Beadbi of Sikhi

Sat Sri Akal:

Cut off ALL connections with him (if he even asks water from you, you shall not give it to him).

If others ask as to why, tell them.

Telling the family is almost too brutal...it will ruin his life (although, my hatred for this behavior would tempt me too great to do exactly that).

If you really want to bust this guy, get 5 Sikhs from the Gurudwara he goes to (by Sikh I mean amritdhari...like there is any other... ;) ) to come by the office and observe his behavior.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fatehh!

waheguru jio!

I know we all have anger inside of us and its really hard to see a singh go against our waheguru jis hukam. But our guru also taught us the evils of kaam, krodh, lobh, mo, haunkar, Ninda, Chugli. The last two, expecially last one.... do we really wanna do that. LIke SINGH ji said before in his post, that they will find out or waheguru will punish him.

A lie is never kept! No matter how hard one tries, that same LIE will get bigger and bigger and one day come out. And then he will pay....

So instead of bringing yourself into the problem. You make himlook stupid... that is the best thing to be in the same office ... how you

can always to vichaar and tell him stuff. Always be a nice person dont hate him... then others will think how come singhs r like this. ONE DRINKS AND SMOKES, ONES SOO RUDE TO THE OTHER.

Be the kindest you can to this guy, every single person has guru in him, and somewhere in his body that small sound is gonna come out... guru ... guru ... GURU.

But jio, take time! WOW doesnt it ever take time... ask yourselves, were you or are we perfect. We still talkin about others right now, eventhough we dont even know the person.

I hope this is enough for 'iwannabeagursikh' i think that was your screen name rolleyes.gif ... sorry paaji!

bul chuk maph

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem with this guy who smokes and his family is that they seem to be cut off from the rest of the sangat in general. Because they have Gur Parkash in their house they tend not to go to Gurdwaras. They also don't seem to have many relatives. I think this is a contributing factor to the way he is.

His father is a humble GurSikh and does not have a clue about his son as he covers it up very well. Although I can't figure out how his family haven't smelt it on his breath..

I think that the only reason he took amrit was to please his family, not for any love of Sikhi. Although he has grown up in a GurSikh household he seems to want to rebel in secret to the whole thing.

His wife is also an Amritdhari, and I think she has not intentionally broken her rehat.

Is he not jeopardising her Sikhi and his parent' s Sikhi by being the way he is?? They obviously have a perception of him and let him to GurSewa. He knows how to read bani and sometimes even does gurbani vichar. Surely if his family knew the truth then they would not let him do this.

The problem is that if his wife knew she'd probably leave him, as this is what he has told me... They have kids.....

the only thing you can do is talk to him make him understand. if this does not work cover your back and you might have to tell his parents or family members before he turns it on you and states that you knew about it and didn't think he did anything wrong.

when people get caught they look for a scapegoat

bring it up with the local gurdwara committee as well.

dont physically assault him. you'll get paap for that.

I have been working in the same office as this guy for now over 18 months. At first although I was shocked about him smoking, I sort of dismissed him of as one of those idiots who just wear pugs but ain't got a clue about sikhi. It's only when I started talking to him that I realised he lives in a GurSikh house and fraudulantly claims to lead a GurSikh life to his family.

What has become hard for me is that I am trying to lead a GurSikh jevan myself, his way of life angers me. Sikhi tells us to stand for the Truth. The goray must have a good laugh at us because of him, they know his wife and family don't know he drinks and smokes. To the goray he's painted a picture of a strict father and a stupid wife which reflects on the gorays perception of a typical Sikh family. It angers me, because at the end of the day to many of these people we may be the only Sikhs they will ever meet in their lives. They will remember SIkhs based on our personalities, our actions, our respresentation of Sikhi.

I have hoped that this issue would disappear for months and am now fed up. He won't change no matter how guilty you make him feel. He's even been caught by an old mona punjabi man, who had a go at him for smoking outside our offices.