Family Crises - Sorry!

Dear Sangat Jee,

Sorry for doing so many negative posts, you probably hate me. I am stuck in a rutt at the moment, so many problems are occuring. I have commited so many sins lately i am surely paying for them. To add to my family problems already four elders in my family are extremely unwell. I try to do simran for them but recently i cant do it properly, even doing the thing in the early hours of the day - not saying because of ego. I just feel unemotional and stone like, almost as it i've been cut off from Vaaheguroo. I am surely paying for my sins. My nan yesterday had a fall outside her home- shes in her 70's but honestly looks like 50 and acts like it. She fell on her ankle yesterday, breaking her arm, foot and her glasses smashed causing her eye to be bruised - biggest ive ever seen her eye is closed and she even has stitches in her head. To add to this my other nan is ill now, her brother (my beloved great uncle) is in hospital with serious heart problems and knee problems after being run over by a lorry. So he is really ill and my nan is visiting him all the while, trying to pack for our holiday next week as well as cleaning her own house after decorators and my uncles house. My nan has had one heart attack already at my house and im scared shell have another - just a matter of time. Her husband my grandfather never stressees, hes so laid back and he too for the first time since my nans heart attack is worrying so much. I know this is all my fault - my punishment but i love them so dearly trying to do simran for them, my neighbour with terminal cancer, my family and for myself but i feel nothing. All this is guru jees punishment to me and im so sad and alone. Please sangat jee may you help, im rushing here there and everywhere while my family is at work to go and see my ill relatives - stickinjg to a schedule - its so harsh. I know i am meant to see guru jees will sweet no matter how harsh my mortal eyes may see it - i have accepted that but nevertheless its still saddening.

Many thanks,

Khalsa123

Guest Akirtghan

no matter how hard we try, we all have to leave this body either today or tommorrow. perform your duty as a relative, visit them, comfort them to the best of your ability, thats all you can do.

There are things in your can control and there are things out of your control. Your relatives falling ill and passing away in my opinion has nothing to do with you its just part of life and the more you think about it and blame yourself the more your going to feel down and helpless. The best thing you can do is just be there for your family and most importantly look after yourself. Why dont you try talking to your family about all this? Its usually more helpful talking face to face or maybe someone at the gurdwara? Also because you've got so much on your mind at the moment that could be the cause of you not being able to do your paat properly just do as much as you can for now and im sure things will work themselves out.

Take care xx

All this is guru jees punishment to me and im so sad and alone.

kayti-aa dookh bhookh sad maar.

So many endure distress, deprivation and constant abuse.

ayhi bhe daat tayree daataar.

Even these are Your Gifts, O Great Giver!

I think realising the above tuk from Sri JapJi Sahib is the hardest thing for us.

People advise to stay in Chardi Kala during times of despair or unhappiness. Chardi Kala is central to Sikhi and one of the hardest concepts to implement into our lifestyles. It is a positive, optimistic attitude to life and the state of mind. It reflects an eternally blissful mental state, where there is no fear, no jealousy, no enmity, no animosity and self dignity. Living in Chardi Kala means our mind remains in high spirits, ever progressive and confidently comfortable no matter what obstacles appear in the course of our lives.

Stay positive and look carefully. You will see Guru Ji’s Kirpa!

Dear Sangat Jee,

Sorry for doing so many negative posts, you probably hate me. I am stuck in a rutt at the moment, so many problems are occuring. I have commited so many sins lately i am surely paying for them. To add to my family problems already four elders in my family are extremely unwell. I try to do simran for them but recently i cant do it properly, even doing the thing in the early hours of the day - not saying because of ego. I just feel unemotional and stone like, almost as it i've been cut off from Vaaheguroo. I am surely paying for my sins. My nan yesterday had a fall outside her home- shes in her 70's but honestly looks like 50 and acts like it. She fell on her ankle yesterday, breaking her arm, foot and her glasses smashed causing her eye to be bruised - biggest ive ever seen her eye is closed and she even has stitches in her head. To add to this my other nan is ill now, her brother (my beloved great uncle) is in hospital with serious heart problems and knee problems after being run over by a lorry. So he is really ill and my nan is visiting him all the while, trying to pack for our holiday next week as well as cleaning her own house after decorators and my uncles house. My nan has had one heart attack already at my house and im scared shell have another - just a matter of time. Her husband my grandfather never stressees, hes so laid back and he too for the first time since my nans heart attack is worrying so much. I know this is all my fault - my punishment but i love them so dearly trying to do simran for them, my neighbour with terminal cancer, my family and for myself but i feel nothing. All this is guru jees punishment to me and im so sad and alone. Please sangat jee may you help, im rushing here there and everywhere while my family is at work to go and see my ill relatives - stickinjg to a schedule - its so harsh. I know i am meant to see guru jees will sweet no matter how harsh my mortal eyes may see it - i have accepted that but nevertheless its still saddening.

Many thanks,

Khalsa123

One "shud" (From the heart and love) Ardass will see you right, and plead with Guru Ji until you feel satisfication that everything be ok, am 100% sure it will work, trust the Guru Ji, he is our saviour.

Guest Akirtghan

as pheena ji put it once, ardaas is not meant to be used to "run away" from one's problems. look at our history, all the shaheeds did ardaas for strength so they could stand with their head high even in the toughest situations. ardaas should be done to thank gurusahib and ask for strength to walk the path, no matter how hard it might seem. ask for strength.

Guest Hardeep_S_Khalsa

AMg 793

ang 793

Page 793

sUhI ]

soohee

Soohee:

jo idn Awvih so idn jwhI ]

jo dhin aavehi so dhin jaahee

That day which comes, that day shall go.

krnw kUcu rhnu iQru nwhI ]

kurunaa kooch rehun thir naahee

You must march on; nothing remains stable.

sMgu clq hY hm BI clnw ]

sung chuluth hai hum bhee chulunaa

Our companions are leaving, and we must leave as well.

dUir gvnu isr aUpir mrnw ]1]

dhoor guvun sir oopar murunaa

We must go far away. Death is hovering over our heads. ||1||

ikAw qU soieAw jwgu ieAwnw ]

kiaa thoo soeiaa jaag eiaanaa

Why are you asleep? Wake up, you ignorant fool!

qY jIvnu jig scu kir jwnw ]1] rhwau ]

thai jeevun jag such kar jaanaa

You believe that your life in the world is true. ||1||Pause||

ijin jIau dIAw su irjku AMbrwvY ]

jin jeeo dheeaa s rijuk anburaavai

The One who gave you life shall also provide you with nourishment.

sB Gt BIqir hwtu clwvY ]

subh ghutt bheethar haatt chulaavai

In each and every heart, He runs His shop.

kir bMidgI Cwif mY myrw ]

kar bundhigee shaadd mai maeraa

Meditate on the Lord, and renounce your egotism and self-conceit.

ihrdY nwmu sm@wir svyrw ]2]

hirudhai naam sumuaar suvaeraa

Within your heart, contemplate the Naam, the Name of the Lord, sometime. ||2||

jnmu isrwno pMQu n svwrw ]

junum siraano punth n suvaaraa

Your life has passed away, but you have not arranged your path.

sWJ prI dh ids AMiDAwrw ]

saajh puree dheh dhis andhiaaraa

Evening has set in, and soon there will be darkness on all sides.

kih rivdws indwin idvwny ]

kehi ravidhaas nidhaan dhivaanae

Says Ravi Daas, O ignorant mad-man,

cyqis nwhI dunIAw Pn Kwny ]3]2]

chaethas naahee dhuneeaa fun khaanae

don't you realize, that this world is the house of death?! ||3||2||