Why Do People Want Khalistan?

PunjabiBlaze

1. It would be no different then Punjab's state government.

2. Their is already a Sikh leader of India.

3. Our army would get raped by bigger armies.

4. Sikh Politics nowadays is all about corruption, Khalistan would be corrupted all the way to the prime minister level. THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD

5. Sikh Politics has nothing to do with religion anymore, so its not like we're fighting for religious freedom.

6. No need

I live in chicago and I thought all the Khalistani talks died down like 10 years back. And how some people are talking on this site, Im not so sure.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

punjabi blaze , you dont even know whether you will live to the end of the day, how can you be so sure (*EDITED*) as to state all these things about Khalistan as if they are fact?

wise up and approach it in a more constructive way. by the tone of your post you seem like an anti-Khalistani, and i would refer youto read about Sikh history from 1930 onwards to get a picture of the Khalistan movement.

Since 1947 thousands of Sikhs have been kiled by ravan hakumat. Guru Ji has been desecrated manytimes . Gurdwaras have been desecrated. torture , rape and beating by ravan sena (punjab police) is rife. *EDITED*

listen to the spoeeches of Sant jarnail Singh during the 1980s. you will many things.

Guest Narinder Singh
1. It would be no different then Punjab's state government.

2. Their is already a Sikh leader of India.

3. Our army would get raped by bigger armies.

4. Sikh Politics nowadays is all about corruption, Khalistan would be corrupted all the way to the prime minister level. THAT WOULD NOT BE GOOD

5. Sikh Politics has nothing to do with religion anymore, so its not like we're fighting for religious freedom.

6. No need

I live in chicago and I thought all the Khalistani talks died down like 10 years back. And how some people are talking on this site, Im not so sure.

same old baseless arguments that could've been used against any of the three hundred plus countries that exist today.

*EDITED*, i've been to the chicago gurdwara several times, the Khalistani lehir (movement) is alive and well over there, so dont you worry.

But you just keep on blazin' PunjabiBlaze.

Fateh.

Well, the sort of people who have generally got behind the Khalistan movement now are almost guaranteeing it will never happen.

Instead of intelligent rational arguments, they always lose their heads. Corruption is rife and we all know that so much money was collected for the movement which disappeared. At least the kharkoos backed up their talk with real action. Khalistanis of today wouldn't last a minute against the Indian and probably Pak army. They are tight with stanis, and blind to the fact that these very *EDITED* at the same time. A large portion of them are actually Indian spies/plants.

They have little idea of how to run a state and think that being able to use an AK-47 (which isn't hard) will be enough to govern a country surrounded by hostile nuclear neighbours. They have become politically isolated and marginalised by almost every western country.....the list goes on

How the hec we going to get Khalistan like this? I'm all for a return of Sikh sovereignty but most of the people who want Khalistan seem to have little idea of what it would entail and are usually quite pindufied. The big question I have is why hasn't the movement become more sophisticated in all this time?

From the heart.

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

Please be respectful, the Brother has made some points that would be expected from a person external to Sikhi & the Sikh Plight for Sovereignty. This is a good opportunity to practising and debate your understandings of the main points and objectives i.e. Religious, Cultural, Economic etc.

Guru's Kirpa

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

non sikhs wouldnt be kicked out obviously khalistanis arent naive enought to believe khalistan wudnt have any problems but compared to india it would seem like a bliss i for 1 will be in london for the rally :wub: just a little point the uk *EDITED* has no job except heading the khalistan movement in the uk but has *EDITED* NOT IMPRESSED :wub:

bhul chuk maf people :D

Mod Edit: Post only when you have strong facts.

And when did this happen? A long time ago. I haven't heard of any discrimation towards sikhs in a long time. And i have read about Sant Jarnail Singh. Although had a good motive, *EDITED*. *EDITED*

Punjab was made smaller by the Akali Dal a while back so sikhs could have power. Now we have power. I have been to india about 5 times in the past 7 years. Their is no racism, no bigotry, no prejudices compared to before.

I agree that they use to <admin-profanity filter activated> with us hardcore, but they don't anymore.

ps. Why all the hate? I consider all Sikhs my brothers from the start, and some of you comeback with insults.

pss. I personally know the people that run the biggest gurudwara in chicago. Their is absolutely no talks of Khalistan whatsoever.