In Love

Guest --------------

Guest --------------

i don't know what to do, expect for a now i have got myself in a difficult situation. I've been friends with this girl for over 5years now, but have come to the realisation that my feelings for her are stronger. This girl is amazing and has a positive influence on me.She comes from a Gursikh family and has very strong beliefs and i know she would never consider me to be anything apart from her brother. Its just i can't stop thinking about her. Am i falling in love with her? I know these feelings are wrong and i would never tell her as it would ruin our frienship. Its just i find it hard been around her because of these feelings. I've started to avoid her as this is the only way i know how to deal with this. But she's gotten upset as she thinks she may have upset me and i reaLly don't want her to be upset. I just really don't know what to do in this situation.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bhai Saaheb jeeo,

There have been numerous discussions on "love" and how to deal with being in similar situations, over the past few months many youth have posted about this topic, so I would suggest to do a search, although every situation is different and requires its own approach.

Perspectives on Love in terms of Gurmat

Moh / Love

Life's a Dream

If you have "feelings" for her, then tell her and if she feels the same way then as a gursikh its your responsibility to tell your parents and have them talk to her's or talk to someone who knows her family for a rishtaa.

If you say you have started to develop feelings for her then this is the best step to take, because man this is kaljug and if you don't have a strong enough jeevan/mind and if you don't have a proper pehra on your rehat then its a GUARANTEE you will fall, and its only a matter of time, only through ardaas can guru sahib help you through this. I STRONGLY ADVISE that you do not continue to talk, go out, since your parents don't know, if you are, it will GREATLY bring you down in your sikhi and in the eyes of guru saaheb, just take it like a test from guru saaheb.

My two cents anyway, bhul chuk muaaf karnaa.

Guest Guest

yeah those feelings are wrong.. and yup sometimes are hard to avoid!

sometimes we may have"feelings" for that person as in we admirt ehir sikhi somuch we want to be with someone like that,

talk to her and say that youre not trying to make her upset , and tell her why youre avoiding her beacuse of how u feel.

whateva is going to happen , WILL HAPPEN:) so all good! guru ji does eveything in his willl and which is best for us

i don't know what to do, expect for a now i have got myself in a difficult situation. I've been friends with this girl for over 5years now, but have come to the realisation that my feelings for her are stronger. This girl is amazing and has a positive influence on me.She comes from a Gursikh family and has very strong beliefs and i know she would never consider me to be anything apart from her brother. Its just i can't stop thinking about her. Am i falling in love with her? I know these feelings are wrong and i would never tell her as it would ruin our frienship. Its just i find it hard been around her because of these feelings. I've started to avoid her as this is the only way i know how to deal with this. But she's gotten upset as she thinks she may have upset me and i reaLly don't want her to be upset. I just really don't know what to do in this situation.

Hai.. pyaar da maamlaa ah..

hmm kee dasiye.. me vee phasiyaa tongue.gif

its good you're mature enough to know that this may ruin ur friendship.. But just ask her.. like in a conversation.. see if she has same feelings/beginning to get them because then you can take them to another level and discuss things with your parents

5 years seems like a long time, but it passes quik.. so cute lol jokes..

Do whatever you think is best for your love.

dont avoid her...thas not the solution......jus by avoiding doesnt mean ur feelings or w/e will go away..u cant jus shut out sumone n think its never gonna come bak...kinda like anger...if u hide ur anger...everytime..n never let it out...its all gonna explode on u one day (lol...hope that makes sense :$ )

but ya..u gota control em

like the poster above said..theres MANY topics on this...read those over..n if u still feel that it doesnt help...then i dont think theres neone here that can give ne different advice....jus BANI! ask Guru Ji :umm:

Guest Akirtghan
hmm kee dasiye.. me vee phasiyaa tongue.gif
o no you didn't nonono.gif the guy is serious man :umm:

these feelings may or may not go away quickly or easily. but take my advice here man, DONT HOPE FOR ANYTHING !!!!!! if you do then that will be the end of you.......

meri benti, do hath jor key, dont hope.

LOL.gif @ having feelings is PO

this is a bad situation. im sorry but i don't think this girl likes you because if she did she would have given you some kind of hint. your either attracted to someone or your not. if she does not like you in that way and you tell her you like her she will freak and run a mile. if you have deep feelings for her just tell her and if she doesn't feel the same just break contact. that actually is the best thing to do regardless of what other people say.