Why Do People Want Khalistan?

PunjabiBlaze

a lot of things happened a long time ago but that shouldnt mean we should forget and just because you havent faced any discrimination of racism there doesnt mean there is none, because ive seen on tv how sikhs and muslims cant even get job in a few places dominated by hindus and y would you call him a terrorist??????? whatever he did was for us would you have the guts to stand up for sikhi?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

veer ji i believe there is discrimination if you have family in punjab u kno even with a gud degree it is hard for any sikh to get a decent job! i have also been to punjab a few times in the past few yrs, and to say we face no discrimination when our brothers and sisters are treated like 2nd class citizens people are still being tortured etc just a few days ago mr khalra the sikh human rights activists who protested normally was killed in a fake encounter by the "butcher of punjab" do not be naiive enough to believe these things dnt happen! they are even clearly stated by the human rights organisation etc!

what power do we have that our rivers are running dry, that our education system is so bad, that the influx of drugs is not even being hindered! please do some research veer ji before coming up with a baseless argument!

p.s people shouldnt be rude to each other we are all here to learn!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

I don't think we are ready for it. If theoretically Sikhs got Khalistan now, i think it would be rife with corruption and casteism.

A lot of the citizens would have simply exchanged one set of oppressors for another. Unitil we can live up to the ideals of equality more truthfully we would simply have a mini India.

Simple questions that need serious addressing before anyone should open their mouths up about Khalistan:

What would the legal system be? Who would be enforcing it and what protection would citizens have against abuse and corruption which are so much a part of Sikh society right now.

Military wise. Firstly a big fight would need to take place to get it. Who will do the fighting. How will we know if they are strong enough to beat both Indian forces (which will have plenty of "Sikhs" on its side.) and potentially Pakistanis. Also, fostering such close relations with Paks, will it backfire in the long run?

What about diplomatic relations with outsiders? Are we going to have kharkoo types, brave but uneducated to meet with international representatives?

What about medical system and provisions?

What about the Khalistan education system? Right now I would say that Punjab has a dud education system. I've met so many people with "masters" from back home who basically had to simply recall material from a book at a written exam to get this "masters". No dissertation was involved.

Also importantly, would t be a conservative state? What about freedom of expression?

I'm probably a bit older than many here...the fact that most Khalistanis haven't even given these important issues serious thought should be setting alarm bells off. You want a country....do you know what is involved or are you simply hooked on a dream without giving it any material shape?

Feel free to constructively criticise!

a lot of things happened a long time ago but that shouldnt mean we should forget and just because you havent faced any discrimination of racism there doesnt mean there is none, because ive seen on tv how sikhs and muslims cant even get job in a few places dominated by hindus and y would you call him a terrorist??????? whatever he did was for us would you have the guts to stand up for sikhi?

First of all, your talking about holding a grudge. Which is also against our religion. Why force a conflict when its not needed? America whopped the Uk's <admin-profanity filter activated> 300+ years ago, should the UK still be <Edited>? What about the blacks in america? Anyone in the minority is going to be discriminated a little, but its not reason to start a new country. And I love the Sant Jarnail singh tried to help our people. *EDITED*. You might be alright living in the UK or wherever with a lot sikhs, but I am the only Sikh in my high school. I got into so many fights for people talking about turbans and what not, and I had no backup. I have even fought kids for calling hindus terrorists. Jarnail Singh was a hero, I agree, but he was also a *EDITED*. He tried to help us from things that he was doing to others. Open your mind up, *EDITED*

Mod Note: Pre Warning Given. You cannot called Sant Bhinderanwale a terrorist. Read rule and guidelines before start posting.

maybe so, but the police, the politicians, the schools, they are all run by punjabi sikhs. I just don't think Khalistan would be any better. And I don't think that we are getting preciduces in the career field in punjab. Maybe outside, but that would happen with any minority. The prime minister is a sikh and the chief of the army and the chief of the economy planning commision are sikh. This is all at a national level.

I think some of you may have been misled by others. I will base my arguements on now, because I live now. Some of you may be living in the past.

Guest Akirtghan

aa gaya ik hor rolleyes.gif

I think some of you may have been misled by others. I will base my arguements on now, because I live now. Some of you may be living in the past.
*EDITED*

My question is ( a rhetorical question) does this still happen? No, and it hasn't for years. The government has changed, police are new. Who do we fight? How do we get payback? The people responsible are no longer involved in India's politics. Punjab is controlled by Sikhs, the police, politicians. So we cant fight the local government.

How about the national government? First of all, they had nothing to do with that stuff. Manmohn Singh is now the prime minister. The chief of the army is also a sikh.

I realize we were treated like dogs. Sant Jarnail Singh helped settle the score, and it has been settled. Sikhs are india now.

My question is ( a rhetorical question) does this still happen? No, and it hasn't for years. The government has changed, police are new. Who do we fight? How do we get payback? The people responsible are no longer involved in India's politics. Punjab is controlled by Sikhs, the police, politicians. So we cant fight the local government.

How about the national government? First of all, they had nothing to do with that stuff. Manmohn Singh is now the prime minister. The chief of the army is also a sikh.

I realize we were treated like dogs. Sant Jarnail Singh helped settle the score, and it has been settled. Sikhs are india now.

There are other issues at play. Lost sovereignty. The natural impulse to want to govern and rule yourselves. Various attempts to subvert Sikhs defining themselves (Hindu marriage Act), Anandpur Resolution, Chandigarh, attacks on Singh Sabha reforms.