Bana Of Panj Pyare

When I hear about Vaisakhi 1699, when Guru Maharaj created the Khalsa, I always hear about the Panj Pyare being in orange attire after they come out of the tent.

However, I see lots of pictures of the Panj Pyare and Guru Gobind Singh dressed in blue, and occasionally dressed in orange.

Why is there such a discrepancy?

I understand people maybe confused/mistaken in their belief in what happened in the tent and whether there was a tent, but surely something as basic as this should be universally accepted - ie whether they all wore blue or wore orange bana.

India is a country full of myths wonderous beleafs, and superstitions.

On the same token some aspects of history facts get exaggerated and tuned in to myths.

The story of 1699 as fallen foul of this and everyone beleves it.

Most sikhs belive that Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji asked for five heads as a test of courage. Things have ben circulated such a he took the heads in to a tent and done acts such as chopping a sheeps head, then proudcing a sword with dripping blood to show to the congregation .

This is an exmple of a factual story turned into a myth.

The fact is that the Panj Pyra were SELECTED due being of different caste.

...hasnt anyone questiond the myth, that the ones that offered heads were of different caste,... conincidence.

They were SELECTED TO REPRESENT THE KHALSA and to show brotherhood.

...hasnt anyone questiond the myth, that the ones that offered heads were of different caste,... conincidence.

lol coincidence. (Have you read about thje coincidence of 911? Was that all planned - bet it was then!)

Panj Pyare were from different castes

Their names (in order) represent pathway to god (Compassion to Righteousness to Courage to Unattachment to Sahib)

They were all named Singh (Singh was the star sign Guru Gobind Singh Ji was born into)

10 living Gurus divided by 2 = 5 .. Panj Pyare

5 elements - Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Eather

5 Evils - Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Hankar

"Panch Pravaan Panch Pardhaan" in Japji Sahib can translated as 5 chosen ones

5 Realms mentioned in Japji sahib - Dharam Khand, Gian Khand, Saram Khand, Karam Khand, Sach Khand

Anymore to add to the list? lol

lol coincidence. (Have you read about thje coincidence of 911? Was that all planned - bet it was then!)

Panj Pyare were from different castes

Their names (in order) represent pathway to god (Compassion to Righteousness to Courage to Unattachment to Sahib)

They were all named Singh (Singh was the star sign Guru Gobind Singh Ji was born into)

10 living Gurus divided by 2 = 5 .. Panj Pyare

5 elements - Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Eather

5 Evils - Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh, Hankar

"Panch Pravaan Panch Pardhaan" in Japji Sahib can translated as 5 chosen ones

5 Realms mentioned in Japji sahib - Dharam Khand, Gian Khand, Saram Khand, Karam Khand, Sach Khand

Anymore to add to the list? lol

yeh i agree with some of wat your're saying- but your theroys have nothing to do with the myth.

He selected them - fact- to representt the Khalsa to show brotherhood that all types of backgrounds.

LIE ARE ALWAYS MORE INTERESTING THAN THE TRUTH AND THEY SAY FICTION SELLS.

I will probably be accused of launching a personal attack and going off-topic here, but 'britiah sikh lad', I tend to find your general postings regarding the muslims tend to fall in the above category you have described!

Generally we will find that the Punj Pyaray will always be dressed in a bana/chola with kamarkasa. Colour has never been a major issue, where we find the Khalsa colours of black, blue, orange and white being the chosen colours by the Punj. It depends if you see a major descepancy and whether you feel that descrepancy is holding your jeevan back.

To me trying to keep my amrit vela is more important than the colour of the bana or whether the tent existed or not.