Guru's On Hindu God's

G.I JATT

I just wanted to know what Guru Nanak and the following gurus taught us about hindu gods. as it says not to belive in ram, rahim and quaran, i just came across a topic as a panji quoted on some quotes on hindu GOD's from the Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaaj.

beacause i never believed in any of them, i thaught they dident even exist.

The name of the Hindu god Shri Ram, is recited 2,400 times, (the gods name whose constant repetition leads to salvation).

Hari (Vishnu) over 8,300 times, 630 times by Guru Nanak alone,

Parabrahman, 550 times, Omkara, (the primeval sound of OM) 400 times.

Please note the names of countless other Hindu gods are also mentioned and are one and the same.

In contrast the name Mohammed is never mentioned and the name allah is used but a couple of times, merely as an example. It is interesting to note that the Granth itself contains banis from seven of the sikh gurus, two muslim Sufis, but EIGHTEEN Hindu saints and pandits.

DID GURU NANAK REALLY RACITE HIS NAME?

I don't know if it really was said, but I do know that Guru Nanak didn't mean to create a new religion, only to reform Islam and Hinduism.

Maybe Guru Nanak only used those names as a referance to something else. Or maybe so it can appeal to Hindus...which most of our ancestors probably were...or muslim.

I don't know if it really was said, but I do know that Guru Nanak didn't mean to create a new religion, only to reform Islam and Hinduism.

Maybe Guru Nanak only used those names as a referance to something else. Or maybe so it can appeal to Hindus...which most of our ancestors probably were...or muslim.

yh it is confusing, i heard it was a way of life back in the days. was it his followers that created a whole new identity.

Guest Akirtghan
yes i'm sure he told you that rolleyes.gif

again, by just reading the english translations, you are hitting your own foot, as you get confused.

i feel like laying one real hard slap on the person who wrote that guru sahib worshiped hindu "gods" :D and no i'm not going to bother proving he did not :wub:

fateh

punjabiblaze you seem really confused try sikhitothemax for a good translation of bani! the stuff your saying is usually what u find the hut mslim extremists saying as the try to convert sikh/hinu girls! as for guru ji trying to appeal to the hindus i think thats been proven disastrously wrong like the rest of your post!

bhul chuk maf :wub:

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

The word Ram was used for Lord or Almighty even before Dashrath putra ram chandra was born.

His name actually meant Moon of the lord as chandra means moon in sanskrit.

The word har/hari also implies god, I know its also one of the names of vishnu but the har/hari gurus and bhagats refer to in SGGS is the former.

Guru Sahib is unequivocal in rejecting worshipping of all gods & godesses :

Devi deva poojiye kya maango kya deh

Worshipping gods and godesses is futile - what can you ask and what can they give ?

Idol worship is condemned by bhagat namdev as follows

Ek pathar dharie pao duje pathar keeje bhao

Je Eh dev to Oh bhi Deve Kaho Namdev ham har ki sewa

You step on one stone and worship another. If one is god so is another - says Namdev is immersed in serving one lord.