WHEN SANT GURBACHAN SINGH JEE MET BABA NAND SINGH

Vir Singh

Guest Akaal108

You said:

All I’m saying is that a lot of people now a days are increasingly believing in Sants…

It looks like you are jealous. You want us to follow your own interepatation of khalsa init.....well atleast they follow real sants not just fake sants as gurbani mentions...

vir singh i always respect ur views, but if brahmgyanis never had conflicting views.....then that out of bhai randhir singh and baba gurbachan singh only 1 wud be a brahmgyani (over ragmalla and keski debate), baba takhur singh would conflict with people who dont think baba jarnail singh is shaheed, that would mean one group wudnt have any brahmgyanis.....

how would you explain this contradiction........can a brahmgyani have views which arent technically "correct" or do they know the truth but for some reason gurus hukam does not allow them to share it??????

who knows...........im confused :T:

“Vir Singh,

I dont know what we arguiin about. Nanaksar and Takshal beleifs that mool mantar is up to nanak hose bhi saach. "END OF STORY".

What else you on about??”

N30 Singha, if Baba Nand Singh Jee is right, the Bhindrawalay Sants did believe in Mul Manter up to “Gurprasaad” and not “Nanak Hosie Bhi Sach” as they do now. If Baba Nand Singh Jee is correct then that means Sant Sundar Singh Jee also believed it to be up to Gurprasaad. That would explain why almost all Nirmalas also believe Mul Mantar to be up to “Gurprasaad”.
”Also on a side note: Since you are against praising sargun saroop of blessed soul and guroo maharaj ji as form of respect. Good Luck with the nirgun saroop which does not have any body, color, shape, rang...”

N30 Singh, are you serious? As a Sikh do you actually believe in Sargun Pujaa? Sikhism is dead set against Sargun Puja (idol worship). Guru Nanak Dev Jee was the founder of Nirgun Puja in all of India. Before Guru Nanak, everyone did Sargun Puja. Our god is formless, Nirgun. By reverting back to idol worshiping we are basically going against Guru Nanak Dev Jee’s teachings.

“It looks like you are jealous. You want us to follow your own interepatation of khalsa init.....well atleast they follow real sants not just fake sants as gurbani mentions...”

First of all I did not intend to make a statement against Santmat. I Basically said that now a days it’s becoming very trendy to follow Sants. But I’ve noticed that 99% of the Santmat followers don’t even know the stories of there respective Sants. You are a perfect example of such a follower. Most Sant Mat followers like you just know the Sants by there faces in pictures, but don’t know a thing about them, there stories, or there beliefs and traditions. Perfect example of blind faith. I encourage you to read up more on Sant stories, listen to Katha Wachaks as they tell stories of Sants.

Although I must admit I like to read about Sants and there Sampradahs because you learn a lot from there stories, but Sant Mat does not appeal to me much. I am a follower of Gurmat. I prefer to follow the Panj Pyaray, the Singhs as a collective. Panj Pyaray represents the Guru.

I’m not trying to put you down in anyway, you have your own way, I have my own way. I prefer the traditional ways of the Khalsa such as Nirgun Puja, following Panj Pyaray, and wearing blue Dastars, as opposed to the new age style Sikhi which encourages following a Saint, and in many cases idol worship (Sargun Puja).

“Bhai Vir Singh ji, sorry if I wasn't clear. But I was just curious...Do you post just TO PROVE A POINT, or actually learn something out of it. Please don't take offence, as I don't agree with alot of posts, but I don't see a point in starting arguements as it brings tension to the board (like we don't have enough in the world)..Again sorry to sangat, if I'm making this a bigger deal than it already is..”

Khalsa Jee, I post so others can learn, and in turn I can learn from their replies. This is a discussion forum. In these forums debates happen, people discuss conflicting views. Many people learn new things from such discussion. This kind of discussion should be encouraged, not discouraged. People wouldn’t really go to discussion forums as much as they do if there weren’t debates. Just as long as people don’t use profanities and throw derogatory remarks. But if the debate is clean then what’s wrong with that? You have to admit, before I posted this story most people probably would have never have even thought that such a story even happened.

i am not aware of how accurate this story is or of where it has come from

however i can say that i have heard the mool mantra viakhiya by baba gurbachan singh ji and they do specifically state that the mool mantra is up to "nanak hosi bhi sach"

they state that this is the manglecharan for the guru sahib

“vir singh i always respect ur views, but if brahmgyanis never had conflicting views.....then that out of bhai randhir singh and baba gurbachan singh only 1 wud be a brahmgyani (over ragmalla and keski debate), baba takhur singh would conflict with people who dont think baba jarnail singh is shaheed, that would mean one group wudnt have any brahmgyanis.....

how would you explain this contradiction........can a brahmgyani have views which arent technically "correct" or do they know the truth but for some reason gurus hukam does not allow them to share it??????”

Khalsa Soulja Jee, the thing is, we have made the terms “Bramgiani, Sant, 108” etc very cheap. We use these terms so often then we are losing the real meaning behind them. Most of us make the mistake of saying “so and so was a Brahmgiani” and that too without even knowing any stories about them. Unless you have read all the stories of a particular Gursikh, and know all of there views, only then you should decide if you want to call them Brahmgiani. A Brahmgiani is directly linked with God. In my opinion there is no way two Brahmgianis can have conflicting views. If there is a conflicting view, then there is definitely something wrong. One of them is not a Brahmgiani (just my opinion). Again this is my opinion. A lot of you might give me a lot of Gaalaah for this. I think that we should use the term Mahpursh. The term Brahmgiani should be only

used if you know a lot about that Mahpursh and are sure that person is a Brahmgiani.

Brahmgiani Ki Gat Brahmgiani Jannea. ONly a brahmgiani knows of another Brahmgiani.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji kee fateh

I am new to the forum and was just reading some of the posts. This is a very intresting story that Vir Singh has translated.

I noticed a few things as I was reading the different messages.

This is for the admin:

>>>>

N30! Veerji hardly has any information to add and simply distracts the readers from the actual topic of dicussion. Why do admin allow such posts. Let these debates be scholarly.

Sometimes I also tend to have the kind of reaction to new information that N3O ji does but i do try to keep an open mind. He went off on tangents assuming things etc. etc. confusing me as a reader and probably others as well.

It's kind of like the withch hunts in the mid-evil times. He tends to make a lot of noise but his posts lack substance.

I mean at first he was directly attacking Vir Singh's posts and then he started saying we shouldn't make it a bigger deal then it already is. He is the one who made it into a big deal in the first place... why do u allow such pointless and contradictory posts?

>>>>

Also i agree with veer Vir Singh that titles such as "sant... brahmgiani.." etc. are thrown around without much reservation... we should really be more careful we not only mislead ourselves but others as well.

In spirit of Panthic Chardikala,

CFD

Saihajleen Kaur Khalsa Jee, thank you for your humble analyses. But I don’t try to put down Nanaksaris. I’ll admit in the thread last week I was a little bias against Nanaksaris because of all the cases I heard of such as Baba Harnek Singh. But since last week I have been reading up on the Nanaksaris with an open mind. Since then, whatever I have written about them is based on Nanaksar's own sources.

• 10 years later...