turban colors

Jassika

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes s1ngh, Orange is a shaheedi colour. In the 1980s when singhs would go to kill a curropt politician they would were orange dastars and would do chopia sahib da path, they would were orange just incase they attained shaheedi. Even in the pinds of punjab ppl would were orange and blue to show the police that they were supporters of Sant Jarnail singh ji and we are ready to become shaheed. Even if you seen the movie bhagat singh they singh that song in it " mere raang de basanti chola" meaning may my clothes be coloured in orange. So orange does repersent shaheedi.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I do not agree that by wearing any specific colour, the intensity of any kind of feelings decreases or increases.

All natural colours are part of KUDRAT like our blood which is RED so is it full of KAAM ? Trees (most) are Green , r they belongs to Muslium only ?

I am not against any Rehitnaamaa but Sadh Sangat Jee try to understand the time period under which all these Rehitnamama and Dasam Granth were written, the time of wars. The chances for dilution in these writings were high , as per my little knowledge this was one of the reasons why Guru Gobind Singh Jee did not kept his own bani in SGGS Jee. Earlier also in one of the posts it was said that as per Rehitnaama eating ONION is not allowed. I think we need to think abt these kind of things.

Bhul Chukk Dee Maufi

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I do not agree that by wearing any specific colour, the intensity of any kind of feelings decreases or increases.
paji i am not too worried about the significance of why red and green are not to be worn.

i am generally very cynical on each part of the rehat until i have been given historical proofs that they are part of the maryada. once i am sure of this i do not question it at ALL.

it is irrelevant what the meaning was - the khalsa uniform does not include red or green. so we do not wear it.

All natural colours are part of KUDRAT like our blood which is RED so is it full of KAAM ? Trees (most) are Green , r they belongs to Muslium only ?

animals dont have anand karaj before they produce offspring, does that make all animals kurehitees? :) its not possible to compare khalsa code of conduct to the natural world.

I am

not against any Rehitnaamaa but Sadh Sangat Jee try to understand the time period under which all these Rehitnamama and Dasam Granth were written, the time of wars.

should chandi di // and other such gurbani be abandoned because they relate to a warlike situation which we are no longer in? there is no doubt that the original purpose of the KARA was to deflect strikes of a sword. now this is not an issue why not remove the kara?

like it or not, khalsa are meant to be a sipahi - soldiers who do not go lax even for a moment :@

The chances for dilution in these writings were high , as per my little knowledge this was one of the reasons why Guru Gobind Singh Jee did not kept his own bani in SGGS Jee.

why didnt guru gobind singh add jaap sahib, akal ustat, gyan prabodh, 24 incarnations, 404 stories into the guru granth sahib when they have nothing or very little to do with war?

furthermore how should we decide which parts of the rehat to remove and which parts to leave? is this not picking apart the rehat according to our own whims? do we know what is better than the guru does?

Earlier also in one of the posts it was said that as per Rehitnaama eating ONION is not allowed. I think we need to think abt these kind of things.

bhai sahib you are

incorrect. the only injuction against onion comes in banda singh bahadurs hukamnama. this is because he was previously an ascetic hindu hermit so some past values were still stuck to him. in no rehatnama does it say, dont eat onion.

tanakh-nama bhai nand lal (oldest rehatnama, a copy of a copy is dated a bit earlier than 1720?)

"who clothes himself in red, or who uses snuff, will be desolated by yam, says gobind singh"

i dont want to take the chance of being desolated by yam ohmy.gif

red use to be the hindus colors bak in the dyas,

green use to be muslim colors,

thas why

Well soem Hindus have Oreange as their color and..some muslism hasv BLUE as their color as well :)

Bhull chukk maaf :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

red use to be the hindus colors bak in the dyas,

green use to be muslim colors,

thas why

Well soem Hindus have Oreange as their color and..some muslism hasv BLUE as their color as well :)

Bhull chukk maaf :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguru ji!

Singh ji your right we shouldnt be looking at this 'not so' important stuff. Main thing is naam and bani, seva, i wont say much .... we just shouldnt be worrying ourselves on this kind of stuff as much....

bul chuk maph jio