Udham Singh And Bhagat Singh

Guest -Clockmaker97-

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the point of class division, that would happen no matter what. Russia is the best example, where the party members and affliates were richer or had significantly more clout to get what they wanted than the average Russian. No society has ever been formed in which everyone was equally wealthy; there have always been differences. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't help get rid of poverty, or use a philosophy that treats others equally. But Marxism in its entirity is extreme and radical in today's political climate; the center or moderate position of today's politics is a capitalist system with the government having some key regulations (over national defense, nuclear power plants, health/food regulations). Pure capitalism is also radical, because pure capitalism allows the government to regulate NOTHING. So the objective should be to employ the golden mean...the virtue in perfect balance with two extremes...

i find that to be a very ignorant and deceiving comment.... not every communist... or marxist is an atheist... there is room for flexibility and different forms of both of these.... the basic concern of marxism and communism is equal distribution and eradication of exploitation... not disproving the existence of God.

i suggest familiarizing yourself with liberation theology.

Marxism and communism has been tried but doesn't work out. Russia and China as examples. People just refused to work. And even China isn't fully communist. China has officially banned religion. And Russians were the ones saying there is no God. And now poverty has overgripped it. Also communists believe in dictatorship and everything is under one leader, but they end up throwing everyone in jail for opposing them.

It just doesn't work out.

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

The name Ram Mohammed Singh Azad was an alias. Udham Singh was a revolutionary, he witnessed a masscare and persecution of his people. What he done only a few people could have done. Go to amritsar and jalia wala bhaag and see for yourself, the bullet still remain there and emotions still run high. He was a martyr and a freedom fighter, he went to the source rather then attack anyone else.

Prior the the British occupation of India, there was a respect and an understanding between all religions. Maharaja The Lion of Punjab Ranjeet Singh united the people, he was sikh but respected all religions. His kingdom spanned all the way to afghanistan and the wikid terrain and tough people respected him, there was relative peace there.

Indian united would have been very powerful considering the amount of natural resources it had. The British created borders and divided the motherland. I have spoken to many older people and they said before the parition there was peace and an understanding.

I don't believe they should name a gudwara after him, however should they name a gudwara after a Guru. We sikhs pray to god, when I pray I neel before the almighty.

Guest reality check

Anyone who says Bhagat Singh was a Sikh has to be kidding himself. In the following video at some point Bhagat Singh's family is interviewed. They clearly state that he did not believe in got till the end. Nobody suddenly managed to get him back on track. Ge remained a non believer.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...;q=bhagat+singh