Oldest Surviving Rehat Manuscript (1718/1719 Ad)

well, i have this one...

from scribd..

its good.. but it talks bout sarabloh granth 2... here it sez it aint guru gobind singh jis bani, but the reasons they give are not that concreeet... but they do have real valid points....(re sarabloh granth..)

bear in mynd that there are mistakes in the print...

OMG y dont it uploADD!!!!!!

its on scribd..

Seems to be a reference to Halal meat HA? Turk or Turkaan was the word used to refer to Muslims in general back then I believe.

Anyway, this forum have a blanket policy of not discussing the meat issue and has a firm vegetarian stance. So we have to respect that and leave the discussion at that.

excellent discussion so far, its been a very interesting and intellectual read :)

i have only found a slight personal misunderstanding with the talk:

"ਮੜ੍ਹੀ ਗੋਰ ਦੇਵਲ ਮਸੀਤਾਂ ਗਿਰਾਯੰ । ਤੁਹੀਂ ਏਕ ਅਕਾਲ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਜਪਾਯੰ ।

Graves, Hindu temples and Mosques be destroyed and that only Eternal, Hari is to be worshiped.

ਮਿਟੇਂ ਵੇਦ ਸ਼ਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਅਠਾਰਾਂ ਪੁਰਾਨਾ । ਮਿਟੇਂ ਬਾਂਗ ਸਲਵਾਤ ਸੁੰਨਤ ਕੁਰਾਨਾਂ ।

That all Vedas, Shashtras and Puranas to be destroyed. Destroy prayer call, circumcision and Quran."

just curious where that is from and is it then the mission of Khalsa to eradicate the other faiths, or integrate them into dharma?

Does the contents of Uggardanti relate to the rehat in the thread in anyway?

That would be interesting to map.

guru pyare sangat ji,all this manuscript and rehat was there in a book named "gohaj pothi" it was so called roz namcha of guru gobind singh sahib,minute by minute notes written by har singh ji.

har singh ji we can say was PA of guru gobind singh sahib he use to allways be with maharj and write each and every thing of guru sahib daily notes ..

gohaj pothi was there in hazoor sahib till 1975 or 1980 as in of of the book of sant jarnail singh ji he said he saw that book in hazoor sahib but after that we dont know where the book is now ...

guru sahib de kirpa naal singhs are investigating abt that book hope so we get it...

regarding rehtnaame atlest are 4 bajjar kureet we all know,ghato ghat appa sarey usto ta bacheye and unu sambhal ke rakheye,guru sahib reham karn......

baki guru sahib naam bani te amritwella da abyaas den because this is what our gurusahib tells us to do baki sareyyan gallan ethe reh jani ya

sarbat da bhalla

• 1 month later...

The Rehatnama in original post is Nasihatnama, wrongly known as Tankhanama. Some link it to Bhai Nand Lal.

You can find this MS770 in Pyara Singh Padam's Rehatnamey or W.H. McLeod. Both writers used this MS770 version. The manuscript is a large one, and Nasihatnama is only a small part of it.

MS770 is dated 1719 A.D.

Just for your information, older Rehatnamas do exist.