Gutka Sahib

Guest _just someone_

Guest _just someone_

wjkk wjkf

sangat ji,

i have come across on many threads that if u do paat with a gutka sahib then u shudnt sit on the floor if someone is higher than u etc.

so can sanagt ji, can u plzz give me some guidelines of why and how i should respect my gutka sahib ji.

thanks alot.

wjkk wjkf

pull chuk marf

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest keep sucham

Gutka should be kept in a high place when not doing paath and covered in rumalla.

Hands must be washed propaly with soap up to your elbows (included your kara or nething you are wearing) at least 3/4 times including the tap. After washing your hands you mustnt touch anything else to keep sucham. Wear a hazooriya to keep your hands suche, one sucha side and one joota side (when u need to open a door or something).

When reading from your gutka you should sit in a higher place if anybody else in the room (i.e bed or even chair). Your gutka should still be covered with your rumalla while reading and if you have one, use a rail (gutka stand).

say phatehi when opening your gutka sahib, you are saying phatehi to maharaj. When reading bani do not touch anything else (face, feet, floor etc) and also do not follow the bani with your finger when reading. this is satkaar for bani.

sorry for any mistakes, plz correct me if i am incorrect or left anything out. im suprised nobody has replied to this post but when it comes with the bakwaas posts loads of ppl reply to it.... hmm oh wells eh.

maybe its because the exact same question was only just asnwered recently in the general discussions post, before posting if you use the search function youll usually find these topic answers!

fateh

Gutka should be kept in a high place when not doing paath and covered in rumalla.

Hands must be washed propaly with soap up to your elbows (included your kara or nething you are wearing) at least 3/4 times including the tap. After washing your hands you mustnt touch anything else to keep sucham. Wear a hazooriya to keep your hands suche, one sucha side and one joota side (when u need to open a door or something).

When reading from your gutka you should sit in a higher place if anybody else in the room (i.e bed or even chair). Your gutka should still be covered with your rumalla while reading and if you have one, use a rail (gutka stand).

say phatehi when opening your gutka sahib, you are saying phatehi to maharaj. When reading bani do not touch anything else (face, feet, floor etc) and also do not follow the bani with your finger when reading. this is satkaar for bani.

sorry for any mistakes, plz correct me if i am incorrect or left anything out. im suprised nobody has replied to this post but when it comes with the bakwaas posts loads of ppl reply to it.... hmm oh wells eh.

ohmy.gif does everyone else do this? i dont wash up to my elbows. i just wash my hands with soap. and i am not so strict about touching doors either.

I have a question, if the gutka is getting old and falling apart is it ok to use glue/sellotape to keep it together?

fateh

yh and whereever ur sitting-be it on floor or sofa or bed etc, u shud have a clean sheet placed on top, only for wen u reading gurbani

if ur sitting on bed u shud b facing the direction in which ur pillows are in 4 satkaar of bani and if u got gutkas in ur room then dont place dem sumwhere ur feet will be facing wen ur sleeping or near stuff like tvs n that.try n put dem in highest place possible

and do panj isnaan before touching ur gutka

dont let the gutka touch ur body or clothes or let the ramallas touch ur clothes

if ur sitting on bed u shud b facing the direction in which ur pillows
reason? :wub: this is the 2nd time i'm hearing this

As far as I know, its becuase a pillow is where you lay your head, the highest part of your body. By this its giving GuruJee Sathkaar. I think thats the point - I can't remember where I read the proper point grin.gif

WOW WAHEGURU JI !! ... thanks ive learned a lot although i didnt post , cus i must admit i dnt even do hardly anything! and tuch ma face and eveything whislt readin bani and stuff!

waheguru

ohmy.gif does everyone else do this? i dont wash up to my elbows. i just wash my hands with soap. and i am not so strict about touching doors either.

I have a question, if the gutka is getting old and falling apart is it ok to use glue/sellotape to keep it together?

fateh

Woah Bhajee man i wouldn't use sellotape or glue, i'd get another Gutkaa Saahb and keep the Gutkaa thats in that condition covered with other Gutk'eh u have.

Guest baba amarjeet singh

not so sure about the pillow thing

what if u dont use pillows

and about the clean sheet when sitting down, hmmm, as long as ur hands are clean, and the ramala touchin the gutka is clean, then thts fine. like sitting on the floor in ur bedroom is fine.