Pics From Khalsa Camp 2007

Guest G.Kaur

iam talking about the sachkand wer maharaj is taken after sukhasaan, the sachkand that u see at every gurdwara wer maharaj is taken afta sukasaan

No there wasnt, that question was posed to the sevadars and they said there was no rule or anything in place where at a Temporary loaction a Sachkand was needed. Just as someone has Guru Ji in thier homes for a couple of days there isnt usually a Sachkand either...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its nott about temp location its about satkar, wen maharaj is at sumones house its usualy for an akand paat, if the organisers had enough money to provide campers with nice rooms with bathrooms etc, they should of atleast thought of providing maharaj a sachkand, iam sure ther was a spare room ther for a sachkand seeming as the site was very nice site

well its nott about temp location its about satkar, wen maharaj is at sumones house its usualy for an akand paat, if the organisers had enough money to provide campers with nice rooms with bathrooms etc, they should of atleast thought of providing maharaj a sachkand, iam sure ther was a spare room ther for a sachkand seeming as the site was very nice site

I am not as learned as some of you Singhs and Singhnia...

but i believe that this whole world is a temporary location. I also believe that 99% of UK Gurdwaras fail when it comes to satkaar... have u seen the state of some of them? run down factories turned into Gurdwaras, damp walls, leaking ceilings, mould growing in the corners of darbaar, etc etc...

point is, no matter how much satkaar u do, its never EVER enough when it comes to our Guru Jee... but come on guys... this is Guru Granth Sahib Jee... Guru Sahib doesnt moan or frown because the Sach Khand was a temporary abode. Guru Jee is happy being in the presence of sangat who worship him as lovingly as they do at all camps.

No SACH KHAND here on earth is permanent... its ALL temporary. This whole world is. Lets concentrate on getting to our truue and permanent abodes.

Please lets keep to the topic of sharing photos and other media from this years Khalsa Camp

I am not as learned as some of you Singhs and Singhnia...

but i believe that this whole world is a temporary location. I also believe that 99% of UK Gurdwaras fail when it comes to satkaar... have u seen the state of some of them? run down factories turned into Gurdwaras, damp walls, leaking ceilings, mould growing in the corners of darbaar, etc etc...

point is, no matter how much satkaar u do, its never EVER enough when it comes to our Guru Jee... but come on guys... this is Guru Granth Sahib Jee... Guru Sahib doesnt moan or frown because the Sach Khand was a temporary abode. Guru Jee is happy being in the presence of sangat who worship him as lovingly as they do at all camps.

No SACH KHAND here on earth is permanent... its ALL temporary. This whole world is. Lets concentrate on getting to our truue and permanent abodes.

Please lets keep to the topic of sharing photos and other media from this years Khalsa Camp

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

I agree ! :D ^^^

Sachkhand or not, for the two days that I was there, satkaar to Guroo Mahraaj was given to the utmost. I mean the Darbar Sahib just looked immaculate.

Singh_bling Jee, I think it would be good if you contact KhalsaCamp with your queries and suggestions. I'm sure they will gladly reply.

Guroo Rakhaa!

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

sounds out of order....we can provide ourselves with bedrooms but not maharaj witha place of rest....yes gurdwareh are in a bad state right now....but the majority of them still realise that there should be a seperate place/room for maharaj after sukhasan.....camp sounds great but...you only going to get blessings if you do satkaar of maharaj...and im sorry but sach khand seems basic understanding....

2pence worth...sorry if affended anyone....im sure camp was realy good...but wheere there is a valid point...shouldnt really ignore iy

camps are ment to inspire ppl into sikhi, now if at the camps there isnt satkaar for guru jee. . .. etc then i think we are failng ourselfs. . .i know gurdvaras are in a bad state etc but camp are ment to be inspirational. we are ment to show, that this is the satkaar that should be given to maharaj, even tho we cant give enuf. . .fair enuf langar can be bang on, we can have gupt amrit velahs etc, and abhiyaas smagams, and even en suits, but if satguru jee isnt given satkaar then there is no point. . .however i spose do as u plz. u are all wiser than me, i was just shocked to realise that there wasnt a sachkand. . . we hear that khalsa camp is wiked, amrit veleh are good. etc etc etc etc etc. . . but satkaar for guru jee is a must also. fateh.

Guest baba amarjeet singh
camps are ment to inspire ppl into sikhi, now if at the camps there isnt satkaar for guru jee. . .. etc then i think we are failng ourselfs. . .i know gurdvaras are in a bad state etc but camp are ment to be inspirational. we are ment to show, that this is the satkaar that should be given to maharaj, even tho we cant give enuf. . .fair enuf langar can be bang on, we can have gupt amrit velahs etc, and abhiyaas smagams, and even en suits, but if satguru jee isnt given satkaar then there is no point. . .however i spose do as u plz. u are all wiser than me, i was just shocked to realise that there wasnt a sachkand. . . we hear that khalsa camp is wiked, amrit veleh are good. etc etc etc etc etc. . . but satkaar for guru jee is a must also. fateh.

if you were not there how can you comment on the satkaar for guru jee?

on a temporary basis it is acceptable for there not to be a separate sach khand

if you can show which rehit marayda shows otherwise, please do so.

and i do not understand why you bring "gupt amrit veleh" into this?

what has that got to do with anything whatsoever?

for example when people are doing sehaj paath from maharaaj saroop and they have maharaaj saroop in their house for a temporary basis, there is not normally a separate sach khand.

yes i agree, a separate sach khand would have been better, but to say "there is no satkaar for maharaaj" on the basis of that, is incorrect.

as veer I singh said, you should contact khalsa camp admin with your queries directly

http://khalsacamp.com/uk/

there is an option where you can ask a question on this website, use it.

It is impossible to inspire anyone else truly. One can only inspire oneself by acting upon a good example given by another. In other words one can take a donkey to the river but not force it to drink the water. Satkaar for Guruji revolves around an inward respect for Gurbani and not an outward show of exuberance. How can one define sachkhand whilst also acknowledging the fact that Guru Sahib's presence is everywhere? So where is GuruJi not? Show me a place where the presence of Guruji(GOD) doesn't exist!?? Our minds will change when we realize that it is the ethereal(Jot) that we pay respect to not just mere words written on a piece of paper. The greatest satkaaar of Guruji is to read and act upon the Bani from Waheguru. Don't be shocked and please attend Khalsa Camp next year and show the organisers how to go about preparing what you call 'sachkhand'. When others cannot do it then its time you took the action to implement your words. See you at the next camp khalsa ji!!!

sangat at khalsa camp was very very good. very nice divaans, both amritvela and evenings. some fo the talks were inspirational.

obviously, there is room for improvement. thats why talking to the sevadars direct is sensible. ie theres no point coming on forums and talking about the bad points of any camp, smagam etc etc. i have talked to the sevadars where improvements should be made, and will be putting in writing soon.

Our Guru has physical saroop too, which is the form of a Granth. please forgive me. Yes Guru ji is everywhere, but then why do parkash of Maharaj? Maharaj is Nirgun, Sargun and Gurshabad saroop. but to record the shabad in this physical word, Maharaj has the took form of a Granth, Dhan Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. If a so called Sachkhand was not needed, then Guru Arjan Dev would not have doen Sukhasan of Adi Sri Guru Granth Sahib at kotha sahib, and Guru Arjan Dev wouldnt have spelt of the floor.

Khalsa camp was a nice camp and sevadars were very nice...i do suggest that people who didnt go this should go next year.

if people have pics, videos or audio, please please post them on here