What's The Best Hair Oil?

Have been wondering this for a while. I have decided to stop using conditioner and use oil instead, plus many Gursikhs also give importance to applying oil to the scalp and hair.

So the question is, what's the cheapest....ermmm....best oil?

My mum uses this green coloured oil called "amla", I think. I didn't like the smell, and it also stained my white dastaar :D

Baby oil is cheap, but it doesn't give the smoothness I want.

any suggestions?

also, are we meant to oil the beard?

Have been wondering this for a while. I have decided to stop using conditioner and use oil instead, plus many Gursikhs also give importance to applying oil to the scalp and hair.

So the question is, what's the cheapest....ermmm....best oil?

My mum uses this green coloured oil called "amla", I think. I didn't like the smell, and it also stained my white dastaar :D

Baby oil is cheap, but it doesn't give the smoothness I want.

any suggestions?

also, are we meant to oil the beard?

tht green coloured oil; amla smells nice!

emm i'd say mustard oil is the best, smells a bit strong tho, but makes ur hair soft anf smooth and knot free hehe!

emm u cud try almond oil, i dnt like jonhsons oil...........

Amla smells nice when youve washed it out of your kesh, it should only be in your hair for an hour before you wash.

ONly an hour? really? I keep on overnight...

GuruManeyoGranth, ur so desi!

I wish there was an oil that smelt good, I can't stand cocunut or almond. Jasmine is alr8 thoough. Johnson's gives white hairs. Does anyone use Bio oil on their kesh? It smells so nice but I'm worried it may not be suitable...

I wouldn't use baby oil as "Mineral oil or liquid petrolatum is a by-product in the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline". I find that pretty gross and although baby oil may be used to moisturize, it actually does not easily penetrate the skin as the molecules of mineral oil are too large.

There has been some warnings against baby oil as well especially for young infants who put their hands in their mouth as baby oil contains hydrocarbons that can be deadly.

I personnally stick to vegetable oils: either almond or coconut or olive. I don't think it really matters which vegetable oil you use, some are thicker than others and they all have their different smells. I guess it's a question of preference.

For those that do not like the smell: add a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil but not too many. Make sure you respect the ratio of about 25 drops per 100ml. I love the smell of orange so i add it to almond oil.

I used meulaleca oil mixed with coconut oil when my kids had lice because coconut is so thick. It worked!