Bibian Facial Hair And "singhs"

AkalPurkhKiFauj

I'M just writing my opinion here, and therefore dont want anyone getting mad - if you dont agree dont read hunna - why get yourself lost in krodh...

I am disgusted by us youth today - we (singhs) go about wearing kaurageous hoodies, thinking its very funny to be wearing a princess hoody . It's not its actually really disturbing - if you want to have Kaur as a surname do ardas that you come back as a sister next time, or go get an operation, instead of dragging the once proud name of "SINGH" through the mud.

Somebody really ought to slap you lot - you have the surname of my father Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaaj and you (unintentionally?) mock Them by wearing those tops. Do you not think Sachay Paatshah gave us the name singh for a reason?!

How many Singhs gave their heads to protect this 5 letter word we take for granted?

Lions... you "princess" need to wake up

As far as bibian and their facial hair goes - im sick and tired of hearing them come up to me and with the usual "its soo hard for us to keep our facial hair" or "i want to cut my hair" or " i just want to die/commit suicide" .

Look at the end of the day what is it? its KEs!! A gift from MAharaj - and you guys get upset over it? Maharaj gives us Kes for a reason - Gurmukh Rom Rom Har Dhiaavay -- > this is Maharaj bestowing a gift upon as after we read every day in JApji Sahib - Ik Du Jibhao Lakh Hoay Lakh Vis, Lakh Lakh Gera Akheeay Ek Naam Jugdees.

And you want to do beadbi of kes or kill yourself? Stop wallowing in self pity - you wouldnt know a hard life if it came up to you and smacked you one - hard life was in mir mannus jails, hard life is when Mai Bhag Kaur ji was left for dead by the Mughals after jung, hard life is Bibi Harsharaan Kaur who WENT BACK to chamkaur da killah after the treachorous mughals had made every singh their shaheed - she heard about it and went back in order to cremate the bodies of the great Shaheeds - and obviously the lighting of the fire attracted the Muhammadans and they made her shaheed as well ...

Why is it so hard? Because your chanchal mind wishes to fit in with the current trends of today? Trends come and go - who knows what weill be "in" in the future - whereas Maharaj was, is and always will, be here and everywhere.

So in summary - lets do our ancestors justrice and start living up to our names that we seem to take for granted

SINGH & KAUR - not just a name ... an inspiration...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'M just writing my opinion here, and therefore dont want anyone getting mad - if you dont agree dont read hunna - why get yourself lost in krodh...

I am disgusted by us youth today - we (singhs) go about wearing kaurageous hoodies, thinking its very funny to be wearing a princess hoody . It's not its actually really disturbing - if you want to have Kaur as a surname do ardas that you come back as a sister next time, or go get an operation, instead of dragging the once proud name of "SINGH" through the mud.

Somebody really ought to slap you lot - you have the surname of my father Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaaj and you (unintentionally?) mock Them by wearing those tops. Do you not think Sachay Paatshah gave us the name singh for a reason?!

How many Singhs gave their heads to protect this 5 letter word we take for granted?

Lions... you "men" need to wake up

As far as bibian and their facial hair goes - im sick and tired of hearing them come up to me and with the usual "its soo hard for us to keep our facial hair" or "i want to cut my hair" or " i just want to die/commit suicide" .

Look at the end of the day what is it? its KEs!! A gift from MAharaj - and you guys get upset over it? Maharaj gives us Kes for a reason - Gurmukh Rom Rom Har Dhiaavay -- > this is Maharaj bestowing a gift upon as after we read every day in JApji Sahib - Ik Du Jibhao Lakh Hoay Lakh Vis, Lakh Lakh Gera Akheeay Ek Naam Jugdees.

And you want to do beadbi of kes or kill yourself? Stop wallowing in self pity - you wouldnt know a hard life if it came up to you and smacked you one - hard life was in mir mannus jails, hard life is when Mai Bhag Kaur ji was left for dead by the Mughals after jung, hard life is Bibi Harsharaan Kaur who WENT BACK to chamkaur da killah after the treachorous mughals had made every singh their shaheed - she heard about it and went back in order to cremate the bodies of the great Shaheeds - and obviously the lighting of the fire attracted the Muhammadans and they made her shaheed as well ...

Why is it so hard? Because your chanchal mind wishes to fit in with the current trends of today? Trends come and go - who knows what weill be "in" in the future - whereas Maharaj was, is and always will, be here and everywhere.

So in summary - lets do our ancestors justrice and start living up to our names that we seem to take for granted

Waheguru! :WW: Well Said!!

plz forgive me veer jee if i have misunderstood ur comments but wots the problem with a singh wearing a KAURagous Hoody? its no different to a sighni wearing a dastaar the same as a singh..............we fighting the same battle, a singh is REPRESENTING his sister by waering a KAURagous hoody.........................the same way i would expect a singhni to wear a "SINGHauragoes" or summat WE ALL REPRESENT THE SAME PANTH SINGH OR KAUR!!!! :D

Totally agrere with the facial hair thing veer jee :WW: :WW: :nihungsmile:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/content/GURBANI-...a-Donkeys-Skin/

In my opinion , If a singh wears a kauragous hoody then he is no less a singh than one that doesnt. I think we need to stop coming up with these absurd rules and ban everything. you cant do this cant do that etc.

As for the bibiyan issue, i dont think a singh can understand what bibiyans who have facial hair go through. So we need to stop judging people. This issue should be left with bibiyans themselves and the indviduals to which the issue applies.

http://www.sikhsangat.com/content/GURBANI-...a-Donkeys-Skin/

In my opinion , If a singh wears a kauragous hoody then he is no less a singh than one that doesnt. I think we need to stop coming up with these absurd rules and ban everything. you cant do this cant do that etc.

As for the bibiyan issue, i dont think a singh can understand what bibiyans who have facial hair go through. So we need to stop judging people. This issue should be left with bibiyans themselves and the indviduals to which the issue applies.

theres no rules or anything remotely absurd about this - if you had paused to read the top two lines of my post youd have seen it is simplyy an opinon!

i feel that itt IS a disrespect to wear one of those tops as singhs dont wear them to "support" their sisters - they think they are cool.

whilst on the subject of hoodies - ie dharam de rakhwalay and stuff - pehlaa ta dharam day bano - phir rakhwaalay bano!!! (first actualy follow the religion, then become the saviours of the religion!) Seen bare monay wearing these hoody (nothing against monay)

As far as the bibiyan topic - again im giving my view on this, and i know of many bibianm who share this view actually - so perhaps this topic has given a new perpective to some bibian or some strength - maybe some of us (like myself) havent sat back and taken a minute to appreciate the greatness of even our names.

personally.. i dun tink a SINGH has any right to 'bash' bibian who talk about facial hair problems... us 'singhs' don't know how difficult it is to a be a female in todays society, let alone a female with facial hair... its easy for a singh to walk around with khula dara (open beard) buh i's nah so easy for a kaur to walk around with facial hair... especially if i's a case of excessive facial hair...

i understand where ur comin from... buh it doesn't seem u understand where bibian are comin from... because plain and simple u can't...

in todays world, in todays society its VERY difficult for all guru wale sikhs, but even more for bibian with facial hair...

nobody has a right to judge anybody or bash anybody... yes we can talk, consult, comfort, educate and inspire... buh at the end of the day, we don't know what that person has gone through.. for a kaur listenin to a singh say 'suck it up and stop complaining' you think tha's inspiring her? that doesn't show love or acceptance... i think MOST of the onus is on our sisters to help our other sisters, because they know the others are going thru... they've been in those situations, or are in those situations now...

if a kaur sees another kaur dawning a dastaar and has some facial hair but is completely fine with the way she looks and is 100% proud of herself, that will inspire the other kaur...

agreed that its all duality and we shouldn't conform to society etc... etc... buh tha's nah to say that it isn't very difficult... yes maya is very strong.. and it comes in many forms... i'm sure none of us have conquered the 5 chors... in fact, to me, for sum1 to say 'suck it up and stop complaining' shows more ego...

where's the love???

plz forgive me veer jee if i have misunderstood ur comments but wots the problem with a singh wearing a KAURagous Hoody? its no different to a sighni wearing a dastaar the same as a singh..............we fighting the same battle, a singh is REPRESENTING his sister by waering a KAURagous hoody.........................the same way i would expect a singhni to wear a "SINGHauragoes" or summat WE ALL REPRESENT THE SAME PANTH SINGH OR KAUR!!!! :D

its hard for both men and women today to keep kesh etc but it does build immense character when you decide to keep hair because YOU want to not because your parents made you keep your hair..............women find it hard to keep hair because of media and peer pressure BUT men also find it difficult sometimes too due to the same reasons..........

sometimes people who do keep kesh forget how hard it was to keep kesh when they started keeping it..............i remember when i used to trim my beard i used make every excuse in the book to trim but then one day i stopped.........samething with others who are on the path to keeping kesh we shouldnt bash them but try to guide them becuase the last thing you want to do is keep kesh for other people i.e. family and not for your Guru.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.