Anthropological Research Relevant To Sikhi

Kinni

WJKK WJKF

Recently I have been bothered by a few puzzling questions. Firstly I do understand these questions revolve around a sensitive issue so I apologize ahead of time if they offend anyone. I do not mean to question faith but these questions arose in my mind after watching a documentary criticizing certain catholic amendments. Before I ask I do want to clarify by no means am I questioning faith, bani, guru path, Sikhi, or legitimacy of things. Second of all my intentions are pure I’m just a bit curious about certain events.

As we all know through advancements in faculties of science and social science scientist have gathered an abundance of data on our planet. For example through tracing mitochondrial DNA mutations in females (b/c mitochondria is only passed by mothers) scientist have traced mitochondrial eve (first common female ancestor) had lived about 140 years ago. The first humans appear in the fossil records about 130,000 years ago AL 288-1 (or Lucy) a fossilized Skelton of an Australopithecus Afarensis (which is a human like species). The age of Lucy’s fossil is about 3.2 million years ago. Anthropologists have even found fossils or bacteria dated about 3.5 billion years ago! Also through DNA, mutation, and fossil records we have been introduced to an extensive amount of proof for evolution theory. With this info out of the way my questions are 1) If the human life is the only way to progress into sach khand how did any of the species before us progress? 2) Also we are told of all the yugs from Sat(h) Yug to Kal yug and their differences. In sat people were known to have extensive life spans and powers. My question is does anyone know of any anthropological or even personal research done to maybe prove or enlighten us of that yug? I mean if there’s been discoveries of fossils 3.5 billion years old I am sure there must be something that must have survived from that era. From the time of Raam ji is there anything preserved? 3) What about the era of Dusht Daman Jee or the demons he fought are their any archaic paintings or artifacts or fossils of that time? Also does anyone know the exact time scale of these eras? 4) Many times I have heard the Singhs of Guru Jee’s time were a lot larger and huskier compared to the people of today. But studies show relatively little difference in body height of humans in the past 300 - 400 years. Is there any skeletal research we have that we can look to understand or claim the height differences? Or when people say this is the spot where Guru Jee sat, or this is the tree that gave shade to guru jee and so on how is that decided?

I want to end by saying I do not mean to question faith nor do I have any intentions of questioning the legitimacy of these things. My questions are only so we can better understand the issues and use that knowledge to understand bani.

Although I see nothing wrong with what I am asking but if by any chance I come across as wrong or criticizing anything I do apologize.

It boils down to that age old argument about literal interpretations and allegorical or metaphoric ones.

1) How do you know they went to Sachkand - they could still be on this earth after 3.5 billion years in another joon, you neva know...

Only a very very few, but very very lucky and fortunate people like us get to realise and give our head to the True Guru.

man har har preeth lagaae ||

O my mind, embrace love for the Lord, Har, Har.

vaddabhaagee gur paaeiaa gur sabadhee paar laghaae ||1|| rehaao ||

By great good fortune, the Guru is found; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, we are carried across to the other side. ||1||Pause||

har aapae aap oupaaeidhaa har aapae dhaevai laee ||

The Lord Himself creates, He Himself gives and takes away.

har aapae bharam bhulaaeidhaa har aapae hee math dhaee ||

The Lord Himself leads us astray in doubt; the Lord Himself imparts understanding.

guramukhaa man paragaas hai sae viralae kaeee kaee ||

The minds of the Gurmukhs are illuminated and enlightened; they are so very rare.

ho balihaaree thin ko jin har paaeiaa guramathae ||

I am a sacrifice to those who find the Lord, through the Guru's Teachings.

jan naanak kamal paragaasiaa man har har vut(h)arraa hae ||4||

Servant Nanak's heart-lotus has blossomed forth, and the Lord, Har, Har, has come to dwell in the mind. ||4||

Its Guru Ji who takes us 2 sach-kandh and blesses us mukhti...no one can do this themselves. Only Dhan Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj can do this bakshish, and only through his hukam we are fortunate enough to bow down before Guru Ji...and only a very few lucky people in this world are blessed with this hukam. Others are left to wonder until Maharaj himself blesses them...JUST THINK ABOUT HOW LUCKY WE ARE JUST TO BOW DOWN TO GURU JI, WE OTHERS ARE LEFT TO WONDER...

eikanaa hukamee bakhasees eik hukamee sadhaa bhavaaeeahi ||

Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.

We should stop doubting (which is why we are stuck at the same level of faith and piyare for Guru Ji.) We should just let our mind absorb Gurbani and Guru Ji's words and hukams and let Guru Ji take us across and bless us with more giyaan...

2/3) dont know much about Kal Yug and Sat Yug

4) Not sure about skeletal size, but im pretty sure bone density and muscle mass was alot alot higher in those days due to higher demand of physical work. The size of the weapons, shields and guns are a proof in itself.