eating with people

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Tobacco users

People who smoke or use any form of tobacco (or drugs) are not to be associated with.

--------------------------------------------------------

d) Eating from a person who has no moral discipline. Anyone who commits any of these has committed thousands of sins and this egotistical individual will be reprimanded thousands of times."

(SGGSJ Ang 1413)

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. Those that cut some of their hair from their head

5. Those who completely shave all their hair from their face and head

Although all of the above make sense, how do we actually follow this in reality??

I come accross smokers at work all the time, most of my colleagues smoke. All cut their hair as do many of my close relatives. Should a GurSikh cut themselves off from these people altogether because in reality these people probably make up 95% of the world population. There's no escaping people in these categories, unless we are fortunate to live and work in a complete Khalsa environment.

Just always wondered this when reading various Rehatnamas.

Although all of the above make sense, how do we actually follow this in reality??

I come accross smokers at work all the time, most of my colleagues smoke. All cut their hair as do many of my close relatives. Should a GurSikh cut themselves off from these people altogether because in reality these people probably make up 95% of the world population. There's no escaping people in these categories, unless we are fortunate to live and work in a complete Khalsa environment.

Just always wondered this when reading various Rehatnamas.

I agree with you.. I m start a new thread in the general section topic related to this one...