Non Sikh Wearing Kara

Guest Harbhajan Kaur

• 1 year later...
Guest Kaye Affresco

I think atheists should be able to wear hijabs. Sikhs should be allowed to use the book 'God is not great' as a door stop. That Christians should be allowed to wear turbans and Muslims allowed to sunbathe topless.

I believe in tolerance. I like Sikhism and buddhism and some Shinto etc... I like to pick and mix. I have no religion. I never came 'into' this world and I will never 'leave' it. I am a pinch of nothing that enables everything. Like the smallest atoms.

Wear the bangle. Just be nice.

if it's worn to mislead someone into thinking you are a sikh or from a family of sikhs,then that's where the problem arises.

Many cases in Midlands UK, where suley wearing kara to mislead young girls so that they can groom them !

Then we have to educate our girls to really recognise what a Sikh is like and teach them to not go looking for human love outside of marriage but rely on nourishing their souls with divine love from bani

If you want wear one. Many so called Sikhs wear one through social loyalties with no respect nor any understanding.

Sorry but some of these opinions make me despair - If any one is offended they need to do get a life.

• 7 months later...
Guest Dilip Singh Kumar

It is all idiotic of people who carry negative thoughts and separate all religions and such low thinking results downfall if our concious and in the face of our world. Fanatisim is not required by our faith and it is abolished and yet till occurs and Cast/ creed still exist. Why do we always need a topic to say no and yes to people let some on do why they want and if you cannot say anything good atleast don't say negative things and let the almighty be the judge of good or bad.

The best answer I have seen! It doesn't matter who wears it in my opinion because even though our Guru abolished caste system it still exists in Sikhism for some stupid reason, everyone is equal! And Until people stop believing in caste systems there will be no end to evil! I feel sorry for people who believe in caste systems and feel sorry when or if you judged before mighty GOD! How can we judge someone wearing a kara or anyone for that matter! Before you judge anyone think what you have done in the past, before blaming fingers! WGJK WJKF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It is about God and doing good.

Thats essentially few things a amritdhari is supposed to do....and she mentioned that she is NOT going to take amrit.

Also, KARA was here ages before sikhism. ANYBDY can wear it. I know it has some special meaning in sikhi....but that doest mean it belongs ONLY to sikhs......OPEN YOUR MIND singho.

That makes some sense....