Sign in to follow this  
TuhiNirankar

Amritdharees Marrying Non Amritdharees

I read in Gurmat Rehat Maryada that " If a married person takes Amrit by themselves and their spouse is not Amritdharee, then he/she can not have a physical relationship with them unless they too become Amritdharee"

I thought this made sense so when i told someone whos going to take amrit soon there like thats right but what about so and so they just got married and hes amritdharee and shes not. The only answer i have is it's Kaljug. Sangat ji what are your views on this.

Guest Akirtghan
"you shouldnt so bad"

"but so and so does bad"

Thats the logic your friend is using. Why use someone else's example/mistake to justify yourself huna?

straight to the point. :TH:

you want to go up and fly in the sky, you look up at the birds flying in the sky, you dont look down on the ground n see ants crawling.

gurmat will remian gurmat,even if only a few follow it, they will get the blessings of akaal purakh. . . you may have the whole of the world following someone, or sumthing else however, numbers dont matter, some sikhs may wear bana read bani and do abhiyaas simran, however if they have shanka and question our guru, they wont get many of his blessings.

what if one is amrithari and teh other isnt shudnt the amrithari try encourage that person into sikhi? if the non-amrithari person is a decent human being and wishes to take amrit in the future but wants to adopt the lifestyle before becoming amrithari.............is it still wrong to get married before both r amrithari?

forgive me im a murakh and if i offend the plz bhul chuck maaf carnah.........

what if one is amrithari and teh other isnt shudnt the amrithari try encourage that person into sikhi? if the non-amrithari person is a decent human being and wishes to take amrit in the future but wants to adopt the lifestyle before becoming amrithari.............is it still wrong to get married before both r amrithari?

your suppose to encourage your spouse to take amrit with you. Say 2 people are married and both are not amritdharee, if one wants to take amrit and goes to the amrit sanchar by himself/herself they punj piarey with give him/her amrit one condition that they will not keep a physical relationship with their partner until they too become amritdharee. The choice is yours it comes down to what rehat maryada you go by strict or whatever.

I think its a great thing if 2 people get married then they get amrit together the key is to get amrit together or alreayd be amritdharee be4 marriage.

bul chuk maaf carni(sor y if iv offended you or made any mistakes in the above statement)

your suppose to encourage your spouse to take amrit with you. Say 2 people are married and both are not amritdharee, if one wants to take amrit and goes to the amrit sanchar by himself/herself they punj piarey with give him/her amrit one condition that they will not keep a physical relationship with their partner until they too become amritdharee. The choice is yours it comes down to what rehat maryada you go by strict or whatever.

I think its a great thing if 2 people get married then they get amrit together the key is to get amrit together or alreayd be amritdharee be4 marriage.

bul chuk maaf carni(sor y if iv offended you or made any mistakes in the above statement)

I agree it is best your both amritdharis but i fink beta ur amritdhari b4 getin married as wen u gt married u becom married to maharaji as well da marriage will b more of a significance if ur already amritdhari!! well dats my opinion.

sorry if i offended ny1 :TH:

vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ki fateh

Guest Akirtghan

are you suggesting that non-amritdhari's can't get maried in hajoori of guru sahib? grin.gif

^ naa

and as u can see it is a about amritadi marrying non amritdari

im talkin about those that have one partner amritdari and the other aint

and alsso 4 those that wanna take who have never taken amrit shud take it b4 they get married

just giving info dont wanna argue or anything like that read it and forget it dont post ur views and questions ...

the mareyada followed at nihung dals sachkhand sri hazoor sahib and takth sri patna sahib regarding amritsanchar is that bibis are given amrit of kard reading japji sahib and 5 pauriyan of anand sahib ... and they are given khande da paul at later age ... why

when u take amrit both men and women become guru bhai and guru bhen ... that what punj peyare say from now you are brothers and sisters ... if both are amritdhari then form brother and sister relation then how come they make babies ???? whats defination of incest ???

till a women is in physical relation with her amritdhari husband she is not allowed to take khande di paul once both husband and wife decided not to have any more physical relation women should take khande di paul ...

thats the puratan mareyada which was followed at akal takth sahib which was changed in 1920s by scholars of SGPC ....

just giving info dont wanna argue or anything like that read it and forget it dont post ur views and questions ...

the mareyada followed at nihung dals sachkhand sri hazoor sahib and takth sri patna sahib regarding amritsanchar is that bibis are given amrit of kard reading japji sahib and 5 pauriyan of anand sahib ... and they are given khande da paul at later age ... why

when u take amrit both men and women become guru bhai and guru bhen ... that what punj peyare say from now you are brothers and sisters ... if both are amritdhari then form brother and sister relation then how come they make babies ???? whats defination of incest ???

till a women is in physical relation with her amritdhari husband she is not allowed to take khande di paul once both husband and wife decided not to have any more physical relation women should take khande di paul ...

thats the puratan mareyada which was followed at akal takth sahib which was changed in 1920s by scholars of SGPC ....

wats khande di paul ?

This is ridiculous. Sources much older than 1932 Rehat Maryada clearly state that only Amritdharis should get married. Kirpan Amrit is not valid. After taking Amrit, Sikhs are taught to respect women other than your spouse as your own sister, mother and daughter. Irrespective of woman's religion she must be respected the say way we would respect our own sisters i.e. never look at them lustfully. Joining the Khalsa Panth unites the humanity and breaks the barriers of caste and varna system. It gives equality and doesn't tie us in brother sister relationship. According to Bhatt Vahis, puratan women took Khaday Di Pahul including wives of Guru Sahib. Kirpan Amrit was used for new born babies and when they grew up, they were given Khanday Di Pahul.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use