Religious Symbols

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6229098.stm

why is it that eveytime someone from another religion mouths off about wearing a religious symbol sikhs are also dragged into the middle of it.

and it really p!sses me off that they call the Kara a piece of jewellery when it clearly isnt.

More should be done to educated everybody why we have the 5 K's.............even some of our own sikhs!!!!!!!!!!!

ok................yea but on tv in debates they call the kara a piece of jewelley so it just gets ma a bit mad...............but yea a ring isnt part of the christian faith but a kara is part of our faith and is a religious symbol and i dont think the two should be compared.

ok................yea but on tv in debates they call the kara a piece of jewelley so it just gets ma a bit mad...............but yea a ring isnt part of the christian faith but a kara is part of our faith and is a religious symbol and i dont think the two should be compared.

The problem is most of us wear the kara as an item of jewellary. It has been mistakenly adopted as an "essential" artilce to worn by people who wish to categorise themselves as Sikh, but without the rest of the Kakaars, rehat and nitnem, in my view the kara is just a bangle.

Yeh i saw dis before. I think u need to calm down. They aint dragging sikhs into it. just raising a valid point which i think is fair. We should support the cause for this girl.

The girl doesnt have a valid case. There is no symbol in christianity which needs to be worn for a religious purpose. There religion states to take communion or a blessing from the priest in the church. They do not need to wear items for religious reasons.

Sikhs wear the Kara for its meaning and purpose, also a gift from Maharaj. a ring is another way of wearing jewelry in school hence the fuss is being made. Wen i was at school, i went to a church of england one.. Alot of goray argued to wear the cross (which they were alowed being the nature of the school) purely so they cud wear a chain. They wernt actually interested in the cross, jus the chain.

The girl is just using "sikh symbols" as her reason to wear her ring. If she is so desperate to wear, put on a chain or string and wear round her neck.

Yeh i saw dis before. I think u need to calm down. They aint dragging sikhs into it. just raising a valid point which i think is fair. We should support the cause for this girl.

The girl doesnt have a valid case. There is no symbol in christianity which needs to be worn for a religious purpose. There religion states to take communion or a blessing from the priest in the church. They do not need to wear items for religious reasons.

Sikhs wear the Kara for its meaning and purpose, also a gift from Maharaj. a ring is another way of wearing jewelry in school hence the fuss is being made. Wen i was at school, i went to a church of england one.. Alot of goray argued to wear the cross (which they were alowed being the nature of the school) purely so they cud wear a chain. They wernt actually interested in the cross, jus the chain.

The girl is just using "sikh symbols" as her reason to wear her ring. If she is so desperate to wear, put on a chain or string and wear round her neck.

If she wins, then i guess you're theory that she doesnt have a case will be thrown out the window. I applaud her for standing up for something she believes so passionately in, if she truly does. Shes not hurting, or harming anyone. Some people carry special memorable items with them all the time if it is to remember someone who has passed away or someone who was truly precious in their life and i dont think its anyone elses right to dictate to us what we can and cant wear ESPECIALLY if it is not offending nor harming anyone else.

Forgive me