"panthic Maryada"

Two things i wish to clear up mukh after reading your reply:

1. When I mentioned new age sikhs, i didnt meant in this thread. I was generally speaking, it was general comment wasnt against any one specific in this thread or members.

2. When I pointed out sikhs should stop bickering again i didnt meant in this thread. I was generally speaking, it was general comment wasnt against any one specific in this thread or members.

Hope that clarifies any misunderstanding.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things i wish to clear up mukh after reading your reply:

1. When I mentioned new age sikhs, i didnt meant in this thread. I was generally speaking, it was general comment wasnt against any one specific in this thread or members.

2. When I pointed out sikhs should stop bickering again i didnt meant in this thread. I was generally speaking, it was general comment wasnt against any one specific in this thread or members.

Hope that clarifies any misunderstanding.

Yeah it's all good Bhai Namstang.

I'd appreciate it if you would answer my previous question about Takht Hazoor Sahib regarding Guru Gobind Singh Ji's request...you seem to be very knowledgable about the subject (or I can start a new topic :D )

WJKK WJKF

Chatrik bhaaji,

If you think maryada given to bhai mani singh ji by sri guru gobind singh ji as supreme maryada - sri akaal takth sahib maryada then do you also beleive in bhai mani singh ji lineage?

Here is bhai mani singh lineage:

sampardai%20started%20by%20siri%20guru%20gobind%20singh%20ji.JPG

Dass was refering to the Khalsa Rehit Maryada given to BHai Mani Singh as the JATHEYDAR of Sri Akal Takht Sahib by Guru sahib, for him to do his duty according to the SAME REHIT MARYADA given by Guru Sahib on the fatefull day of Vasakhi in 1699 in Sri Anandpur Sahib. Was not referring to BHai Mani Singh taksal.

Rehitnameh says;

KESH TAREY PAHUL BINA, BHEEKHI MOORAKH SIKH.

you can also refer to BHai Chaupa Singhs rehitnameh on sehajdharee sikhs.

Will not comment more as we are going off topic.

Also, Namstang ji. Look at the taksal lineage poster which you provided.

Don't you find it quite surprising that the FIRST HALF of the gursikh who did sewa in taksal are referted to as BHAI/BABA? (first 200 years)

and, SECOND HALF below the poster, the gursikh which did sewa in taksal are referred to as SANT?(for the last 100 years)

What a drastic change from Bhai(brother)/Baba(the wise one) to Sant title?

just something for us to ponder on.......

The Panthic Rehat Maryada is already in existence and it's the one that the SGPC accepted after the deliberations of many Sikh scholars and religious leaders during the 30s and 40s. The Rehat Maryada took many years to formulate and it was accepted by the SGPC in 1950. One thing we shouldn't do is to equate the SGPC of the period of when the Panthic Rehat Maryada was deliberated on with the SGPC of today. The members of the SGPC during that time were the ones who had undergone much hardship in the Akali movement. The reason for the SGPC undertaking the task was that during that time there was no set Maryada and if any Sikh wanted to the correct procedure or maryada for doing something he would get conflicting answers from different Gurdwaras and organisations.

The reason for the conflicting Maryadas isn't due to any plan that the Gurus had that they wanted various types of Maryadas, these maryadas came about due to the unsettled nature of the times after 1699 and the fact that many of the people who wrote the Maryadas brought their own views into it.

The Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada is the dominant one amongst Sikhs, the maryadas of Jathas and Taksal is only current amongst their followers and Namstang is right that it is only in the diaspora that Taksal and AKJ are dominant. This is also a recent thing, pre-1984 the SGPC maryada was also dominant in the diaspora but with the factionalism in Singh Sabha Gurdwaras the Panth Pranvit Rehat Maryada has received a set back.

have heard that Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not want any monument or Gurudwar at the place where he left this world...so if that is correct than would not the location and presence of Takht Hazoor Sahib be incorrect and against Guru Ji's wishes?? (Please explain this.) I am simply asking a question and would not like to make any point...as I am not educated enough about this to even have an opinion on it.

I'd appreciate it if you would answer my previous question about Takht Hazoor Sahib regarding Guru Gobind Singh Ji's request...you seem to be very knowledgable about the subject (or I can start a new topic

Mukh, i actually never heard of this claim before that sri guru gobind singh ji never wanted to have any monument or gurdwara where sri guru gobind singh left his physical body. This is first time i m hearing this, can you please provide some sources or references where this claim is made?

I am out of town, dont have the proper sources with me. However, i searched on the website, there is special section made by amritpal singh amrit regarding maryada of hazoor sahib. its called hazoore maryada praboh, it provides very detail description on hazoor sahib maryada as well their reasoning, along with same history on hazoor sahib gurdwara, please look into this excellent source for now, i m going through this site as well to search answer for your query.

http://www.amritworld.com/hazooree_maryada...k_adhiyain.html

source- Gurmat Rehit Maryada by Sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale

mentions one thing which we need ponder upon before we beleive in hearsey that guru sahib was against hazoor sahib momument, sri guru gobind singh himself gave gurgaddi to sri guru granth sahib ji at hazoor sahib with panj bhramgyani sikhs:

- Baba Gurbkash Singh Ji Shaheed

- Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed

- Bhai Dharam Singh Ji

- Bhai Heer Singh Ji (sevadar of guru sahib who used to write dairy of guru sahib)

- Bhai Santok Singh Ji (sevadar of hazoor sahib)

now please think about it, why sri guru gobind singh ji would be against momument of sri hazoor sahib, where guru sahib himself gave his guruship to sri guru granth sahib ji at sachkhand hazoor sahib

Dass was refering to the Khalsa Rehit Maryada given to BHai Mani Singh as the JATHEYDAR of Sri Akal Takht Sahib by Guru sahib, for him to do his duty according to the SAME REHIT MARYADA given by Guru Sahib on the fatefull day of Vasakhi in 1699 in Sri Anandpur Sahib

Chatrik bhaaji, do you know where is this khalsa rehit maryada given to bhai mani singh ji (jathedar of akaal takth sahib ) ? have you had darshan of this maryada yourself? which text is this maryada in? can you please provide more details.

he Panthic Rehat Maryada is already in existence and it's the one that the SGPC accepted after the deliberations of many Sikh scholars and religious leaders during the 30s and 40s. The Rehat Maryada took many years to formulate and it was accepted by the SGPC in 1950. One thing we shouldn't do is to equate the SGPC of the period of when the Panthic Rehat Maryada was deliberated on with the SGPC of today. The members of the SGPC during that time were the ones who had undergone much hardship in the Akali movement. The reason for the SGPC undertaking the task was that during that time there was no set Maryada and if any Sikh wanted to the correct procedure or maryada for doing something he would get conflicting answers from different Gurdwaras and organisations.

good post bikie some of things i disagree but good post overall, can you also shed some light on concept and importance of five takths in sikh history/panth when it comes to decision making, maryada. Can sikh who have taken amrit from sri patna sahib because of location they live, have to abide by maryada made by sgpc or can follow maryada of sri patna sahib , still be valid in eyes of sgpc or singh sabhas? also same goes for sikh taken amrit from keshgarh sahib, damdama sahib, sri hazoor sahib? do they have to abide by maryada made by sgpc or maryada from respective takths? as far as i know, there arent that major differences of maryada between takths- despite of minor differences like- short/long panj banis, rehras sahib, kirtan sohila.. also hakumnama from sri dasam granth, respect for shastars. But as far as sikh personal life is concerned, maryadas from five takths have hardly any difference. as far i did khoj..i may be wrong...please correct me if i m wrong.

so... that bein said... is there really a 'panthic' maryada? Does Akaal Takht Sahib have an official written maryada for the panth that is written and signed off by Akaal Takht?

Yes, and theres only one Maryada that is accepted by the sikh commonwealth, that is the maryada of Sri Akal Takht Sahib.

Why would Sri Akal Takht Sahib follow several different maryadas? It makes no sense at all.

The ways of the various jathas and sampradas are not mainstream, they are not followed by majority of the panth, nor are they even acknowledged in many cases.

These jathas are miniroties and fringe groups who just have a loud voice, so it may seem as though there are many of them.

Fateh.

d_oh.gif

have heard that Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not want any monument or Gurudwar at the place where he left this world...so if that is correct than would not the location and presence of Takht Hazoor Sahib be incorrect and against Guru Ji's wishes?? (Please explain this.) I am simply asking a question and would not like to make any point...as I am not educated enough about this to even have an opinion on it.

I'd appreciate it if you would answer my previous question about Takht Hazoor Sahib regarding Guru Gobind Singh Ji's request...you seem to be very knowledgable about the subject (or I can start a new topic

Mukh, i actually never heard of this claim before that sri guru gobind singh ji never wanted to have any monument or gurdwara where sri guru gobind singh left his physical body. This is first time i m hearing this, can you please provide some sources or references where this claim is made?

I am out of town, dont have the proper sources with me. However, i searched on the website, there is special section made by amritpal singh amrit regarding maryada of hazoor sahib. its called hazoore maryada praboh, it provides very detail description on hazoor sahib maryada as well their reasoning, along with same history on hazoor sahib gurdwara, please look into this excellent source for now, i m going through this site as well to search answer for your query.

http://www.amritworld.com/hazooree_maryada...k_adhiyain.html

source- Gurmat Rehit Maryada by Sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale

mentions one thing which we need ponder upon before we beleive in hearsey that guru sahib was against hazoor sahib momument, sri guru gobind singh himself gave gurgaddi to sri guru granth sahib ji at hazoor sahib with panj bhramgyani sikhs:

- Baba Gurbkash Singh Ji Shaheed

- Baba Deep Singh Ji Shaheed

- Bhai Dharam Singh Ji

- Bhai Heer Singh Ji (sevadar of guru sahib who used to write dairy of guru sahib)

- Bhai Santok Singh Ji (sevadar of hazoor sahib)

now please think about it, why sri guru gobind singh ji would be against momument of sri hazoor sahib, where guru sahib himself gave his guruship to sri guru granth sahib ji at sachkhand hazoor sahib

Dass was refering to the Khalsa Rehit Maryada given to BHai Mani Singh as the JATHEYDAR of Sri Akal Takht Sahib by Guru sahib, for him to do his duty according to the SAME REHIT MARYADA given by Guru Sahib on the fatefull day of Vasakhi in 1699 in Sri Anandpur Sahib

Chatrik bhaaji, do you know where is this khalsa rehit maryada given to bhai mani singh ji (jathedar of akaal takth sahib ) ? have you had darshan of this maryada yourself? which text is this maryada in? can you please provide more details.

he Panthic Rehat Maryada is already in existence and it's the one that the SGPC accepted after the deliberations of many Sikh scholars and religious leaders during the 30s and 40s. The Rehat Maryada took many years to formulate and it was accepted by the SGPC in 1950. One thing we shouldn't do is to equate the SGPC of the period of when the Panthic Rehat Maryada was deliberated on with the SGPC of today. The members of the SGPC during that time were the ones who had undergone much hardship in the Akali movement. The reason for the SGPC undertaking the task was that during that time there was no set Maryada and if any Sikh wanted to the correct procedure or maryada for doing something he would get conflicting answers from different Gurdwaras and organisations.

good post bikie some of things i disagree but good post overall, can you also shed some light on concept and importance of five takths in sikh history/panth when it comes to decision making, maryada. Can sikh who have taken amrit from sri patna sahib because of location they live, have to abide by maryada made by sgpc or can follow maryada of sri patna sahib , still be valid in eyes of sgpc or singh sabhas? also same goes for sikh taken amrit from keshgarh sahib, damdama sahib, sri hazoor sahib? do they have to abide by maryada made by sgpc or maryada from respective takths? as far as i know, there arent that major differences of maryada between takths- despite of minor differences like- short/long panj banis, rehras sahib, kirtan sohila.. also hakumnama from sri dasam granth, respect for shastars. But as far as sikh personal life is concerned, maryadas from five takths have hardly any difference. as far i did khoj..i may be wrong...please correct me if i m wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takht_Sri_Hazur_Sahib

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takht_Sri_Hazur_Sahib"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takht_Sri_Hazur_Sahib"

THANKS "Sarpanch"...I was having trouble finding where I found out about Guru Gobind Singh's wishes.....maybe ithat statement is incorrect though...someone please give more info on how this "rumor" (IF it is a rumor) began than...\

WJKK WJKF