna, Keerat Karni, Vand Ke Chhakna, you are in fact creating your highway to God that you are travelling uncosciously, and one day will reach the end of the highway without evne knowing you ever got on that highway to begin with.

Or I'm jus talkin mush!

actually the answer to your question "shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual" is both yes and no

no....

Naam japna is about expressing your love for your Husband Lord.. whether you get Him or not is within GurKirpa.. without His Mercy you can't.

Doing Shukrana of What Akaal Purakh has bestowed,

Counting our blessings,

And living in Bhana of Akaal Purakh

are ALL just side effects to Loving Akaal Purakh in the 1st Place!

When you do Naam japna, psychologically you're putting Akaal Purakh at a higher position than yourself - You accept that Akaal is higher than you.. So how can Naam Japping be a self-centred act?

haumY dIrG rogu hY dwrU BI iesu mwih ]

houmai dheeragh rog hai dhaaroo bhee eis maahi ||

Ego is a chronic disease, but it contains its own cure as well.

In this tuk.. Guru Ji poiints out that while it is a chronic disease, ego also displays its symptoms via: Kaam Krodh Lobh Moh Hankaar for us to recognise. Until we recognise these symptoms we cannot cure it. THis is how Ego is both a disease and a cure.

Eg: Bacterial infection is a disease.. but it can be naturally cured by a fever ie: temperature, runny nose.

Guest Narinder Singh

I agree with B4ND4,

Sikhi isnt about getting anything, its about learning how to live under Wahegurus hukam, and yes that means possibily not merging with waheguru.

It's like the love one has for their significant other. Sure there might be times when you cant be with that person, and there's a chance you'll never ever get to be with that person, that doesnt mean you'll stop loving them, or stop doing things out of love for them. At times, people are treated like crap by their significant other, yet they still love them, its unconditional.

Why try to get anything when we already have everything we need (waheguru) with us?

Fateh.

Tenets of Sikhi

1. Nam Japna

2. Kirat Karni

3. Vand Shakna

I solely believe in the teachings of SGGS and i do believe WAHEGURU is there but i am unable to get around the "merging with god" part. I mean doesn't that make us self-centered. We are on this earth(in human form) to do the above mentioned things. I totally understand the "kirat karni" and "vand shakna". What confuses me is "nam japna", shoudln't nam japna be living in bhayai of akal purakh, shouldn't it be done as shukrana for what akal purakh has bestowed upon us, counting our blessing, living in the bhana of waheguru. But instead we do naam jap to merge with waheguru..isn't that an attribute of a selfcentered individual and in doing so are we just strengthening the wall between us and humility??

me confused..please express your thoughts

you are right you are confused. nam japna isnt done for one thing, im sure sangat on here will help you, best thing isto search for an answer from gursikhs they will help you

when we "jap" "naam", think of the naam u r japping.............if its waheguru then think about the reasons why u japping for me its a personal thing..........we al jap name for our own reasons............some of them can be selfish...............when we want things, people, etc.............sometime we jaap name to find "peace" but its important to remember sometimes we call out to waheguru bcos we need to "belong"

i believe the need to find God only arises when we realise we not getting the sukh from life, family, friends, etc etc so we look to God for the answers and the process of japping naam is to listen and understand the shabds we japping and what it means and what its tring to tell us............the wonders of japping name is that one shabd can have a thousand meanings and we extract from that, the thing that gives us peace and comfort...........and only waheguru can give us that..........

bhul chuck maafi

Guest Akirtghan
why do we eat?

To fill our bellies :umm: .

our mind is kinda like a belly too, its the spiritual belly. if kept empty for too long our spirit weakens or worse....