Why Do People Want Khalistan?

PunjabiBlaze

dal singh all your points are relevant i appluad you for atleast making an argument based on logic, but in my opinion hwoever flawed it may be i would say that even though khalistan would have problems like any other country i have enough faith in the followers of sikhi that we wouldnt be as bad as india is! as for punjabiblaze dude u say u beat up some people for calling hindus terrorists yet you call a sant a "murderer" even if you dnt have any respect for him surely you would kno that this would offend people? in civilised times thats the last 50 years or so no1 has really faced a genocide like the sikhs did only 30 yrs ago, the fact tht it is less then a generation away makes the hurt even more, blacks i would say feel tht the govt. is helping them, the laws are changing and so are peoples attitudes can u name a piece of legislation which has been changed to help the sikhs?

p.s i cnt believe your blase attitude to rape!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dal singh all your points are relevant i appluad you for atleast making an argument based on logic, but in my opinion hwoever flawed it may be i would say that even though khalistan would have problems like any other country i have enough faith in the followers of sikhi that we wouldnt be as bad as india is! as for punjabiblaze dude u say u beat up some people for calling hindus terrorists yet you call a sant a "murderer" even if you dnt have any respect for him surely you would kno that this would offend people? in civilised times thats the last 50 years or so no1 has really faced a genocide like the sikhs did only 30 yrs ago, the fact tht it is less then a generation away makes the hurt even more, blacks i would say feel tht the govt. is helping them, the laws are changing and so are peoples attitudes can u name a piece of legislation which has been changed to help the sikhs?

I don't think you read all my posts.

1. I have mad respect for what Sant Jarnail Singh was trying to do.

2. I said that what the government did was a horrible travesty and they deserved to be punished

3. The old police men and government that was responsible is no longer in charge.

4. Sikhs are in the main positions in the Indian Government

I am kind of sick of re posting everything I already said.

ps. Sikhs have no current problems that the national government can help. The people that need to help us is our own corrupt leaders in punjab. Only they can help education and whatnot.

I don't think you read all my posts.

1. I have mad respect for what Sant Jarnail Singh was trying to do.

2. I said that what the government did was a horrible travesty and they deserved to be punished

3. The old police men and government that was responsible is no longer in charge.

4. Sikhs are in the main positions in the Indian Government

I am kind of sick of re posting everything I already said.

ps. Sikhs have no current problems that the national government can help. The people that need to help us is our own corrupt leaders in punjab. Only they can help education and whatnot.

i did read all your posts, i kno you have respect for him but then you also call him a murderer surely a sign of disrespect wouldnt you say?! the govt. have not been punished for there acts and a lot of people in charge when 1984 happened frm tytler to kps gill are still around to say sikhs hold the top positions is grossly over judging what power they have! lol sikhs have no problem with the water issues which we are nt in charge of? the education issues btw education minister =hindu, the police issues? i think ure the 1 being misled veer ji!

bhul chuk maf :D

And do you know the conditions of the other indian states? Your only looking at a state level. Punjab is better off then a lot of other states in india. Our economy is among the best.

Perhaps a few people responsible are still in charge, It is the punjabi peoples choice to elect whoever they want. But KPS Gill helped keep punjab from all out riots. Sure he was insane, but a lot of people wanted those thugs and terrorists out of punjab. He did it. Hes retired now anyway, but most of the punjab population supported him. The education problem needs to be addressed, but is that the national government's fault??????????????

Do you dispute the fact that Jarnail singh was responsible for killings? I am not trying to offend anyone, I'm simply saying that he did not follow the guidelines of our religion. Do you think Guru Nanak would approve of what he did? Or any guru approve of what he did? I know he was trying to help, and he did, but he crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

The idea of Khalistan is that the National Government has it out for us. This is not the case. Punjab's problems lay in Punjab.

Sant Jarnail Singh has a cause and he had followers. But many people that weren't his followers used his name and his cause for their own gain. Thugs and looters and killers said they were down with Bindrawala's cause but they just wanted to cause ruckus. This is what escalated the problems for punjab. The government at the time was very wrong and overly aggressive. Both sides were wrong. Now both sides are down and gone.

I think that you should read some non-biased history books. Like Khuswant Singhs or one written by a white guy.

did this geeza just use unbiased and kushwant singh in the same sentence? and let me guess, i bet the other book u read was written by mark tully yeh? lolllllllllllllllllll. both tully and khuswant singh wer tight freinds and associates of indira gandhi and the indian govt. maybe its you that hould read a few unbiased bboks mate. everybook is gna lean towards 1 or the ova. try reading both sides. it sounds like u already kno wat u wanna believe tho. maybe u shud talk to ppl who lived through it and not believe just wat u read in a book.

And do you know the conditions of the other indian states? Your only looking at a state level. Punjab is better off then a lot of other states in india. Our economy is among the best.

Perhaps a few people responsible are still in charge, It is the punjabi peoples choice to elect whoever they want. But KPS Gill helped keep punjab from all out riots. Sure he was insane, but a lot of people wanted those thugs and terrorists out of punjab. He did it. Hes retired now anyway, but most of the punjab population supported him. The education problem needs to be addressed, but is that the national government's fault??????????????

Do you dispute the fact that Jarnail singh was responsible for killings? I am not trying to offend anyone, I'm simply saying that he did not follow the guidelines of our religion. Do you think Guru Nanak would approve of what he did? Or any guru approve of what he did? I know he was trying to help, and he did, but he crossed a line that shouldn't have been crossed.

The idea of Khalistan is that the National Government has it out for us. This is not the case. Punjab's problems lay in Punjab.

One thing that amazes me is that NO government has even attempted to reconcile Sikhs seriously! No arrests and convictions of the people that have been named as behind riots by multiple families of victims. Chandigarh still not given. We can visibly see investment in Southern India (which they deserve) but nothing in Punjab. Not even a gesture! Yes you could point out Manmohan Singh but even he was given the position by Sonia Gandhi.

You still haven't answered about the Hindu Marriage Act thing. You blame Jarnail Singh for that, but he was just being a Sikh soldier. He died fighting the army in a battle, not in any terrorist crap. If he killed Hindus for no reason than he was wrong, but where is the evidence he did that? What about all the Sikhs that got killed when teh army attacked and for all those years after. Are they acceptable losses whilst the Hindus are not?

Sat Sr Akal,

I have only one question why did army attack only on 6 June. Everyone knows its significence. The main reason was to kill maximum number of sikhs visiting golden temple on that auspacious day. Else army can easily plan its operation on 5 or 7.

The day of attack itself portrays all the intentions of indian army and leaders.

lol im also laughing at the fact youve just called kushwant singh non biased i have read from non biased sources and biased sources the fact i can tell the difference means ive read my fair share try cynthia mahmood for a unbiased view! the conditions of the others states are nt as bad as punjab yes punjab does look better then some states but this is mainly due to THE FACT that punjab is a prosperous state just behind Dehli in terms of affluence! however that is not translated in its economy or its investment, punjabs structure is still the same and dnt we all kno tht the government wud love to keep the punjabis as uneducated farmers!

youve gone from your stand point of no past representives being in charge to a few which atleast means youre listening! about 20-25% of the top people in power nw are still there or there abouts! as for kps gill the fact tht you can even try to argue tht what the dude did was good means you need to read up a bit more on the self labelled "butcher of punjab",

what line is it that sant ji crossed? like any man he made mistakes but to try n say he was responsible for the killings of thousands is kind of shifting the blame wudnt u say?! i think guru ji would approve that atleast some one stood up for sikhs who were being oppressed atleast someone made a difference, unlike you and me who campaign for change atleast this bhai did something!

punjabs problems do lie in punjab the damndest thing tho, guess who runs punjab NT US!

bhul chuk maf! :wub:

All I can add is that The Battle should have been outside the GOLDEN TEMPLE, because the Sikh militants where inside the complex it gave the indian government an excuse. (I am not sure what I said is right because I dont know if the Indian government was targetting the complex initially)