Gutka Sahib

Guest _just someone_

I recently came across a theory that the rumaal in which you keep the Gutka wrapped should be kept between your palm and the Gutka during paath. The Gutka shoudn't be bare while reciting paath. I guessed it would be little inconvenient as the Gutka would keep slipping off, but hey, the more satkaar the better. What do you guys say? Or is everything getting too ritualized in Sikhi?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently came across a theory that the rumaal in which you keep the Gutka wrapped should be kept between your palm and the Gutka during paath. The Gutka shoudn't be bare while reciting paath. I guessed it would be little inconvenient as the Gutka would keep slipping off, but hey, the more satkaar the better.

whenever guru saheb makes me do that way.. it becomes a little too scary :D

I recently came across a theory that the rumaal in which you keep the Gutka wrapped should be kept between your palm and the Gutka during paath. The Gutka shoudn't be bare while reciting paath. I guessed it would be little inconvenient as the Gutka would keep slipping off, but hey, the more satkaar the better.

whenever guru saheb makes me do that way.. it becomes a little too scary :D

You said it bro!! :WW:

• 9 months later...
if ur sitting on bed u shud b facing the direction in which ur pillows are in 4 satkaar of bani and if u got gutkas in ur room then dont place dem sumwhere ur feet will be facing wen ur sleeping or near stuff like tvs n that.try n put dem in highest place possible

Does this remind anyone else of Guru Nanak Dev ji in Mecca? The more time that passes, the more Sikhi seems to adopt the very ideas the Gurus opposed.

I fully understand bani should be respected, but am I the only one that thinks this is getting a little too dogmatic?

Do you really think you are cleaner by not touching doors? How clean is the towel you used to dry your hands? Bacteria and microbes are everywhere. Wash your hands for sure, but you don't have to avoid touching a doorknob to get to the room where you keep gutkas. That seems a bit extreme to me.

Remember, the Gurus emphasized cleanliness of the soul.

Yes even i was thinking the same way. Where is the such soul. people are getting into keeping everything else clean.

we know we consider gurbani as our guru but by not washing our hands till our elbows or four times or not sitting on a higher place we are not neccerarily disrespecting our guru. Have forgotten how much importance our guru has given to dhana bhagat because of his clean soul.