Where Sant Isher Singh Rara Sahib Passed Away Is There....

sahib singh

i was under the impression that he passed away in saad sangat @ gurdwara taath sahib, wolverhampton!

There were a series of divans that took place in Wolverhampton. The sangat hired out a community centre to hold the divaans in. Sant Isher Singh Ji did their last divaan that evening and they passed away next morning in the gursikh's house mentioned earlier.

It was the wish of everyone that the place of their last divan be kept, so it was decided by Baba Amar Singh and they brought the community centre, as they too wished to preserve this yaadgar. The original Nanaksar Thaath building was the old community centre, but this has now been rebuilt into a larger gurdwara at the same place.

At the end of this month (August Bank Holiday) the barsi's of Baba Nand Singh Kaleran Wale and Baba Isher Singh RareWale wil take place as they have done ever since 1975.

Gurfateh !

Sant ji left their physical body on 26 August 1975 , Wolverhampton UK

Here are some Pictures

dsc02390gt6.jpg

Arrival at Heathrow Airport 1975

dsc02391av5.jpg

2 days before Sant Ji left their physical body

dsc02392ds9.jpg

Aakhri Darshan

dsc02393ib9.jpg

dsc02394qo2.jpg

dsc02395cj8.jpg

dsc02396na6.jpg

The 'Jal Parwa' in the Satluj River - near Bagaur Sahib Gurdwara Punjab

dsc02398vu9.jpg

dsc02397bd7.jpg

Some short video clips

Sant Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale Hitchin, UK 1974 - 'Me Jan Tera' - Includes the glorious 'tune' (sorry I don't know the correct term) Sant Ji would play before kirtan - It is Hypnotic - it was my first introduction to Sikhi.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...67&hl=en-GB

Dharna - "Maia Vich(i) Udasi" - Sant Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Vale - Luton, Bedfordshire UK - 27 June 1975

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...61&hl=en-GB

I was at this Divan - if you look carefully you can see me at the front ( not very clear but my Mum recognises my rumaal covered Joora! ) - I was very little but I still remember it - That divan was a momumental moment in my life. I learned the names of the Guru Sahiban from the Guru Ustotar, Sant Ji would sing after Anand Sahib - it is still one of my favourites - (as kids we would call it the 'Dhan Hai' Shabad )

Gurfateh

Ranjit Singh 'Freed'

Oh yeah the "dhan hai dhan hai" shabad - first time I heard that (about a year ago) I started crying right the way through. SOOOOOOOOOOOOo beautiful.

Been to the house in Wolves many times. They have Maharaj sitting in the same room as Sant Ji slept (I think he did - there's a bed with his pic on it). It's a nice house and the Gursikhs who live there and look after it are really welcoming.

Lots of pics of many Sants there.

Wow, great post... I've never seen those pictures before.

Respect to Sant Amar Singh Ji for resurrecting the Gurdwara there. On my recent visit [back] to the UK, I went to the Thath and just as I heard a million times before my visit, there definitely is a 'special presence' at that location.

Wow, great post... I've never seen those pictures before.

Respect to Sant Amar Singh Ji for resurrecting the Gurdwara there. On my recent visit [back] to the UK, I went to the Thath and just as I heard a million times before my visit, there definitely is a 'special presence' at that location.

The house where Sant Ji maharaj left their eartly body is preserved in their memory and it is open for sangats darshan every weekend. Every year on the occasion of barsi there is akhand path held in loving memory of sant ji maharaj

These Images of Sant Ji are amazing, just having Sant Ji's Darshan is a blessing of a life time.

I remember Sant Baba Mann Singh Ji once saying,

"Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji had so much Kamai such that many people became Sants just by doing their sangat and having their Darshan".

Dhan Dhan Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Maharaj Rara Sahib Wale.