Sikh Regiment Dumped Over 'racism' Fears

proactive

Punjabi Link.. i like some of your posts but i see this reply of urs very racist....

Majority of our forefathers do not just blindly support someone in our known history.. Our forefathers had Ankh, sardari and most important loyalty. Sikh joined British army during mutiny era (1850's) because our forefathers saw julam against British families from gujrat to Bombay (butchring). Then Sikhs went against them because of julam against innocent punjabis/indians (Gadar, Azad Hind force, Morchay, bhai randhir singh jee's kurbani and so on)... To sum it up our forefathers didn't helped them because they were goray in Skin or british.. they always go for what they believe is TRUTH in their eyes. Rest is upto this world whether they give them their hard earned credit or not.. They came to this world and did great deed and lived their life according to sikh asoool.. May God Bless them !!

Fair enough.

But do you honestly believe that today's British army is fighting for the truth? Be honest here.

Being Soldier is very tough job.. One has to follow orders from top without any question. So yes, if a true sikh who is really true will only serve whom he see the top level as the real pro humanitarian etc.. I don't know about British but i can speak of my country that Pentagon is not fighting for the truth (as i see).

That must be the most naive post I've read on this site.

Lol whats naive about it? care to explain..

Guest Dancing Warrior
Punjabi Link.. i like some of your posts but i see this reply of urs very racist....

Majority of our forefathers do not just blindly support someone in our known history.. Our forefathers had Ankh, sardari and most important loyalty. Sikh joined British army during mutiny era (1850's) because our forefathers saw julam against British families from gujrat to Bombay (butchring). Then Sikhs went against them because of julam against innocent punjabis/indians (Gadar, Azad Hind force, Morchay, bhai randhir singh jee's kurbani and so on)... To sum it up our forefathers didn't helped them because they were goray in Skin or british.. they always go for what they believe is TRUTH in their eyes. Rest is upto this world whether they give them their hard earned credit or not.. They came to this world and did great deed and lived their life according to sikh asoool.. May God Bless them !!

Fair enough.

But do you honestly believe that today's British army is fighting for the truth? Be honest here.

Being Soldier is very tough job.. One has to follow orders from top without any question. So yes, if a true sikh who is really true will only serve whom he see the top level as the real pro humanitarian etc.. I don't know about British but i can speak of my country that Pentagon is not fighting for the truth (as i see).

Lol whats naive about it? care to explain..

I think it had more to do with the fact that they were rewarded and paid handsomely in the beginning . On another note, the men who fought for the British who are still alive are still fighting for an equal pension and recognition as their English counterparts amazingly the Sikhs/Indians who supported the Japanese were given full pension benefits despite the fact that they lost the war!

Can you please tell me the highest rank of an Indian officer during the war? How many ever despite their courage and bravery were ever promoted above NCOs, discrimination was rampant within the British Army. Indians were used as cannon fodder but with their gallant bravery they enchanted their Frangi officers. , The VC’s were only awarded to Indian troops after fierce protest of the commanding officers who fought alongside Sikh Indian troops.

Both my Grandfathers served in the British Army in Italy and France.

On my last visit to india, i met several war veterans.. one of the sikh veteran i met served in British army and him and his friends revolted against their rule of Helmets and they were punished in a very brutal way (they were left in jungles to fight off with Japanese).. his singh and his friends were captured by Japan and went thru many jails.. They later formed Azad Hind Force and served under Subash Chander Bose. He went thru many brutal battles in jungles of Burma and so on.. They were captured on their return to India.. Stripped off their ranks and were taken to court.. Gandhi and other leaders gave blank face to them and didn't helped them at all.. ON their own and with small outside help.. they were released without any credits given to them.. No pensions, no medals.. Nothing.. Most of the Azad hind force (against british) soldiers went thru that.. This singh who fought in world war II started getting pension in around 1983 after Indra Ghandi gave a green light but they really fought hard to get the pensions. So it wasn't easy for them.. I remember he mentioned to his superiors during their group revolt against british.. "16 ruppaey teh assey apna jaan veech dittey but assey dharam nahey vechna kaday veey." We sold our life for Rs16 a month but we will never compromise on our religion and its identity." (On issue of wearing hard helmet.)

• 14 years later...
On 6/24/2007 at 6:47 AM, proactive said:

Sikh regiment dumped over 'racism' fears

By Sean Rayment, Sunday Telegraph

Last Updated: 12:35am BST 24/06/2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...24/nsikh124.xml

History of Sikh gallantry

Last Updated: 12:35am BST 24/06/2007

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...24/nsikh224.xml

I've read the original article here https://www.worldaffairsboard.com/forum/international-defense-geopolitics-discussion/europe-and-russia/20809-sikh-regiment-dumped-over-racism-fears

@dallysingh101 do you think the Army were worried about training Sikhs who could then go against them ? Was there any Indian Govt influence back then ?

On 6/25/2007 at 8:18 AM, dalsingh101 said:

@dallysingh101 lol

On 6/25/2007 at 7:09 AM, S1ngh said:

I know for example that many Mahapurkh from Bhai Daya Singh Ji Samparda were in Fouj. But @dallysingh101was ahead of most even many years ago.

The part about "Sikh joined British army during mutiny era (1850's) because our forefathers saw julam against British families from gujrat to Bombay (butchring)."      This is news to me. Can anyone confirm ?

On 6/27/2007 at 12:00 AM, S1ngh said:

On my last visit to india, i met several war veterans.. one of the sikh veteran i met served in British army and him and his friends revolted against their rule of Helmets and they were punished in a very brutal way (they were left in jungles to fight off with Japanese).. his singh and his friends were captured by Japan and went thru many jails.. They later formed Azad Hind Force and served under Subash Chander Bose. He went thru many brutal battles in jungles of Burma and so on.. They were captured on their return to India.. Stripped off their ranks and were taken to court.. Gandhi and other leaders gave blank face to them and didn't helped them at all.. ON their own and with small outside help.. they were released without any credits given to them.. No pensions, no medals.. Nothing.. Most of the Azad hind force (against british) soldiers went thru that.. This singh who fought in world war II started getting pension in around 1983 after Indra Ghandi gave a green light but they really fought hard to get the pensions. So it wasn't easy for them.. I remember he mentioned to his superiors during their group revolt against british.. "16 ruppaey teh assey apna jaan veech dittey but assey dharam nahey vechna kaday veey." We sold our life for Rs16 a month but we will never compromise on our religion and its identity." (On issue of wearing hard helmet.)

So, the British just treated Sikhs badly . 

3 hours ago, Premi5 said:

do you think the Army were worried about training Sikhs who could then go against them ? Was there any Indian Govt influence back then ?

I was at an event in the Imperial War Museum over twenty years ago. There were lots of brit army types there. Highranking  and midranking too. Apnay were pushing for a Sikh regiment back then. The goray gave bull5hit excuses as to why not (don't ask me to repeat them here). 

They have always tried to micro control us. They aren't that stupid that they don't know that a modern Sikh regiment could go against their wishes and agendas, and swing things against them. Thankfully it looks like we aren't the docile, childishly loyal chumchay some of our ancestors may have been. (Or goray plain don't trust us to behave docilely like they did previously?)

Look at how these lot left us to mass rape and murder at partition. You know they never even bothered to give the Sikh sepoys pensions for their services after WW2 - that's how much 'respect' they had for them. 

Fight for these f**kers in morally dubious wars, and you're their hero - fight for your own people's sovereignty or against grooming gangs raping and abusing your womenfolk and even female children - and you're a terrorist or extremist.......

Look at where we are now in europe, with Russia poised on Ukraine's border. Is it any of our business? Previously we'd have hordes of broke jut pendus jumping in - but now, we may get to see these lot f**king each over. Don't help, and buss out the popcorn.   Sikhs fight for Sikh causes. 

NO MORE SEPOYS! 

I know for example that many Mahapurkh from Bhai Daya Singh Ji Samparda were in Fouj. But @dallysingh101was ahead of most even many years ago. 

Look at Sant Ishar Singh ji. They were in the fauj for a short while, but prioritised their bhagti, even sneaking in simran when they should have been on duty. In the end (my family told me), they threw their angreez issued rifle in a river, and dedicated their lives to Sikhi parchaar.   

Dhan Dhan Sant Ishar Singh ji Maharaj!