Non Sikh Wearing Kara

Guest Harbhajan Kaur

• 5 years later...
Guest Gian Atma

Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself said ‘There is no Hindu, there is no muslim’

Why do we seek to discriminate over the wearing of the Kara? If you wish to wear a Kara and furthermore respect and honour it’s origin, if you resonate with it’s meaning and it aids you in your journey to discover divinity, it’s my humble opinion that you ought to wear it. There is too much division in this world, Sikhi is not a faith that seeks to divide, all are welcome and all are respected and loved equally.

G

On 8/5/2021 at 2:32 PM, Guest Gian Atma said:

Guru Nanak Dev Ji himself said ‘There is no Hindu, there is no muslim’

Why do we seek to discriminate over the wearing of the Kara? If you wish to wear a Kara and furthermore respect and honour it’s origin, if you resonate with it’s meaning and it aids you in your journey to discover divinity, it’s my humble opinion that you ought to wear it. There is too much division in this world, Sikhi is not a faith that seeks to divide, all are welcome and all are respected and loved equally.

G

You need to wake up out of lalaland. There have been people wearing karas pretending to be Sikh, to trap gullible Sikh girls. It's a symbol of Sikh identity, and respect for steel from which weapons are made, as well as a reminder of the Sikhi conceptualisation of Waheguru as Sarbloh. 

I don't know where people get all these other fancy interpretations from??