Keshi Ishnaan

Why is it wrong to do nitnem with kesh open but covered with keski???

i dont think its wrng....

well nrmally i do kesi ishnan first nd i use ma keski as kamakassa as it is helpful to hold ur sri shaib arnd waist nd to place kanga in it... nd den i tie new keski nd place ma kanga nd kirpan on keski...(wash ma kanga evryday aswell)) nd den i do sarir ishnan ... nd while doin all ishnaan m doin mulmantar jaap as panj pyare said... (well m tryin to) ... nd den i leave ma hair open jus covered by keski nd do ma nitnem nd simran.... nd afta finish dis straightway i jump bak to bed for another 1 hour ... coz ma hair tuk roughly more den 3 hrs to dry nd while sleepin i jus leave ma hair open ....

and another thing i wanna share as i personally think hairdryers r nt gud really(well nt mine offcors) coz nrmally we do kesi ishnaan so dat our head stay cool while doin simran nd nitnem as it really helps when we meditate as most of d singhs do kesi ishnaan wit cold water.... bt dis hairdryers makes our head warm again lol... oda i dunno much abt hairdryers coz dis is ma first one nd it gives hott air so better leave ur hair for dryin in natural way...

NOW SANGAT JIII PLS CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG NEWHERE COZ M NEW HUNA... CHANGA JIII

BHUL CHUK MAAF

Well, ... I think your correct from what I know! :TH:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

waheguru ji gursikho.. ive seen mahapursh doin d same ting after keshi ishnaan d cover hear wit keski like bibis do wit their dupatta.. head mus b coverd..we cn do our nitnem no prob jioo.if sme singh sayin dnt do path while ur hair open den ask tat singh tat den we shudnt even drink water bcos fish live in it..we hav to go peshi den.. yes keep rehat but no point bein so strict too.. tink jio..

Do you really think that akaaaal purkh vaaheguroojee is gonna look at whether your head is covered or not when you do nitnem? Doing nitnem is a personal thing you should do your nitnem daily to try and merge your soul with akaal purkh and not worry about such things, when doing your nitnem cover your kes or don't cover them, its your choice, finish your nitnem then sajaa your dumalla with two or three keskis and a vaddi dastaar on top.

Do you really think that akaaaal purkh vaaheguroojee is gonna look at whether your head is covered or not when you do nitnem? Doing nitnem is a personal thing you should do your nitnem daily to try and merge your soul with akaal purkh and not worry about such things, when doing your nitnem cover your kes or don't cover them, its your choice, finish your nitnem then sajaa your dumalla with two or three keskis and a vaddi dastaar on top.

Haanji, as far as I know, according to Rehat, we are only supposed not to eat/distribute food, go outside, do any seva or lie down without a covered head. To my (extremely limited) knowledge there's nothing regarding doing Nitnem with/without your head covered, someone please say if there is. I personally like to keep my head covered very lightly with a Keski, chunni style, while my Kesh dry (sometimes take it off to shake Kesh and scalp otherwise they don't dry lol).

Jasbir Kaur using Bhajee's account

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh

Okay this topic just got really interesting...this is not in any way form or shape a attack to 'Akaali' bhajee/bhenjee but are you suggesting that wholly becuase in Gurbanee it does not state 'cover your Kes whilst reading Gurbanee' we have the free-will to do it without covering our heads? Like I said before this is not an attack just a thought - I may have gone to deep into it diliberately but just veechaar.

My thoughts on this is; yes whilst doing Simran we can allow our Kes to dry etc and not cover our heads but when literally HOLDING Gurbanee in our hands (Gotkaa Saahb) our Kes SHOULD be covered. I say this due to the fact it shows Sathkaar. Look at it this way - whenever a male is present a woman quickly covers her head - 1. respect for her OWN respect 2. respect for the male. When we go to the Gurdvara - obviously we all cover our heads - sign of respect. Most the time when we go to do mathaa tehk we don't even see Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee we can just see the Rumale Saahb and the Thakath Saahb - now when our Gotkaa Saahb is open and Gurbanee is Parkaash infront of us - do you not think we should cover our Kes then?

This Gursikh once said (I think it was Gurujot Singh bhajee from that website that said or was quoting someone else i dont remember now - something about this once) literally tested this out:

He or someone he was talking about had tied his Dhurmalaa nice and proper you know saj baj keh thyaar bar thyaar and sat down to do his Nith'nem. There was the abilitiy to:

- concentrate (more than usually)

- sit properly

- Enough time spent on our Nith'nem - not worry whether my Kes will dry and have enough time to tie my Dhurmalaa before going about our daily duties etc

the second part of the experiment was made up of him doing Nith'nem (supposidly the next day) with his Kes totally out, wet Kes just hanging. There was the ability to:

- decrease measures of concentration (looking at the colour of our Kes, length, wetness whilst doig our Nith'nem)...and then that sudden water droplet drops on your arm and its wet! so you go to rub it with your Hajooree'yaa or against your leg

- not being able to sit properly - wet hair/towel touching the back feeling icky when it sticks to you

- RUSHING our Nith'nem - Just finished Jap'Jee Saahb, just coming to the ending Angs of Jaap Saahb - quick look at the clock realising you have Tav Parsaad Svay'yeh, Chaupai Saahb AND Anandh Saahb to do you rush!!!

I don't know what am saying but somewhere there theres veechaar on respect and simple comments of possible human behaviour.

Also, I don't know how it is with everyone but our Panj K'Kaar are supposed to be with us right - somehow It should not feel comfortable with theKangaa around thewaist in the Kam'r'k'saa. The Keskee is not tied into the Kes and the Kangaa not being underneath the Boongaa and above our Dhasam Dhuaar how is a person feel thyaar bar thyaar let alone feeling attemptful to concentrate on Naam Jaap.

A Gursikh is regarded as being thyaar bar thyaar right - imagine by chance whilst your doing your Nith'nem something happens (natural disaster (fire, earthquake anything - Vaaheguroo) - what chance have we got of running to get the rest of the Gotkeh Saahb or for those that have Maaraaj's Parkaash at home - how will you get the Maaraaj's Saroop out with you in a position where you literally un-ready - your Kes is everywhere - how many things can you do in order to get the Gotkeh Saahb and/or Maaraaj's Saroop out and the worry of getting your family out safely etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, somebody said something about how whether it was alright to start there Nithnem whilst doing Ishnaan:

I THINK it was BhramGyanee Santh Baba Gurbachan Singh Jee Khalsaa Bhinra'nVale who was asked by someone 'Why do you start your Nith'nem as soon as you get up and start doing Ishnaan?' Santh Jee's reply was 'by the time we get up and are doing ishnaan we already make so many mistakes without realising etc'.

Doing Nith'nem whilst doing Ishnaan out after your Ishnaan - either ways fine BUT down to what your Panj Pyare' have said do what they said - I think the majority of Panj Pyare tend to say do Simran but you know what your Panj Pyare have said.

Vaaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsaa Vaaheguroo Jee Kee Fatheh

lolll nice post above :goodpost:

however i would also like to add number 9-11 from the Budha Dal Rehat Maryada fron the Budha Dal Gutka (stole it from the nihung rehat thread):

9. When bathing the hair can be washed with yogurt

10. When drying the hair keep a small patka on

11. When drying the hair it must not be laid back, but should be combed to the sides with a blue keski

so i believe in the above! also i found out that u should keep ur hair upright wen its wet, so tie a towel-dastaar thingy lol! =D

Jasbir Kaur, that's a load of nonsense. You're saying it's OK to do Nitnem during Ishaan when your head obviously isn't covered but not whilst sitting down with a Gutka Sahib when your head isn't covered? And that it's OK to recite the name of God bareheaded but not to read Gurbani? Rubbish. Before you say, I'm not saying you go and do Akhand Paat roll bareheaded, but be sensible.

If I (or anyone else with long thick hair) were to do what you are saying, I would probably have to do Simran for around 3 hours (which I should do anyway, anyway...) with my Kesh open so that they can dry properly and then tie my Dastaar become "saj baj keh thyaar bar thyaar" and then begin Nitnem? Or should I tie my Dastaar whilst Kesh are still damp and have my Dastaar and head feeling "icky" while I do Nitnem and all day after that?

If this was an issue, Guru Sahib would have had a Rehat made out of it (with regards to my earlier post).