Guru Arjan Dev: The Koran And The Guru's Martyrdom

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Gurbani never disses entire religions, lets claify that. Gurbani only states that those false followers of those faiths, those that call themselves muslim without knowing what it means, those that are hindu but cannot explain why... they themselves are false.

Those are the people guru speaks of. Our gurus would not have had themselves killed, tortured, burned alive if they did not believe that belief in religion, ANY RELIGION, is something to stand up for.

And to the comment earlier about somehow it is bad that Muslims believe that Mohammad is their final messenger...

Ask any Christian, he will say Jesus is their final messenger (yet we don't talk about them like this).

Ask any Sikh, and Guru Gobind Singh is our final messenger (and we certainly don't think otherwise).

So what right do we have to chide those that believe in their messenger?? They are all messengers of God!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Bikramjit bhaji,

i read the Guru Granth Sahib Darpan by Prof. Sahib Singh....and after reading it for a while i still found that the essence of what Bhagat Kabir ji is saying is that Quran (or other scriptures) are not wrong. True, in the Shabads he points out that Muslims and Hindus do rituals...but i believe Bhagat Kabir ji is asking Muslims and Hindus why they do what they do....if they have any answar. if they have a answar then they are not false, since they know their scriptures...and know the meaning of it. for them doing all the things, such as pilgrimage is not a ritual if they know why they are doing and HAVE LOVE FOR GOD in their heart. jee, Bhagat Kabir ji say that those who have not found God in their hearts would not find it far away in Mecca either....nor will Hindus find God in idols....because they do not have God in their hearts.

i believe this is something similar to what Khalsa4ever jee said.

Bhaji i understand punjabi okey, and i tried by best to understand the Shabads now...if i am still at the wrong track forgive me.

From Pannaa 1349 Bhagat Kabir jis Bani starts...i started to read the Viakya Prof. Sahib Singh from their till 1350 where Bhagat Kabir ji ki Bani ends in that Raag.

never said diss any other religion... as long as we realize that their are organizations out there which have the sole aim of destroying sikhi.

we must be aware and vigilant. guru sahib taught us this...we're not the one's to turn the other cheek when under attack.

by the same token we must only use force when absolutely necessary.

i think we should respect other religions but let's not forget that the khalsa is the image of dashmesh pita. we embody him.

so to claim all religions are equal to me is a silly attempt at political correctness while hoping people will like you for it.

could someone explain me the line in guru gobind singhs bani (swayias or chaupai) "the hindus have set up false religions".

please read the quran for yourself. its not exactly a long read so you should be able to handle it. then you can come to an informed decision on whether or not it speaks the truth.

there is truth in all religion, because praising god by nature is a "true" act, but there are plenty of contradictions between gurbani and hindu scriptures or gurbani and quran, one obviously has to be right on an issue, so the other must obviously be wrong.........?

could someone explain me the line in guru gobind singhs bani (swayias or chaupai) "the hindus have set up false religions".

please read the quran for yourself. its not exactly a long read so you should be able to handle it. then you can come to an informed decision on whether or not it speaks the truth.

there is truth in all religion, because praising god by nature is a "true" act, but there are plenty of contradictions between gurbani and hindu scriptures or gurbani and quran, one obviously has to be right on an issue, so the other must obviously be wrong.........?

i think its the last Stanza of Swaiya

'Koo Botan ko Poojat hai Paas'

or the wholepauri 9 in Swaiye Sahib :)

Bhull chukk maaf :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

THIS HAS A SMALL REFERENCE TO S. BIKRAM JIT SINGH'S REPLY TO MY POST.

SINGH SAHIB, YOU HAVE MENTIONED, THAT WALI KHAN, THE NAWAB OF MALERKOTLA, WHO RAISED A LOUD VOICE OF 'HA' WHEN THE BELOVED YOUNGER TWO SAHIBZADAS, SAHIBZADA ZORAWAR SINGH AND SAHIBZADA FATEH SINGH WERE BEING BURIED ALIVE IN THE WALL, WAS THE SAME PERSON WHO FOUGHT WITH BABA BANDA BAHDUR, AND WAS KILLED WHILE FIGHTING WITH HIM. I THINK THAT YOUR KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE CORRECT. AS FAR AS MY INFORMATION GOES, WALI KHAN WAS ALSO THE NAME OF SUBA SARHAND, WHO WAS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE HEINOUS CRIME, THE SAME PERSON CONSPIRED FORTAKING THE LIFE OF DASMESH PITA AND SENT THE KILLERS FROM PUNJAB, CHASING GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB, WHO ATTACKED HIM AT NANDER. BABA BANDA BAHADUR TOOK ARMS AGAINST HIM CAME ALL THE WAY FROM SOUTH AFTER GETTING THE DICTATES FROM GURU JI AND KILLED HIM IN THE BATTLE FIELD .

NAWAB OF MALERKOTLA AND HIS DYNESTY TILL DATE GETS FULL REGARD FROM THE GURU NANAK - GURU GOBIND SINGH NAM LEVAS.

I AM SUBJECT TO CORRECTION BY ANY OF THE WELL WISHERS AND WRITERS OF THIS FORUM

JAGJIT SINGH

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Harjagjeet

THIS HAS A SMALL REFERENCE TO S. BIKRAM JIT SINGH'S REPLY TO MY POST.

SINGH SAHIB, YOU HAVE MENTIONED, THAT WALI KHAN, THE NAWAB OF MALERKOTLA, WHO RAISED A LOUD VOICE OF 'HA' WHEN THE BELOVED YOUNGER TWO SAHIBZADAS, SAHIBZADA ZORAWAR SINGH AND SAHIBZADA FATEH SINGH WERE BEING BURIED ALIVE IN THE WALL, WAS THE SAME PERSON WHO FOUGHT WITH BABA BANDA BAHDUR, AND WAS KILLED WHILE FIGHTING WITH HIM. I THINK THAT YOUR KNOWLEDGE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE CORRECT.

Wazir Khan was the subedar of Sirhind, I was referring to Sher Mohammed Khan who was the Nawab of Malerkotla. Sher Mohammed Khan was killed fighting Banda Singh Bahadur at the Battle of Chappar Chiri in May 1710. Wazir Khan was also killed in that battle. Previous to this Sher Mohammed Khan had tried to stop the Sikhs of Majha and Doaba crossing the Satluj at Ropar in order to join Banda Singh Bahadur near Sirhind. In that battle Sher Mohammed Khan was severly wounded and his brother as well as two cousins were killed by the Sikhs. His attempt at stopping the Sikhs crossing the Satluj failed.
NAWAB OF MALERKOTLA AND HIS DYNESTY TILL DATE GETS FULL REGARD FROM THE GURU NANAK - GURU

GOBIND SINGH NAM LEVAS.

The love of the Nawab for Sikhi can be seen from the fact as he is believed to have abducted a Sikh lady called Bibi Anup Kaur at the time that the Guru and his Sikhs were crossing the Sirsa River. He took her to Sirhind where she committed suicide rather than allow him to outrage her honour. She was buried in Malerkotla and his body was exumed and given a honourable cremation when Banda Singh Bahadur took over Malerkotla.

As for the descendents of the Nawab

Jamal Khan killed in battle with the Sikhs at Rupar in 1748

Bhikan Khan joined Ahmed Shah Abdali in attacking the Sikhs at the Wadda Ghallughara in 1762. After Abdal left the Sikhs returned and Bhikhan Khan was wounded in a battle against the Sikhs at Samana. He retreated and was shot dead by a Sikh whilst drinking water at a well in a Sikh village.

Bahadur Khan was killed in battle against the Sikhs in 1766

Wazir Khan was stripped off most to the state by Maharaja Ranjit Singh who incidentally also divided Raikot between himself and the Rajas of Malwa. It was only after the treaty of Amritsar was signed in 1809 that Maharaja Ranjit Singh's forces left Malerkotla and the British restored the state of Wazir Khan.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

i heard a sakhi at sukhsagar radio last june...it was bout baba banda singh bahadur issuing the death penalty on both suchanand and wazir khan...one was tied to the back of a horse and dragged till he died...other was made to sit on a donkey, his face blackened, and taken all over town and beaten with shitter till he died...dunno which treatment was given to which of the 2...has any1 heard this sakhi? :T: sorry if i m going off topic :)