Tablas - Where Best To Buy One?

the only tip i would give you is, go with someone who knows how to find a good tabla, cause otherwise you'll get a bad one. it has be looked at and played before buying.

PS, buy a good one, and get someone to tell you how to take care of it

Fateh Jio

Please do not buy a cheap tabla, because if your tabla is not good then you wouldn't enjoy it and you wouldn't wanna learn after few days. If your tabla is THE BEST one (no doubt- expensive) atleast everytime you will play it, you will surely love it and this will make you learn more and more and more and more..... waheguru. Then come and teach me......lol

Fateh Jio

:umm:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vahe Guru Ji Ka Khalsa

Vahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh

Can anyone help me, im interested in buying a tabla, from the UK , from the sangat or from the net. But i thinking i might as well get a good one if im gonna keep it, or should i get any one , until i learn and actually understand more about it, im at a very basic stage at the min

please guide

SAT NAM

As your a beginner I suggest you get a beginner set rather than a professional one. Search for "jas musicals" on google and go on their site, you can find some tabla sets there. I personally buy mine from india :umm:

I wouldn't buy it of ebay or do something stupid like that, it's really hard to tell the quality of a tabla unless you play it for yourself. If you don't live near southall or in london then i'm sure there are other shops that sell tablas. Quality does vary from one tabla set to another so be put off if the sound quality of the beginner set isn't good enough, i'm sure your not going to play in a concert in front of thousands of people.

By the way, where do you live?

im from newcastle, but ill travel anywhere in the uk if need be,

but after some advice on here and off here, i might be tempted to just wait and get one from india, still not sure, but im thanks for the help, i guess i gota find some one who plays to help me get one. i wont be going to india until feb i think so its gona be a long wait......

the real shame is some people have been trying to flog old ones off to me and other members of the sangat loll no wonder .............im gona stick to it, so will try to get a good one and look after it.

Where in India are you headed?

There's different rules for stuff in India :umm: lol

Like you prolly don't want to get it from Amritsar

And you really wanna make it sound like you know what you're talking about (or they might jip you without you knowing it)

Let us know when you're going if you still haven't gotten one yet (or are thinking about getting another one :umm: lol)