I Don't Believe

Guest _unknown_

Guest Guest

I don’t think any of us truly believe, if we did we wouldn’t be here. We try to understand and make sense of it all. The fact that you think about it and are in an undecided state, or a state of confusion implies an unsettled mind, which is the best thing for those you truly want to know because you have not settled for what you have been programmed for, this is great. :nihungsmile:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior

I don’t think any of us truly believe, if we did we wouldn’t be here. We try to understand and make sense of it all. The fact that you think about it and are in an undecided state, or a state of confusion implies an unsettled mind, which is the best thing for those you truly want to know because you have not settled for what you have been programmed for, this is great. :nihungsmile:

Guest Narinder Singh
To believe in God is impossible not to believe in Him is absurd.

When one is attached to belief, they're attached to a lie.

Fateh.

Guest _unknown_
We can use the example of a painting, in order for a painting to even exist their has to be a painter, whether or not one has met or even seen the painter is irrelevant.

I don't believe that the fact I exist means there must be a creater who 'planned' something...instead it was a collection of random particles who did their own actions.

And so I leave to you to answer, every law/equation has a constant... when we find that universal law, who set that constant? For even if the constant were 1/trillion different, the universe would not exist in its present form.

I understand what you are saying but even if the constant was different it does not mean it was set by someone....I believe it will be the random culmination of events etc...

look at the universe how can their not be a God. Don't be silly either your not a Sikh in the first place or you havent read the Scriptures and just had your kesh,etc for the sake of it.

With all due respect I keep kesh because I believe there is no need to remove it. I do a lot of the life teachings of sikhi because they make sense and not because I believe in a God. However I do understand people might not like this so I haven't worn a turban even though I keep long unshorn kesh.

Do some research and you will come to see that all this we see around us is intelligent design from a supreme being. The question should be not if thjeir is a god or not but what form or concept of god you believe in.

Sikhism believes in a spiritual God not a physical one that resides in clouds in heaven sitting on throne controlling things. We all as humans are vessals that carry the soul, the spirit that is of our one God.

Can you please explain to me what I am meant to think about when you say God. I would just like to add one more thing....for a very long time I did go through all the things you all wrote about like how if we are here there must be God, the whole universe concept etc But this is how I see it - I believe these somethings created us and through their domino effect we live and through their domino effect they will end us, the world, the universe etc. So basically its one thing leading to another and we are the product of that.

I believe we will end but just because we end it does not mean there is nothing left...something will be left over so the something is always there. Each time the world ends its down to chance what something survives and what does not...this thing has no beginning or no end....I therefore believe the ending and the start of the univerise etc has no beginning or no end....it was always there....I dunno how to describe this BUT basically each time different things can start us off and different things end up as leftovers ....however nothing is lost since it came from the one thing and it ends still being the same thing...all that changes is the 'roop' but it is all still one..

I hope the above makes sense because I'm finding it hard to write what I mean...but basically there is no beginning to this thing...particles were there and started a domino effect causing us, trees etc. And as we live we experience the domino actions set in place previously and ourselves cause dominos..

This is actually how I see it and so I'm hoping people understand why I don't believe in stuff like when we die something happens to us...cos we are nothing.

This is the only thing I believe in (I hope it makes sense cos I always have difficulty explaining to people what I mean) Anyways I feel if I believe in this then I shouldn't say I believe in God since the vast majority of people think God has powers he can zap at...obviously the thing I believe in also does everything but as you can see it does so in an ENTIRELY different way....

I hope I don't offend anyone with what I have written and importantly I hope it makes sense cos I have read it about 5 times now and I dunno how to word it!!

Anyways my concern is that I would really like to wear a turban since I think its a great way of keeping my hair clean BUT this is the only thing which stops me....

I have a huge problem - I don't believe in God..this is not one of those I am confused posts cos I've read around and spoke to people and I just don't understand anything thats supernatural. I don't believe in ghosts, I don't even believe in re-incarnation cos karma simply does not make sense. I also don't believe anything happens when you die.

I do however like being a good human being and I value all the life teachings of sikhi alot such as keeping kesh....I'm worried now what people will think of me if I appear to be Sikh and I then tell them that I do not believe in God. What do I do?? :wub:

dnt worri about uther ppl let them think wot they want - if u dnt believe in Waheguru cuz cnt see or hear Waheguru - u cnt see air can u? but we still believe in it! so y not Waheguru? mayb this is a way of telling u to find out more about sikhi but in depth. everyone must hav ther doubt so dont worri n we r sikhs so we are always learing. about ghosts and afta death - thers a story u cn buy the buk on amazon but im afarid i dnt no wot its called - that a white couple who were no religous were so in love that they promised each other hu eva dies first wud cum back and tell the uther person wot it was like. so the women died first and on day wen her husband was writing sumthing sumone tuk control of his hand. he then found out it was his wife. she told him that afta death nuthing matters apart from how much u remebered God or sang his praises. the buk contains all ther letters and wot they sed to each other.

i just think u need to reasearch about sikhi abit more and u will understand everything soon

fathe ji

We can use the example of a painting, in order for a painting to even exist their has to be a painter, whether or not one has met or even seen the painter is irrelevant.

I don't believe that the fact I exist means there must be a creater who 'planned' something...instead it was a collection of random particles who did their own actions.

And so I leave to you to answer, every law/equation has a constant... when we find that universal law, who set that constant? For even if the constant were 1/trillion different, the universe would not exist in its present form.

I understand what you are saying but even if the constant was different it does not mean it was set by someone....I believe it will be the random culmination of events etc...

look at the universe how can their not be a God. Don't be silly either your not a Sikh in the first place or you havent read the Scriptures and just had your kesh,etc for the sake of it.

With all due respect I keep kesh because I believe there is no need to remove it. I do a lot of the life teachings of sikhi because they make sense and not because I believe in a God. However I do understand people might not like this so I haven't worn a turban even though I keep long unshorn kesh.

Do some research and you will come to see that all this we see around us is intelligent design from a supreme being. The question should be not if thjeir is a god or not but what form or concept of god you believe in.

Sikhism believes in a spiritual God not a physical one that resides in clouds in heaven sitting on throne controlling things. We all as humans are vessals that carry the soul, the spirit that is of our one God.

Can you please explain to me what I am meant to think about when you say God. I would just like to add one more thing....for a very long time I did go through all the things you all wrote about like how if we are here there must be God, the whole universe concept etc But this is how I see it - I believe these somethings created us and through their domino effect we live and through their domino effect they will end us, the world, the universe etc. So basically its one thing leading to another and we are the product of that.

I believe we will end but just because we end it does not mean there is nothing left...something will be left over so the something is always there. Each time the world ends its down to chance what something survives and what does not...this thing has no beginning or no end....I therefore believe the ending and the start of the univerise etc has no beginning or no end....it was always there....I dunno how to describe this BUT basically each time different things can start us off and different things end up as leftovers ....however nothing is lost since it came from the one thing and it ends still being the same thing...all that changes is the 'roop' but it is all still one..

I hope the above makes sense because I'm finding it hard to write what I mean...but basically there is no beginning to this thing...particles were there and started a domino effect causing us, trees etc. And as we live we experience the domino actions set in place previously and ourselves cause dominos..

This is actually how I see it and so I'm hoping people understand why I don't believe in stuff like when we die something happens to us...cos we are nothing.

This is the only thing I believe in (I hope it makes sense cos I always have difficulty explaining to people what I mean) Anyways I feel if I believe in this then I shouldn't say I believe in God since the vast majority of people think God has powers he can zap at...obviously the thing I believe in also does everything but as you can see it does so in an ENTIRELY different way....

I hope I don't offend anyone with what I have written and importantly I hope it makes sense cos I have read it about 5 times now and I dunno how to word it!!

Anyways my concern is that I would really like to wear a turban since I think its a great way of keeping my hair clean BUT this is the only thing which stops me....

fathe ji,

Guru ji sed that the world wsa once a fog and mist n then scince found out that the world was once a cloud .. doesnt that say sumthin??

fathe ji

Guest Akirtghan
I have a huge problem - I don't believe in God..this is not one of those I am confused posts cos I've read around and spoke to people and I just don't understand anything thats supernatural. I don't believe in ghosts, I don't even believe in re-incarnation cos karma simply does not make sense. I also don't believe anything happens when you die.

I do however like being a good human being and I value all the life teachings of sikhi alot such as keeping kesh....I'm worried now what people will think of me if I appear to be Sikh and I then tell them that I do not believe in God. What do I do?? :wub:

simple solution: tell em you are not a sikh

Guest _unknown_
dnt worri about uther ppl let them think wot they want - if u dnt believe in Waheguru cuz cnt see or hear Waheguru - u cnt see air can u? but we still believe in it! so y not Waheguru?

The difference is that I understand what air is....cos I will say things like the air smells good/bad...but with God I don't have that...I don't know what God is in the first place...

Let me go back in time a bit....ages ago people never used to talk....they then made up noises etc....and language came about....so when I say chair we all know what I mean right? when I say air we all know what I mean....Here's the interesting bit we could have called the chair air....and the air chair but in terms of our understanding it would have made no difference cos the thing we refer to in different names is still the same....likewise i wanna know when people say God - what they are callling God...

Guru ji sed that the world wsa once a fog and mist n then scince found out that the world was once a cloud .. doesnt that say sumthin??

Not really cos it does not help me understand in any way what guru ji refers to as God...