Patka/dastaar

Guest soon to be kaur

When entering your Amrit Sanchar, and all the time after you take Amrit, your Jurra must be on the top of your head at the Dasam Duar, not at the back like a Bandana/Patka. So a Dastar is a must after Amrit, Patka simply just isn't acceptable!

hearye.gif

Fateh.

are you guys kidding me?? who judges what is acceptable or not....you could wear a dastaar and act completely inappropriately. Theres a few Singhnia i know that have worn the Dastaar but several years down the line have taken it off...comments like this which state that patka is unacceptable arent helpful at all.

I dont mean to offend, just my opinion.

When entering your Amrit Sanchar, and all the time after you take Amrit, your Jurra must be on the top of your head at the Dasam Duar, not at the back like a Bandana/Patka. So a Dastar is a must after Amrit, Patka simply just isn't acceptable!

hearye.gif

actaully i have ssen amrit sanchaars where bibia wear pataks and also dastaar, so i think u dnt know what you talking about. however i do agree that biba should wear dastaar but thats there own personal option and cannot be forced. read my signature and you will understand the basic rehit

calm down...Your right I don't know what am talking about. Personally I don't believe in patkas - BEFORE YOU HAVE A STRESS - notice i said PERSONALLY - you can class this as my weakness I don't mind. Don't patronise me with "read my signature and you will understand the basic Reyath" - I know what Reyath I try to follow. When I say I don't believe in patkas I don't mean 'you can't wear one' - my mom wears one so that aint even logical my meaning is AFTER you take Amrith you should try and wear a Dasthaar becuase if you look back on history ALL Bibi'yah used to have Dasthaars no Sikh female wore a patka....DEAR GOD NO ONE GET OFFENDED - am only learning myself so dnt pull a stunt.

vjkk vjkf!

sangat jeeo, im taking amrit soon and i am seriously thinking of the dastaar. But i was going to start with the patka for many reasons. A dastaar carries many responsibilites as in you are now respresenting so you have to be perfect ..kinda. i think i should wait for it maybe a couple of months. but now i was think of the patka becuase it accomplishes keeping your head covered and it would be less of a shock for my family memebers and stuff. My dad is also against dastaar in a way so i thought a patka would like cool him down at first and then slpwly. so my question here is is it okay to wear a patka? any advice ?

Vaheguru ... Whether you wear a dastaar .. .a patka ... a chunni ... or a bandana ... all should be worn with confidence, pride, and respect. One doesnt carry more 'responsibilities' over the other. no matter what you wear...dastaar....bana....anything ... you should always remmeber your responsibilities as a Sikh.. responsibilities arent specific to a patka or a dastaar...theyre specific to a Sikh.... so being humble doesnt come with wearing a dastaar...or acting a certain way....or doing certain things... Whats the purpose of any of these (dastaar/[patka/chunni) ? A sign of respect for our Guru ... no one can judge a relationship between you and Guru Ji ... Bhenji .. .do Ardaas ... and the answer will come to you from Guru Ji himself ... there aren't 'stages' of head coverings ... you dont go from a chunni then move up to a patka then above all a dastaar...its all about personal opinion .. .whatever you feel is what Guru Ji is himself telling you ... so follow that voice after Ardaas ... its Guru Ji speaking ... only he knows what will be best for you

nice reply :wub:

you sound like me ji.. i was like that at first! ... then nxt thing i know maharajs placed his hand on my head! and blessed me with a dastar!!! .... and trust me IT WILL BE THE BEST THING EVER! ... and i didnt even tell my parents i was going to wear a dastar... and they were fine with it, if i told them i was going to they wud have FLIPPED!

i say wearing dastar even a little one is better.. than starting off with a patka , cus u may not want to wear dastar... or parents will be like no wear patka!

its up to you .. but as an amritdhari fullstop shud be wearing dastar.... LIKE PITA JI DID!!! represent out there huna.. be proud of youre sikhi and show everyone the roop of the khalsa!

do ardas ji and take hukmnama guru ji will tell you everything

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh