In Love

Guest --------------

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Akirtghan

we'r missing the bigger pictre man, the point b4nd4 made, is in line with gurmat. other people are not looking into what guru sahib is saying when it comes to this and are just stoping at literal translations. thats all.

Yeah, I agree that calling girls a sister can be weird at times, but would you rather have a guy calling them sisters instead of something else? (Not going to say the word, but I am sure people here know what word I am referring to).

I think people here are taking this whole issue a little too far. Where’s the love? :wub:

Let me make myself clear here.. I am in no way encouraging the guy to go and talk to the bibi himself.

Guy: I know umm.. you are my sister but my parents want me to marry you.. do you agree?

Girl: Hanji I do.

Guy: wooohoooooo my sister is my wifeeeeee.

B4ND4: Have a happy married life guy and girl :wub:

The other way

Guy : I want to marry you??

Girl : No

Guy : Then you are my sister.

Then proceed to next girl.

This is the way you want sikhs to be?, because i doubt that a guy will not ask other girl after rejection.

His mentality will become to see girls as possible spouse. Which is against Gurmat.

You possibly have read a lot of bani, bani says "Whenever you sees unknown women considers them as sisters, daughters"

Please give any line from bani to prove your point, Else you are wrong as bani is only truth..

Guest Guest

I personally do not think we are taking it literally. We as manmukhs justify our actions too much. Me included. Maharaj said think of everyone as you bro, sis, mother, father until u are ready for marriage. Look at the gursikhs older than us, ask them about this issue. They were born when the world had less maya than today and they will give u a good response. Sometimes to get things in perspective i wonder what the great gursikhs of our time would say about issues such as these, like bhai sahib bhai randhir singh, baba thakur singh ji, sant bhindrawale and many more. I can't see them saying, 'yeah thats ok, carry on children,' :/

Why is religion here in the first place? Partly (not all) for discipline. Without religion, there would just be spirituality. If maharaj says to do something, we do it, no questions about it. Cuz i have found in this way, the reason why they told us to follow in a specific way comes to us and we understand why they told us to do it that way. Makes sense? Follow hukam. Think of maharaj, you should not be thinking of anyone more. If this girl makes you think of maharaj, then great. But like i said before, i doubt she is, as you clearly says you have been thinking about her a lot. Is that good?

Maybe take what everyone has says in, the fors and against, and make up ur own decision. I said before try not to let us influence you but that will be difficult. So ask maharaj. Take a hukamnama. Do as much naam simran and bani as u can before you take the hukamnama so you mind is quite clear enough to understand what it is trying to tell u.

I hope you make the right decision and i hope you have piece of mind soon! Im sure this is issue is eating away at u.

Waheguroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

^^ rolleyes.gif Could you not read the lines i had put in bolds?? The lil convo i had composed b/w the guy and gal had parents involved. Where did i encourage the original poster to go and talk to the girl??

As far as bani is concerned look at the whole shabd and then tell me what exactly the shabd is talking about.

Guest Akirtghan
"Whenever you sees unknown women considers them as sisters, daughters"

i take it you were talking about this

dyiK prweIAW cMgIAW mwvW BYxW DIAW jwxY]

dhekh paraaeeaaa(n) cha(n)geeaaa(n) maavaa(n) bhainaa(n) dhheeaaa(n) jaanai||

research meaning of the word jwxY

Sat Sri Akal;

I just want to say that Our Guru wants to give Sikhs high characters. purposing a girl and she slaps a bearded man. Then what will be the respect of a sikh. We should not be involved in such silly things.

In Sukhmani sahib " Netar na dekhayee parayee Rupad"

We should have high moral values and character. Just seeing an amritdhari sikh in such silly activities. it would be funny.

I assume Marriage should be left for parents or elders, as they have seen more world then us, and they will do whatever is best for us. This is the least we can do for our parents.

If sikhs start to see sikh girls as there wives then it will degrade the meaning of Sikhi itself.

I will end as, have faith in God, just try to live by bani , there is no point in running after wordly things.

Just have high morals as Dashmesh Pita wants his sikhs to have.

Regards.

Dont you mean;

''pr iqRA rUpu n pyKY nyqR ]

pur thria roop n paekhai naethr

whose eyes do not gaze upon the beauty of others' wives''

otherwise where did you get that tukh from :wub:

go fall in love with sumtin that u can rely on...like a tree LOL.gif

...now thats unconditional love

love makes u blind guy

u dont kno wat ur doin

this is where sumone else has to do the thinking 4 u cuz it screws ur thinking and decision making....not screwing around

so screw it!

LOL.gif

lover boy

p.s i didnt even read the thread...jus posted w/e jibrish i wanted :wub: