Why Do People Want Khalistan?

PunjabiBlaze

Guest Dancing Warrior
All I can add is that The Battle should have been outside the GOLDEN TEMPLE, because the Sikh militants where inside the complex it gave the indian government an excuse. (I am not sure what I said is right because I dont know if the Indian government was targetting the complex initially)

That’s a valid point. I can’t understand why the Jung was not fought away from built up areas, the public, and of course the Hari Mandir sahib?

bombs would still have landed on the parikrama anyway. Dancing Warrior i know that you know your history. during the panjabi morcha in the 60s the police went to arrest the morcha demonstrators at sgpc head office which is not too near the parikrama, but tear gas shells and bullets still hit the parikrama killing several people there. How could the ravan sena be so rubbish with their aim as to miss their targets by over a hundred metres? In 84 even if the war was outside bombs would still have fallen on Darbar Sahib.

Also i want to ask you as a supporter of Budha Dal and its Nihang traditions, why when the ravan sena in 1964 went to Gurdwara Paonta Sahib in Himachel pardesh, to clear the gurdwara of Nihangs, why did the Nihangs not fight their battle outside of the gurdwara, instaed the ravan sena entered gurdwara sahib and killed many Nihangs and casued other damage?

Thats a valid point as well ok? There was No built up area there, no or little public, but of course there was the glorious shrine of our Guru.

i look forward to your reply.

chatanga

Your answer to my question is !?

“bombs would still have landed on the parikrama anyway”

Er…ok!

I don’t think you have understood the question, the query or maybe I wasn’t clear.

However for the second incident you are stating in regards to Paonta Sahib can you please,

Open another thread and not try to deviate this one, The Budha Dal support thing very clever but totally transparent. State all the facts, not just the ones you have chosen to. Can you please state the incidents and History that built up to the said Incident, what happened during it? what happened after it? what was the future implications for the wider community, that are still being felt today?

Also as your synopsis unravels can you please show parallels clear and genuine ones between the two incidents, that will be very interesting.

I look forward to your reply, because I know you think you know your history.

DW :nihungsmile:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dancing Warrior
sant ji like anyone else was a normal man and as that he made mistakes, however the main blame must lie with the government and the fact this was planned any decent war strategist would say that the should have gone inside the complex as firstly the govt shouldnt have never attacked a holy shrine and because of the inter connected tunnels and the thousands of sadsanghat!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

The actions of the Government is not in dispute, any sane minded person knows full well what the government did and no one in their sane mind could argue in their corner and support their actions.

the singhs wer there to defend darbar sahib. even if sant ji wud hav left they still wud hav entered the complex to make sure sant had left. the idea was to kill sant and not to get him out of akal takht. so they wud hav entered still just like they did other gurdwaras in punjab to flush out all militants. wat right do they hav to enter darbar sahib? none at all. sant and the other shaheed singhs stayed in darbar sahib to defend it and try to stop the army entering which wud have been sacrilige. yeh i kno wat u gna say in the end more sacrilige was done but sant done the right thing standing up to the govt and showed them that harminder sahib is not their and there army cant enter wen they want.

Guest Narinder Singh

People wouldnt have been present if Sant Bhindranwale fought outside Sri Darbar Sahib???

If he went to Anandpur Sahib people would've said why didnt he leave Anandpur Sahib?

The point is that there was a huge struggle taking place, the biggest one since indian independence, what better place to spearhead a struggle than from the supreme authority of the Sikhs; Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

If there were to be a huge movement to take place in the US, it would be from the White House, England; The Parliment, for the Sikhs its Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

And keep in mind that thirty plus other gurdwareh were also attacked, so the argument "if Sant Bhindranwale left Sri Darbar Sahib, it wouldnt have been attacked" doesnt stand at all.

Fateh.

Guest Dancing Warrior
People wouldnt have been present if Sant Bhindranwale fought outside Sri Darbar Sahib???

If he went to Anandpur Sahib people would've said why didnt he leave Anandpur Sahib?

The point is that there was a huge struggle taking place, the biggest one since indian independence, What better place to spearhead a struggle than from the supreme authority of the Sikhs; Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

If there were to be a huge movement to take place in the US, it would be from the White House, England; The Parliment, for the Sikhs its Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Fateh.

At the price of non-combatants? Is this the way of the Khalsa?

Guest Narinder Singh

The point is that there was a huge struggle taking place, the biggest one since indian independence, What better place to spearhead a struggle than from the supreme authority of the Sikhs; Sri Akal Takht Sahib?

Fateh.

At the price of non-combatants? Is this the way of the Khalsa?

The fact that Sri Darbar Sahib was attacked is entirely the fault of the Indian government, not the Sikhs and Sant Bhindranwale, we should be asking the indian government that question, not our fellow sikhs who died to uphold the honor of the sikh nation.

Sikhs fought a defensive battle, completely defensive, yet you question them when it comes to non-combatants?? They were probably asking the indian government the same thing!

Guest Dancing Warrior

I said before the government actions are inexcusable full stop and remain so that is not disputed.

But Two wrongs don’t make a right.

Where ever Gurus Khalsa goes and conducts itself the people should feel and see the shade of Humanity, Tolerance, Equality to name a few of the Khalsa’s Qualities. The people should never fear The Khalsa, The Khalsa is the servant of the weak, poor and helpless. In my opinion the only true Khalsa was Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself, as human beings we are all fallible and when we are we should be transparent in our self realisation.

Guru is judge of all, all victories are his, we live of his valour and sacrifice.

Akaal.

Guest Narinder Singh

Right, and your point?

Are you implying that those Singhs wanted a battle, that they wanted bloodshed?

Thirty plus other gurdwareh were also attacked, so an attack on Sri Darbar Sahib was certain regardless of whether sant bhindranwale and the other singhs left. The army would've killed a bunch of innocent non-combatants, put guns in their hands and listed them off as terrorists killed (which they actually did), and thats exactly what happened through out punjab after operation blue star.

Fateh.

Guest Dancing Warrior

We can only work with facts and with the ability or opportunity to understand and judge an event or experience after it has occurred. So “what ifs” cant work here.

The governments actions are well known even today it continues, that’s not disputed.

Guest Narinder Singh

There are no "what if's", sant bhindranwale and his singhs (the ones the govt. supposedly went in to wipe out) were not at the other gurdwareh that were attacked, so it doesnt matter if they left sri darbar sahib, it would've been attacked regardless.

And there are no "what if's" when it comes to the govt. killing innocents but claiming to have killed terrorists, it actually happened.

Fateh.