Loww In Sikhi Aka Amritvela

Guest gupptttt!!

Guest gupptttt!!

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh sangat ji

im lacking in my sikhi as in my amritvela... its DEAD!! has been for ages i doing my head in

i get dreamsof me dying sometimes... but why isnt it hitting me?

I NEED ADVICEE SANGAT JI ... PLZ:'(

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

its hard to wake up for amrit vela but make sure you do you paat after you wake up in the morning after your ishnaan even if its late just eat after your done your paat. Do the full 7 banis a day. Make sure you do rakhia de shabad and kirtan sohila before going to sleep. (then you wont get bad dreams)

Guest Akirtghan
There is simple answer to this

just don't go to sleep at night just have a small 3 hour nap at around 7 after rehraas and sohila sahib

and then you will deffently be awake for amritvilla

i woudln't recommend that actually. your body needs rest. you can sleep at school, some people have work and they can't take naps whenever they feel sleepy. and needless to say, taking small naps here and there are going to harm your body.

those stories we hear of singhs sleeping only 2 or 3 hours are of VERY VERY chardikala singhs who have TONS of kamai. STOP TRYING TO IMITATE THEM cause frankly we can't.

there are different kinds of amritvela's. the first and foremost is in the early hours of the morning, gurumuks say that its from 1 am to 4 am. the 2nd type of amrtivela is when we sit in sangat and try to listen to guru shabad. the 3rd type of amrtivela is anytime when we try to remember waheguru ji.

wahegru simply hasn't written amritvela in some people's karm, so they can try all they want, they won't be able to wake up. the only way is to do ardaas with love and devotion to guru sahib to bless you with the opportunity of waking up early and singing waheguru's praises.

may guru sahib help both you and me my friend

there are different kinds of amritvela's. the first and foremost is in the early hours of the morning, gurumuks say that its from 1 am to 4 am. the 2nd type of amrtivela is when we sit in sangat and try to listen to guru shabad. the 3rd type of amrtivela is anytime when we try to remember waheguru ji.

One of the most important features of an Amritdhari Gursikh's lifestyle is amritvelaa. Without it, you are failing your commitment to Guru Sahib. There's no excuse or replacement for amritvelaa in the early hours of the morning. Doing sangat of Gursikhs and reciting naam and baani at other times is important as well, but nothing compares to the importance of amritvelaa.

Amritvelaa is definitely difficult, but you have to fight for it. It doesn't come easily for most people. Yes, our bodies need rest, but amritvelaa will never have a negative effect on us.

To the original poster, try going to bed earlier in the night (7-8pm), get a full 6-8 hours of sleep, then try waking up at amritvelaa. Force yourself...set your alarm up far away from your bed so you have to get out of bed to turn it off. Do ardaas daily for amritvelaa because without Guru's kirpaa, it ain't gonna happen. After amritvelaa, if you don't go back to sleep, you'll automatically be sleepy by 7-8pm and this can help set up your body's amritvelaa schedule as you'll sleep earlier and wake up earlier too. Try different things, but you really have to TRY.

Guest Guest

waheguru ji

i do my baniya ... im fine with them guru jis kirpa... im on top of all my baniya extra baniya etc! eveything is fine

EXCEPT MY AMRITVELA! .. that means nothing is then :umm:!

thanks for your advice, i will do ardas to mahraj ji and sleep earlier, i cant sleep at 7- 8 too early , have other things to do , and at gurdwara sahib. A lot of times people compenstae for their sleep by slepping mega early , but thats like wasting youre life still

but yes amritvela is a must, mahraj kirpa kareh!

thankyou sangat ji

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Most people i have known and had discussions with those who have mentioned how difficult it is in this country. But its down to us, when we have pyar for our Guru, we'll do nething. Like go to sleep early. Its easily a want to have late night smagams and other sangat time but make a good routine and stick by it. Routines help us in many ways all thru life.

Try and go to gurdwara if its near by for amritvela. I usualluy find it difficult to sit at home and do banis, so going there. After a good hour simran wth sangat then going to read banis, Pure bliss. :wubc:

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

There is simple answer to this

just don't go to sleep at night just have a small 3 hour nap at around 7 after rehraas and sohila sahib

and then you will deffently be awake for amritvilla

i woudln't recommend that actually. your body needs rest. you can sleep at school, some people have work and they can't take naps whenever they feel sleepy. and needless to say, taking small naps here and there are going to harm your body.

those stories we hear of singhs sleeping only 2 or 3 hours are of VERY VERY chardikala singhs who have TONS of kamai. STOP TRYING TO IMITATE THEM cause frankly we can't.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Some Normal People don't sleep much ether

some people don't like sleeping

Just do ardaas with all the love you have and ask guru ji to wake you up

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa! Vaheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

I'm sorry, but aren't there like 100 threads exactly like this one?