"panthic Maryada"

we hear this term way too often... so.. what exactly is it?

btw... this is continuin on from another topic..

in response to narinder singh...

Doesnt it bother you that every panj are giving a different maryada? How can our Guru which is one be giving several different maryadas? There's a difference between hukam and ignorance.

Theres no such thing as an "SGPC Rehat Maryada", its published by the SGPC, just as its published by Sikh Missionary, just as its published and followed by Singh Sabha Gurdwaras across the globe. It is the maryada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib, and the fact that you deny that shows how much you know.

Fateh.

from wha i've seen and experienced... there's nah a huge difference in maryada's between diff jathebandis... yes there's a few differences.... buh nothin huge.... the 'fundamentals' are still there...

please show me the 'sgpc published maryada' that is signed off by Akaal Takht Sahib... sgpc and akal takht aren't the same thing...

when people are referrin to 'panthic maryada' they are referrin to the spgc published maryada... buh does AKAAL TAKHT SAHIB have a 'stated' maryada? and if they did, wouldn't everybody who had a diff maryada then akaal takht sahib be labelled as anti-panthic?

oh.. and... le's have a proper, mature, adult discussion bout this... if u can't do then.. then don't bother responding... i'm here to learn ... if ur here to ridicule and disrespect and talk smack.. then this isn't the thread for u..

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what the history behind this "panthic" rehitmaryada. when was it published, how was it made, who was involved, how long did it take?

These things are no secret it is all recorded. I think in the rehat itself or at least the translations. I think people like Kahn Singh Nabha, Vir Singh were involved and dozens of others. All this took a few decades in the early 1900s.

tha's the thing though.. tha's wha i'm tryin to figure out... where does it say i's approved? there should be a 'seal of approval' type'a ting... on the sgpc website, it doesn't say netin bout it bein approved by akal takht... any time Akaal Takht Sahib makes a decision or gives a hukam, they provide their 'stamp' and siganture of jathedar sahib at the bottom... so tha's basically wha i'm lookin for..

taksalis have different mareyada they have produced shaheeds and bhagats same is case with nihungs nirmale rara sahib etc !!! they all have produced shaheeds and bhagats !!!! because of their puratan mareyada ....

but even a single shaheed or bhagat produced by sgpc ??? it falls back at many places

example a keski is must keeping aside its kakkar or not .... in bhai chaupa singhs rehatname it comes a person who eats food or have a bath without keski is tankhaiya ... whats SGPC mareyada says about this on other hand every puratan jathebandi states keski is must !!!!

same is case with janam sanskar and rehat on kanga and kashera and many other things !!!! which are not at all panthic ... no matter u see history or rehatnammes we have !!!!

Guest Narinder Singh
so... that bein said... is there really a 'panthic' maryada? Does Akaal Takht Sahib have an official written maryada for the panth that is written and signed off by Akaal Takht?

Yes, and theres only one Maryada that is accepted by the sikh commonwealth, that is the maryada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Why would Sri Akal Takht Sahib follow several different maryadas? It makes no sense at all.

The ways of the various jathas and sampradas are not mainstream, they are not followed by majority of the panth, nor are they even acknowledged in many cases.

These jathas are miniroties and fringe groups who just have a loud voice, so it may seem as though there are many of them.

Fateh.

okay... that bein said... what is it? is there a hard copy somewhere?

also to ur other comment "they are not followed by majority of the panth"... so then what does majority of the panth follow? how many "sikhs" actually follow Sikhi to begin wit? not very many, in my opinion...

tha's what i'm sayin.. we all say 'akaal takht maryada' this and that... buh can u provide me with a copy of it? wha exactly does it state?