Whats Up With Havelock Singh Sabha Gurudwara Southall?

wjkk wjkf

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I've been in Heston/Southall for a while and will be most of August. Been going to both Gurudwaras everyother day. I noticed that there's not much sangat at Havelock Gurudwara (new one) and loads at Park Avenue. tongue.gif Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this. I couldn't work one out, or is it people just got used to going to Park Ave.? I don't know anyone here and wanted to know where to meet good sangat n stuff cos I've been soo bored lol.... :wub:

I think car park is an issue too. At park ave, ur guaranteed a space and also if ur in a rush parking at Park Ave is just easier. At Havelock rd, its wait for those traffic light things, park underground, walk all the way up. Or maybe I'm too lazy?? lol! but for older sangat it's more of an issue as you then are faced with quite a flight of stairs upto the Darbar sahib...

Guest Akirtghan

^^ that gurudwara is tooooooooo big man, too many different halls in it. what were thse guys thinking making a building so huge? and that too with so many stairs !!!! :wub:

I've been in Heston/Southall for a while and will be most of August. Been going to both Gurudwaras everyother day. I noticed that there's not much sangat at Havelock Gurudwara (new one) and loads at Park Avenue. tongue.gif Just wondering if there's a specific reason for this. I couldn't work one out, or is it people just got used to going to Park Ave.? I don't know anyone here and wanted to know where to meet good sangat n stuff cos I've been soo bored lol.... :wub:

I soo agree even on Bandi-Shorr Divas Park Ave Gurdwara was just full of people Metha teking and then off they go but at Havelock Street they actually had Dhadis and people were sitting instead of just doing the obligatory metha!

I was discussing this issue just recently with fellow sangat and we felt that Park Ave is just used as a Nice Gurdwara to get married in and do Akand Paths when others are full, Havelock Road is actually where the sangat and atmosphere is.

They should have built it in Uxbridge, i tell ya man there is need of a Gurdwara.

waheguru fateh ji,

these days havelock gurdwara in major chardikla, come mariage hall in evenings and you'll get the atmosphere where young sikhs and elders all jap naam together for hours .....and then do sukasan together and mornings too....its unmissable basically WAHEGRUU...